Menu

What's with the ads?

Good morning. My kids and dh ran the Rock and Roll Marathon in our Big City a couple of years ago. They had fun. They ran the half marathon length though. (There are choices.). 

Rock On and Booyah!

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 5

I'm alive. I'm organizing curriculum finds into a word doc. I'd have shot the cat with a squirt gun if it meowed outside my window at 4:30.

• Like 3

It's the most.wonderful.day of the year!

Today is Take Your Child To Work Day!!

Dh took all 5 of the girls to work with him and I have the day off!!

Shopping!

Sushi!

No Questions!

Peace and Quiet!

Lots! of Exclamation Points!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

27 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

I Survived Six Days of Company. 🌟

You’ve earned a squillion points!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is the thickest chin hair I've ever had! Oh. It's just cheese. Thank goodness.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I'm alive. I'm organizing curriculum finds into a word doc. I'd have shot the cat with a squirt gun if it meowed outside my window at 4:30.

Did you finish downloading all your curriculum downloads from Currclick since they're closing? 

That's just a general question as a reminder to everyone...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Renai said:

Did you finish downloading all your curriculum downloads from Currclick since they're closing? 

That's just a general question as a reminder to everyone...

I always download everything immediately and put it in my drive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I now have every Japanese resource I have ever considered linked in one Google doc. And I emailed WaniKani with some questions. And picked out 3 books for John.

Hopefully I'm done thinking about curriculum for a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have never used Currclick. In fact I am not 100% sure even what it is. I assume it’s some kind of online curriculum resource?  

It's a store that only sells digital curriculum. I don't think I've ever actually used it, but I have bought digital curriculum so maybe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The curriculum providers usually start up their sales in May, right?

i’m so ready to be done with this school year. I want park days and splash pads and exotic libraries fifteen miles away and great piles of brand new curricula arriving in the mail that I can store in my room like a dragon’s hoard...

Edited by Spudater
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have never used Currclick. In fact I am not 100% sure even what it is. I assume it’s some kind of online curriculum resource?  

Same here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spudater said:

The curriculum providers usually start up their sales in May, right?

i’m so ready to be done with this school year. I want park days and splash pads and exotic libraries fifteen miles away and great piles of brand new curricula arriving in the mail that I can store in my room like a dragon’s hoard...

Yay for summer!!

• Like 3

I dusted, vacuumed, dust mopped and now I will finish doing the dishes. Then I need to do that census thing. I swear, they practically threaten you with your life if you don’t turn that thing in. And they don’t give you $10 like they do when you fill out that radio/television viewing log. I loved doing that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Spudater said:

great piles of brand new curricula arriving in the mail that I can store in my room like a dragon’s hoard...

1. I love this. More than life itself.
2. I'm working on my list now. :ph34r:

Edited by Slache
forgot the 2
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Funny of the day.

grammar question: Underline the correct verb in the sentence. The girl (is, are) gone.

DS: it’s “is gone” because “are gone” is an element.

I don’t know if he made that up himself or what, but we all died laughing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

So tired tonight. Day two of waiting to get scheduled for an appointment with the CT scan. I rattled the cage today to no avail. Maybe tomorrow.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Aparently, this is a new NFL Draft "template" they are trying out to use in future years.  Lord willin' and the creek don't rise.

Nevermind that the chicken food thing was made using only a microwave.  Son, you will be CAMPING! Also, the kid who was primarily making the selections from google is not even going on the campout.

Someone from our home town is hoping to make first round.

• Like 4

It's raining!

We had a short rehearsal tonight, just going over the choral pieces.  

Krissi, I got the wedding quartet music tonight and we're playing Annie's Song. :wub:

• Like 3

John gave me the birds and the bees talk today regarding chickens and I just kind of smiled and nodded along. The "white gooey stuff" was definitely my favorite part. He never mentioned how the white gooey stuff got into the chicken even though it came from the rooster that the chicken was married to. I'm curious to see if that was the end of this conversation.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

It's raining!

We had a short rehearsal tonight, just going over the choral pieces.  

Krissi, I got the wedding quartet music tonight and we're playing Annie's Song. :wub:

Annie’s Song. I just get all choked up when I hear that song.💕💕🥰

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!!

I enjoyed my day off yesterday.  :)

Back to testing today...  We might finish today, but I think it's more likely that we will need Monday for the listening tests.

• Like 6

Good morning!  It's Friday!

I have to take ds14 grocery shopping again this morning and do a little work at the church.  Dh took the day off work so he can get some scout things done before the camping trip, though he'll probably nave to work from home quite a bit which is typical when he tries to take a day off.  He and ds leave at 6:00 tonight, I think.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Good morning!  I’m in search of coffee!  (At homeschool convention!)

Why are you having to search for coffee?!?!  They should be handing it out every 5 yards down the hallways like water at a marathon - these are homeschoolers, for heaven's sake!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Friday!!!!

Today is my Dad’s birthday. He is 82. We will be bringing him Taco Bell for lunch.

School today.

Allergy shots for DD1.

That is all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Good morning!  I’m in search of coffee!  (At homeschool convention!)

Why are you having to search for coffee?!?!  They should be handing it out every 5 yards down the hallways like water at a marathon - these are homeschoolers, for heaven's sake!

No kidding. I think you went to the wrong Convention,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I cannot believe we are still on page 3434. This must be some sort of Time Warp page.

• Like 2

How can a person have a serious case of the “I Don’t Wannas” only a half hour after getting up and it’s still completely quiet and there’s COFFEE!!!~D.?? This is the best time of the day.  I think there’s something wrong with me.😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Morning. Still waiting on a phone call.  The side of my neck was a little swollen last night after a long day, but after sleep, everything looks almost normal. Then by afternoon, everything is puffed up again.  In other news, I got a huge file cabinet in which to keep my character work. I'm turning my less than used clothes closet into my writing closet. 

Other than that, writing today, and trying to push myself just a little bit. I want to write a whole four book series in a year. Two books are already done since November of 2018, and my goal is to finish the third book by June, and the last book by August, and have the first book polished and ready to go on submission by November. So a whole series done, and one ready to see publishers inside a year. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Yeah! What's with that?

• Like 2

I need to figure out a transcript and put together grades for this last year. Mostly, we homeschooled with wolves, and it was a fantastic year, with the boys being self-starters in everything, and studying additional things on their own because they had plenty of time to pursue stuff for themselves. But I somehow have to put grades for that...so this weekend, maybe. Pull out everything and decide how I want to document it all for later.

I need to do better this coming year.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I need to figure out a transcript and put together grades for this last year. Mostly, we homeschooled with wolves, and it was a fantastic year, with the boys being self-starters in everything, and studying additional things on their own because they had plenty of time to pursue stuff for themselves. But I somehow have to put grades for that...so this weekend, maybe. Pull out everything and decide how I want to document it all for later.

I need to do better this coming year.

Sounds like you are doing just fine. Your boys are having an amazing learning experience!!!! You need to write a book about it - titled “Homeschooling With the Wolves”.

• Like 2

I can't find my phone. Someone should text me. 

• Sad 1

Or call. My phone is actually on on, not vibrate on...

• Thanks 1