• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Ah the good ole days. I crooned that baby at around 9 or 10 years old. And never thought twice about it:-)

A funny aside, during our National History Day class, one of the teenage girls was talking about "history all in one song". Ds11 pipes up with, "We didn't start the fire!" My friend who was teaching the class looked at him in great surprise. Yup, not only does he know of the song, but my guys know pretty much all of the words. I think one of the very conservative moms in the group nearly fell out of her chair. Shocking, I know.

• Like 4

Ugh, percocet and my personality do not get along. LOL. Worst painkiller experience I've ever had. 

Nothing gets along with Crohn's, though. 

Sorry to hear about the dental and back stuff. Those are pretty much the top two on the top ten most suck-filled areas to be experiencing pain. :p

Yeah. They are.

A few things about the hive, aka TWTM forums:

• Most posters seem to lean towards a classical education, but we have all kinds.
  • Political threads are off limits and religious ones don't always go well.
  • You must own the rights to any pictures you post.
  • In order to avoid attracting spammers we tend not to use words like f*ck and p*rn.
  • TeA and teA mean s*x, while bOOks means br*asts.
  • Curriculum abbreviations.

Lost me on that second to last bullet there. Sorry. :-)

Like a lot of communities, this one has some words based on inside jokes.  Only some of us (like *cough* me) remember the actual origins of some of these inside words but they remain as part of WTM board language.  So at some point or another you will see these terms show up and if you don't know what they mean, then you can be embarrassed talking about Earl Grey when everyone is snickering.  

• Like 4

You obviously miss the whole point of blackmail photos.  It's supposed to be unflattering otherwise it wouldn't be useful for me for blackmail!  Duh!  

:lol:

#middleagephotos

#thestruggleisreal

ETA:  Booya(h)

Insert Susan's song, dedicated to my odd father with no house plans.  Also, fuzzy socks.  Because cold.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 3