Menu

What's with the ads?

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

((Krissi))  

I'm feeling good.  I wonder if you have the right antibiotic for the infection?  My doctor said if I feel a bit better and then start feeling worse, it might be because I have the wrong one - they check the labs after 3 days or so to confirm the bacteria strain.

You might also just be worn out.  Can you take a sick day?

Yeah, i’m Taking a sick day. I wrote the kids’ assignments on the white board and am taking it easy. I was thinking about calling my GP in a day or so if I’m not feeling better. This Dial-a-Doctor thing is great because I can get on antibiotics almost immediately. These UTIs spring on me fast and get bad very quickly. But I do want to stay in touch with my GP about these things.

well, mercy.... a Booya/h and I didn’t realize it. I really must be feeling poorly.

ok, what movie was this line from.....”is he on his death (or it could be sick) bed?”  “No, he’s on his regular bed,”. That has been running through my mind and I cannot remember what movie it is from.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

(((Krissi)))  Hope you feel better!

I drove up to the local highschool to scope out where I'm taking ds tomorrow for the AP Calc. exam.  <<Willy-Nilly!>>  Anyway, there is a person at the main entrance checking the ID of everyone who comes in, so I asked her about where he goes and how busy it would be at 7:45 am, etc.  She was very nice.  The students pass through metal detectors right after they come in, but we'll be getting there before the morning rush, so it shouldn't be a problem.  This "I just paid a chunk of money for my ds to take an exam they don't let anyone in late for" brings out the nervous mother in me!  😬

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If I don't move from this position, except maybe my eyes every once in a while, my head won't hurt.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Renai said:

If I don't move from this position, except maybe my eyes every once in a while, my head won't hurt.

That sounds bad.

Miracle of miracles, my headache is gone!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Renai said:

Miracle of miracles, my headache is gone!

Well, of course. ITT Sympathy is a proven healer of headaches.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Slache said:

I accidentally put 29 books on hold.

"Accident" my foot!  

#wheredoesthatsayingcomefromandwhydoiknowit

• Like 3

There is a nest of baby birds around here somewhere. I keep hearing all this “cheep- cheep -cheeping”. I need to look for it. And make sure the cats stay in the house.

• Like 2

Sometimes I wish I were my cat. Where the only movement I have to make all day is finding a more comfortable napping position.😂🐱

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Ok, I gotta find out where that chirping is coming from. It’s driving me crazy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, I gotta find out where that chirping is coming from. It’s driving me crazy.

No luck. I went out in the backyard and found a pair of phoebe birds making a bunch of racket, but that’s not where the chirping is coming from. Sigh. I guess I will fold laundry instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

No luck. I went out in the backyard and found a pair of phoebe birds making a bunch of racket, but that’s not where the chirping is coming from. Sigh. I guess I will fold laundry instead.

Our chirping is coming from the roof...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Renai said:

Our chirping is coming from the roof...

That’s where it sounds like ours is coming from. I looked up there, but couldn’t see anything. I guess the mama bird did a good job hiding it.

• Like 2

Just now, KrissiK said:

That’s where it sounds like ours is coming from. I looked up there, but couldn’t see anything. I guess the mama bird did a good job hiding it.

There might be a loose something on the underside where they can squeeze any there. It's not a very big hole where ours are. Actually, there are 3 different families in our roof. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We have robins in the rhododendron bush right outside ds's window.  It overlooks the driveway and whenever we come in or out, mommy and/or daddy try to lure us away from the tree.  We have robins in one of the rhododendrons every year.  I think this is the first time they're in ds's bush, usually they are in the one outside dd's window.

We also have blue birds nesting in one of our bird houses.  They also come every year.  We also usually have house wrens in another of our bird houses.

I'm tired.  Today was such a long day.  Tomorrow's not bad at the science center - just two classes and I'm making slime in both.  I will only do slime once a year and we do three different recipes and compare stickiness, viscosity, firmness, and stretchiness for each one to decide which is the best.    I do have my stem coordinator position tomorrow night but we are doing fluorescence which is something I've done a million times by now so I pretty much could do it in my sleep.

• Like 4

Juliet tried to catch and eat our Amazon delivery lady. Then we did some rigorous door training. Then a solicitor came to the door and Juliet tried to eat her. I think that we have some more work to do 

• Like 3

The Scout Girls had their court of honor.  Lots of cheers for the girl who earned the first 4 ranks since February.  She's in high school, and so is on a tight schedule to earn her Eagle rank before she ages out of the program.  I talked to Some People.  And now must recover.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have had a migraine all day today.  And I survived a recorder concert with said migraine.

I think I deserve a courage award.  There should be such a thing as Mom Scout badges or something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Junie said:

I have had a migraine all day today.  And I survived a recorder concert with said migraine.

I think I deserve a courage award.  There should be such a thing as Mom Scout badges or something.

I agree! I was dreading violin lesson today because of aforementioned headache...

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Junie said:

1 minute ago, Renai said:

I agree! I was dreading violin lesson today because of aforementioned headache...

