Menu

Ignore this thread!

18 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I’m in central KY. 

According to the internet quizzes, I am supposed to move in with Lynn when we retire. 😄

7 hours ago, Slache said:

Y'all be ruining my eggnog. 

Dh once was in charge of adding rum to the eggnog and it didn’t go well. I think he might have mistaken 1 cup for 1 oz. 🤣

I think it’s Alton Brown’s recipe that we really like. 

11 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

According to the internet quizzes, I am supposed to move in with Lynn when we retire. 😄

Dh once was in charge of adding rum to the eggnog and it didn’t go well. I think he might have mistaken 1 cup for 1 oz. 🤣

I think it’s Alton Brown’s recipe that we really like. 

YAY!!!  Par-tay!  🎉🎉

• Like 2

Coffee in a quiet house. 😊

The girls have a concert so the best we could squeeze in today was Sunday school for them; no church service. Dh took them and will return home in about an hour. 

I need girls’ black tights/stockings. Does the drugstore still sell such things? Target and Afsa are far away. 

Edited by lots of little ducklings
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 10:38 AM, Paradox5 said:

I agree it is time for a geographical roll call.

I’m in Houston, Texas. And you are all from??

Central North Carolina (for 20 years, but I'm a Connecticut Yankee by birth and it seems to be permanently embedded in my constitution. [Get it? 😄])

10 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'M MOVING IN WITH LYNN!

Take a number, darlin'.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Morning, Happy Sunday.   Dh and I both were feeling icky yesterday so we didn't do anything for our Anniversary.   I ran out and picked up food from Applebees for dinner when I had to go take care of the animals at the science center.    We'll go out to dinner next week when we feel better and more able to enjoy it.

Today it's is raining buckets.  It actually woke me up, but not until later in the morning so I still feel like I got a decent amount of sleep and I feel pretty good.  Hopefully the massive amounts of emergen-C, Vitamin D3, Elderberry gummies, and fluids I'm taking will kick this cold fast.   

I have to run out to the AFSA today and possibly a grocery store as well.   Work on classes for tomorrow, plus 4-H Robotics.  I have to do a presentation on record books for the new club.  

• Like 5

Last week of classes coming up for this session.  This was my hardest session - no days off.  Next one goes easier because too much time off.  Most of my students are returning, which is good.  Many of them were new this year.  

And the rain rain rain comes down down down.  But our roof is definitely not leaking anymore so Yippee.

• Like 3

I already said I"m in NJ, but I'm also originally from NJ and have never lived more than 30 miles from where I was born in NJ.  Except 3 semesters of college in Fort Worth, Texas.  And sorry ladies, but I have NOOOOO desire to ever go back to Texas.  

Edited by Where's Toto?
A NJ booya or a no Texas booyah
  • Like 6

I feel better but I do wonder if I may have a fever because I'm sitting here sweating.   Hot flash maybe?  Yuck.

I find it fascinating that about 1/2 of us on this thread are in the hot flash/peri/menopause stage and the other 1/2 are in the pregnant/breastfeeding/newborns stage.  Anyone here not in either of those? Maybe just the - my kids are slightly older but not so old that I'm old yet - stage?   That stage was really short for me since I had the last two in my late late 30's.  

Does any of that make sense?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Poor Lynn - wondering how on earth she got herself into this massive ITT Retirement Home situation!  :laugh:

It's okay - I was just coming to announce that if there's going to be this many of us, we should just go to the island.  I'm a terrible hostess and we're going to need staff.  So, the more the merrier!  (Plus, there's always the cave of isolation for those of us who need it from time to time....)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

I find it fascinating that about 1/2 of us on this thread are in the hot flash/peri/menopause stage and the other 1/2 are in the pregnant/breastfeeding/newborns stage.  Anyone here not in either of those?

👋

One-and-done makes the baby stage shorter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I've decided I don't really need to go out today in the rain.  I can run to the store on my way in tomorrow morning.  

One of the classes I taught this session was Medical/Scientific Terminology.  Basically going over the common roots, prefixes and suffixes and relating them to both science/medical terms and everyday words.   Tomorrow is the last class and we've been doing games at the end of each class to practice the terms and we're doing a huge Jeopardy game tomorrow.  Plus I'm putting together a dictionary of the words we've covered for them to take home.    We did more words than I thought - somewhere around 500.  And I"m having to sort them into categories by meaning.  Finally finished that, now I need to put them into a printable format.    Then the Jeopardy game.   Which I already have set up in Powerpoint so it automatically brings up clues and answers but I have to put in the terms I want to use this time.  and set up double jeopardy and daily doubles.  

Thankfully my other classes tomorrow don't need nearly as much prep. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I feel better but I do wonder if I may have a fever because I'm sitting here sweating.   Hot flash maybe?  Yuck.

I find it fascinating that about 1/2 of us on this thread are in the hot flash/peri/menopause stage and the other 1/2 are in the pregnant/breastfeeding/newborns stage.  Anyone here not in either of those? Maybe just the - my kids are slightly older but not so old that I'm old yet - stage?   That stage was really short for me since I had the last two in my late late 30's.  

Does any of that make sense?

Me.  I’m in the middle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

No posts in 3 hours!?!?!  Where is everybody?  

I was doing class, 4-H and school planning.  Now I'm going to bed.  Good Night.

I was breaking the Sabbath. I have so much work to do and I have no idea how to do any of it. Well, I find out, but it always takes me a million times longer to do anything because I have to learn how to do it.

And the Raiders lost. They were ahead the whole game and lost by 3.😩

• Like 3