Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Monday!!!!😩😩😩😩😩

I woke up at 4:45 this morning. The time change threw me off. But, I dozed for an hour and I am up now, with COFFEE!!!~D, the cats are in and I am ketchupping.

Staff meeting at my house today. We have our monthly staff meetings at teachers’ homes, since we don’t have a brick and mortar workplace. It’ll be a potluck lunch. I cleaned my kitchen really good last night and now this morning I’ll just have the girls do what they can independently while I tidy up the rest of the house.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I swim in the sea quite often but very carefully in general.

Sometimes I love the way threads go off topic and turn into really interesting and nuanced discussions.   But, I always hate the idea that there is only one right way to do something and if you don't do it this exact way you are lazy, ignorant, and it's not worth doing at all so you should just stop.

• Like 4

I live in one of those houses where everything seems to be breaking down.    There are so many things I'd like to do or that truly NEED to be done but who knows when any of it will actually happen.   It's discouraging sometimes.  

We don't school on birthdays.  All our birthdays are over the summer and we do school year round, but never on birthdays.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Swimming is dangerous.... and yet I still went there. One of these days, I'll learn my lesson but it doesn't appear to be today.

I think it also depends on how thick of a skin you have. If you enjoy a spirited discussion and don’t mind a few jabs, then go for it. That is not me and I stay away from that stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maize said:

Slache, thanks for bringing up Practice Monkeys. We are signing up.

Maybe we'll have classes with you?

Dude!

We're starting after Christmas.

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

No home warranty.

I will never not have one. They've saved me tens of thousands of dollars.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We fix things ourselves.  That has save us tens of thousands of dollars. 

We had a pipe leak causing damage to the floor I was not qualified to fix. That was the big one. I did find the warranty cheaper than fixing things ourselves, but not in a huge way. That floor would have done us in though.

12 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Huh. Someone reacted today to something I posted on a thread a while back that I honestly forgot all about. The only reason it got my attention is that the person that reacted is a MAN! I knew they existed on here but it's like spotting a unicorn or something. 😂

Eww!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

What's on the menu for dinner tonight? I wish I'd have thought to figure this out when we mistakenly got out of bed an hour early this morning. Sigh

Tomato bisque is on the meal schedule, but it turns out that no one will be home tonight, so dinner will be whatever the kids make themselves to eat in the van and I will have gf mac & cheese with a spinach feta chicken sausage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

I am NOT that disciplined. I wish I were and truely strive to be that well organized. But I also know that is definitely in an alternate universe far far away from reality for me.

I plan & cook my menu a semester at a time.  I'm not disciplined enough to do it every week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I am used to notifications saying someone reacted to something I posted, especially now that I regularly hang out on the ITT. I've just never seen a male post on WTM before so it caught my attention as something rare and unusual.

Who was it?

Gil is great.

Bill can be obnoxious. 

Can't think of any other frequent posters easily identified as male.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Tomato bisque is on the meal schedule, but it turns out that no one will be home tonight, so dinner will be whatever the kids make themselves to eat in the van and I will have gf mac & cheese with a spinach feta chicken sausage.

What about shopping? Like fresh veggies and stuff?

Veggie booya! Dat's a good booya.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Slache said:

What about shopping? Like fresh veggies and stuff?

Veggie booya! Dat's a good booya.

I get that stuff every week, but except for a few ingredients here and there it's pretty much the same - fresh fruit, lettuces, milk, cheese, yogurt/dairy, eggs, paper products, bread, frozen veg., etc.  And sometimes we run out of rice or oatmeal and stuff like that.

• Like 2

I volunteered for nursery at church and to send follow up letters to visitors.

17 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I'm watching Once Upon a Time on Netflix. I had plans to be ambitious, but now I'm just laying on the couch. I think that's maybe the better choice. (In all fairness, I did wash the dishes and do some laundry first.) My house is so quiet! It's almost eerie.

I loved the first season but the rest was butt.

• Like 1

We finally finished school, really late today, and everyone cheered about the hour of free time before track/choir.

How is free time being spent?

• DS12 is writing
  • DD10 and DD9 are fighting over who gets the piano for extra practice
  • DD7 is reading
  • and DS5 dragged his Miquon math and the c-rods over to me and begged to do "just one more page."

