Menu

Ignore this thread!

29 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

The HEB cheese puffs are the absolute best!  I don't know about the wine.

You could give me a $100 bottle of wine and I wouldn't know the difference. I pretend to be a snob, but not very well.

4 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Save me some; I'm coming over.  So.Stinking.Tired.  

Ok! I have the coolest glasses. They're like medieval chalices.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

This makes no sense to me. Walmart? (insert headscratch emoji)

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

No.  AFSA is Walmart.  FAFSA is cursing something 

The FAFSA is a form you have to fill out when your kids go to college - it is the way they qualify for federal funding and grants and things.  My kids never qualify for anything, but their schools require it to qualify for institutional scholarships and work programs.  It's worse than doing taxes, especially if you have to do it for more than one student and/or they decide to audit you.

• Like 1

Hello!

Trying to fall asleep because I have to be up early in the morning.  I work nights (7pm to 7:30am), but tomorrow I have to go to our sister hospital for a Sim.  I hope I can be fully awake in the morning.  If the brain is not fully on then trying to figure out what is wrong with the mannequin is twice as hard.

Didn’t get much accomplished today. I worked last night and then had mandatory training until 10:00.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

• Like 7

Well I guess I’m done sleeping for the night.  I’m going to clean the kitchen, which  I passed out before touching last night.  Then shower, scrubs, and off to my Sim.  Maybe if I get there early enough, I will reward myself with bacon. 😁 I think I will try to sneak in a little studying for my PALS (pediatric advanced life saving) renewal class that I have on Thursday.  

Hope everyone has a good start to their day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

37 minutes ago, Slache said:

"Bleh, bleh, bleh!" -Dracula

I think I have a different translation of this book.  

20 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I REMEMBER that now! I knew it sounded familiar. That form was TERRIBLE! No wonder it's know as an honorary ITT curse word! Can you at least fill that thing out online now?

Yes - it's online now, at least!  I keep hinting to TurboTax that I would pay them money every single year if they would come up with a FAFSA program.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Is it Tuesday? I feel better but still not up to much. Scotsman went back to work this morning.

I dreamed I was back in University but had no idea what or where my classes were. Apparently I missed them. 
I need to go to the Post Office to mail Uni Boy his birthday box. Not sure I’m going to be able to. My head is still not feeling like I should be driving.

This is my break week so I'm basically not going to know what day it is all week.

I have that dream ALL the time.  I don't know why.  It made sense when I was actually in school (right up until my mid-30's) but I'm not sure what's up now.  I know it's about not being prepared but I don't really have that worry too much lately.

• Like 4

I"m sleeping in a little bit this week in the hopes it helps get rid of the cough, allergy, whatever I'm dealing with.   I'll have to go back to my normal wake up time over the weekend so Monday isn't too rough.

Today I have to drag ds to the mall for sneakers.  I'm not even sure what stores are there anymore but dh wants me to get him decent sneakers so the mall it is.

We might be getting snow this week.  Not a lot but still...snow.   Ugh.

• Like 3

Morning. My back pain has moved into my neck, and I'm not moving very well today. I'm pretty sure this is general muscle tightness, but it's just rough right now. I've got so much to do, and having to walk around drugged just to function isn't much fun. I'm hoping that once I quit stumbling, I can go out and do some walking and stretch out some of the tightness. If that doesn't work, I'll be scheduling a massage. It's not working to have to revise in a semi-sedated state.

Other than that, I'm good.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, maize said:

I keep trying to convince my family we should all become nudists to avoid laundry.

They don't go for it.

I have tried the same. Baring nudity, I suggested simple tunics, two for each person. They didn't go for that either. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, maize said:

My recurring university dream involves discovering at the end of the term that I was enrolled in a class that I had somehow forgotten about and hadn't gone to at all so I am failing.

I've had that dream too.  Usually I remember just in time to run to the final exam and hope to somehow pass.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

You know what is weird?  Despite my having to dry dd's clothes FOREVER at the laundromat because they were not getting dry, she said that it burned her clothes in a couple of spots. 

That sounds hazardous to the laundromat as well as the clothes!  Wonder if the dryer is not well vented....

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Could someone please tell dh to go away?  He's working from home which is great as long as he stays in his dungeon office.  But he is hanging out in the coffee area aka my kitchen where I desperately want to putter in peace while getting my breakfast.  Go away!!!!!

Same!  Dh just got home - partial day because of election day -  and already interrupted intense last minute essay fixing on the part of one.  Poor man.  There is no good place during the school day.  

• Like 2

Well I survived our Sim.  We saved the scary robot baby.  Now I am having a quick lunch in the cafeteria before heading home. Then it is grocery shopping, laundry, and purging in preparation for our upcoming move.  

I hope everyone who is not feeling well has a speedy recovery and that we all adjust our sleep schedule to the time change soon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. My back pain has moved into my neck, and I'm not moving very well today. I'm pretty sure this is general muscle tightness, but it's just rough right now. I've got so much to do, and having to walk around drugged just to function isn't much fun. I'm hoping that once I quit stumbling, I can go out and do some walking and stretch out some of the tightness. If that doesn't work, I'll be scheduling a massage. It's not working to have to revise in a semi-sedated state.

(((Critter)))

3 hours ago, Junie said:

(((Critterfixer)))

I prescribe a very long, very hot shower.  And no housecleaning.

Oh yes!  Good advice!  

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Yes, Dr. Junie. I fully agree with that course of action!

Good!

58 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Given that I'm sort of drugged a little loony, I wrote five weeks worth of blog posts in first draft form, and now I'm going to do some NaNo drafting. Write drunk, edit sober. I think that's how it goes.

Is this how Hemingway did it?  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Another Lynn said:

Same!  Dh just got home - partial day because of election day -  and already interrupted intense last minute essay fixing on the part of one.  Poor man.  There is no good place during the school day.  

This is so true.  I have to send hubby to his room when we are doing school and he is home or nothing gets done.  Poor guy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

ITT needs a critterfixerfixer. 

(((critter)))

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Could someone please tell dh to go away?  He's working from home which is great as long as he stays in his dungeon office.  But he is hanging out in the coffee area aka my kitchen where I desperately want to putter in peace while getting my breakfast.  Go away!!!!!

I know, right?!  DH takes over MY office when he’s WFH. Which is basically our bed in a room that has barely enough room for our bed, but is the only room in our ranch house away from noise .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My dryer doesn’t get here until Saturday. Nobody wear clothes until then. 

Good thing there's no Sunday between now and then. There's already somebody who calls himself the Naked Pastor. 🙂

I've got broth on the stove. I'm ignoring things I'm behind on. ILs arrive Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ds and I left to go get his sneakers and the house on the end of our street (direct line of sight from our house but through trees and only because of the curve in the road, about two-three houses up) had a bunch of fire trucks, an ambulance, cops outside and we drove past another two fire trucks as we were leaving the neighborhood.   I didn't see any smoke or anything but as I was getting gas, I decided I wasn't comfortable leaving dd home alone with something going on in the neighborhood so we came back.  We'll get sneakers tomorrow.   Dd has anxiety and isn't a huge fan of being home alone (although she also pushed for it, go figure).    Still don't know what's going on but a fire fighter was up at the chimney when we came back through.  

This is the same neighbor whose husband fell off the roof and died a couple months ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3