This is why we need the Island.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JoJosMom said:

This is why we need the Island.

Yes we do. Buck needs to fire up the chopper and Rocco needs to get the staff ready.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

St. Junie of the Recorder Concert!

I dreamed last night that we went to dh's family reunion at the house he grew up in, which was a typical small ranch-style house, but it had 9 stories and a metal spiral staircase.  And Gymnast was there playing the most beautiful song on her violin.  

A squirrel stole an unripe strawberry yesterday and sat right in front of me and the back window to nibble it.  Little smart-aleck!

I have to run to a grocery store this morning to pick up a couple things for the concert reception tonight.  The girls are going to make lemon poundcake mini (muffin) cakes.  Kids' orchestra concert tonight.

Dd20 has her last finals today and I will go pick her up from the university tomorrow.  She'll only be home 2 weeks before she goes back to work there for the summer.  Sigh.

Coffee!

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Slache said:

I accidentally put 29 books on hold.

Thirty-hold limit at your library, too, huh? 🙂

I'm so ready for the downshift. Five more days to get through.

• Like 5

Morning addition: taking ds14 to the dr. because The Plague is still not gone.  May be a sinus infection.  He insists that he feels fine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

My headache is *finally* mostly gone.  I'm beginning to think that my headaches are aggravated by the ceiling fan in ds18's room.  😞

• Like 6

I slept in until 8. I'm slowly fixing my schedule.

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

Thirty-hold limit at your library, too, huh? 🙂

50. Matt almost passed out when the librarian told me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I had a severe backache last night. But I had medicine! So I am mostly recovered this morning. Took the boys to the river for fishing and boating yesterday, and they are a little extra snapping turtle this morning because I refuse to go anywhere today until writers' meeting tonight. Turtle soup is a thing. I can certainly find plenty for them to "do". 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

No COFFEE!!!!~D yet. I’m still in bed. I’m trying to sleep in a little more and get my rest when I can. This stupid UTI has stalled and isn’t‘t Leaving like I would like. I should try to see my GP later this week.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I need a good book to read. I don’t have one and it has me at loose ends. I’m still working on “Unbroken” but it is so intense I can only read bits at a time and I don’t like that. I need one I can devour.

• Like 2

No sinus infection suspected in ds14.  Other medicines given to reduce inflamation.  We really want everyone to be done being sick before we go camping next week.

Now I must make a phone call.  Bah.  If I'm going to see the person tonight, can I skip the call?

• Like 2

We're having river chicken for dinner because Alex hates fish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Our library has a 100 book hold limit. Back in the very old days when my kids were little and I was basically writing my own version of TOG, I would max out four library cards on holds. I would pick them up in a rolling suitcase. I had a shelf all to myself at the library. I was frequently pointed out to new staff during orientation. Now I am a slacker and only get a few books at a time. I miss the old days. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slache said:

We're having river chicken for dinner because Alex hates fish.

Related to Chicken of the Sea?

I think I can get 25 or 30 books on my library card.  I can reserve up to 14 at a time online.

Looked it up.  30 items at a time, 20 holds at a time. 20 cent fine per day late.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

Speaking of books, it's story time!  Right now we're reading through a collection of fairy tales called Tales of Wonder, edited by Brian Philips.  It's the first edition and could've used a bit more proof reading for typos.  It has some discussion questions along with each story, some of which are a bit silly if your child has ever heard the story before, and generally not as thoughtful as I expected.  We are enjoying it anyway.

• Like 2

I'm refining next year. :cool:

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Related to Chicken of the Sea?

I think I can get 25 or 30 books on my library card.  I can reserve up to 14 at a time online.

Looked it up.  30 items at a time, 20 holds at a time. 20 cent fine per day late.

Catfish. He likes tuna, or as he calls it "fish burgers".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I talked to my 94 year old mom (aka mostly listened to her talk) for an hour!  I was also putting things in the dishwasher and folding and putting away laundry so I wasn't completely idle while I spent time with her. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

DS has survived the AP Calc exam.  🎉🎉🎉   We have also had our last piano lessons of the school year!  🎉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I dreamed last night that we went to dh's family reunion at the house he grew up in, which was a typical small ranch-style house, but it had 9 stories and a metal spiral staircase.  And Gymnast was there playing the most beautiful song on her violin.  

I told Gymnast about the dream and she got happy and said maybe it will happen. "Maybe God is calling me to play for her!" 🙂

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Our library has a 100 book hold limit. Back in the very old days when my kids were little and I was basically writing my own version of TOG, I would max out four library cards on holds. I would pick them up in a rolling suitcase. I had a shelf all to myself at the library. I was frequently pointed out to new staff during orientation. Now I am a slacker and only get a few books at a time. I miss the old days. 

I remember those days, except we had a laundry basket. I haven't checked out half as many books as I used to... 😞 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

DS has survived the AP Calc exam.  🎉🎉🎉   We have also had our last piano lessons of the school year!  🎉

Svengo.

• Like 1

The cat was drinking out of the fountain and DS scared her and she fell in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3