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Please speak English for us poor common folk. I can pronounce that, but I have no clue if I just said something great or "green eggs and ham" in another language. 🤣

Pan de Muertos (bread of the dead) or Death Bread as we called it was something La Rojita (the little red lady) used to make on Halloween. I saw it at walmart and said "death bread" and the locals looked at me like I had 4 heads.

• Haha 2

I hated going to the laundry mat.  Only good thing about it was time to sit and read uninterrupted (except by the clothes).

Eating a quick dinner before we head out to 4-H.  Ended up skipping the gym during dd's TKD today because it turned out ds DOESN'T have lace-up sneakers that still fit him (contrary to what he said last week), and I had to finish setting up for an escape room for tonight and I'm still hoarse and feel like I can't breathe so working out is probably not a good idea anyway.

Both kids needed a lot of help with math today.   Not surprised with dd but I was a little surprised at ds.   But as they pointed out, they hadn't done math in almost 2 weeks so they needed to get back into it.  So no more long breaks.  Math every day.

• Like 3

The laundromat isn’t so bad. Most people here are nice though there is the occasional sketchy person. The manager just offered me Halloween candy that she had gotten for 75% off. I didn’t accept (too hard to verify if it is gluten free) but that was really kind of her. The hardest thing here is the cigarette smoke smell which gives me a headache even though no one is actually smoking. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Jeeves! I need help finding Jean's smile! I fear she may have lost it!

Am I lifting your spirit, Jean? If I could make an emoji do cartwheels just to make you smile right now, I would. Broken appliances (especially more than one in a short span of time) are the pits! 

Well, the sketchy guy who is changing his clothes over in the corner is also making me smile while I don’t look in that direction....

• Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

The thing I used to love about going to the laundry mat is that you can do way more laundry in a fraction of the time with multiple washer/dryers. Before children, DH and I had a date at the laundry mat every weekend and when we were done there wasn't a dirty linen or piece of clothing in the house.

This is why I have two washers and two dryers.

Not quite like an entire laundromat but I don't have to drive anywhere either. I count putting in the extra hookups as one of the best decisions I ever made.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

Excuse that last. My phone froze and would not let me delete or type anything. I took a shower today. Does anyone else’s hair fall out a lot in the shower? It sorta freaks me out.

Tons.  Tons and tons and tons.  Between me and dd, our shower gets clogged very quickly.  If I run my hands through my hair, I get handfuls.  

I do have very thick long hair and often will go a couple days never taking it out of a ponytail, so I figure I'm pulling out at least a day or two worth at a time.

I've been raiding the kids candy.  They don't have much that's good though.  I just had a few baby snickers.  They have a ton of plain M&M's because that's all ds will take.  But he doesn't eat them, he'll only eat the mini M&Ms these days.  He's weird.   I think I'm PMS'ing because I've been wanting to eat all the junk lately.  I even had doritoes yesterday and I don't even like doritoes.

• Like 1

Escape room went well but the kids needed more help than I expected.  They were extremely scattered and unorganized.  We did a debrief with a recommendation that they work together and not just run around randomly next time.  We're going to do another one at the December meeting right before the holiday break.  They did enjoy it.

ETA:  Escape the booya!

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 4

We had pulled pork from the crock pot with rice, veggies and gravy for dinner.  There's leftovers so I'm going to try and talk dh into having pulled pork bbq sandwiches one night.

Dd is doing the makeup for her tkd test tomorrow night for her last star and then her black belt test is this Saturday.

• Like 2

Y'all talk too much.

14 hours ago, Slache said:

... I think I might do it today, and see if I want to do Mondays.

Well, this didn't happen.

Points for quoting self.

13 hours ago, Slache said:

I don't have one. I was going to cook quinoa (sorry) in cilantro, saute the chicken in butter and cilantro, add peppers in the end, then add black beans, canned corn, homemade salsa and sour cream.

Wound up with rice. Sauteed purple onion and green bell peppers in butter and garlic, threw in the already cooked, seasoned chicken, added beans and corn, topped with lime juice and spices, cooked the rice with cilantro and lime juice, served over lettuce and tomato.

Points for quoting self.

9 hours ago, Slache said:

Eww!

This was a joke about boys being gross.

Points for quoting self.

#noh

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

Why do you keep apologizing every time you mention quinoa? It tastes awesome! But that's probably because I prepare it in the most unhealthy manner on the planet to make it so flavorful. My family loves when I make it.

And yes, there is an h. I think it just got lost in translation with you speaking all your fancy languages. 😂

Angi hates quinoa.