Menu

Ignore this thread!

9 hours ago, Junie said:

If you sing annoying songs at the DMV, do they push you through faster?

We took all five of our kids, ages 6 and under, including one who was only a few weeks old and needed constant nursing followed by diaper changes.

It didn't work but we sure had a fun four hours trying our best.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Ok. Matt has one more day to sleep in, then he's off to get our new car in the morning.

I am also considering a great purge of 2019, but it would really mostly be a great reorganizing with minimal purging. I wanted to really Konmarie before the move but only got about 1/3 of the way through. I want everything where I want it, any excess gone and simplified storage.

Not tomorrow.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

It DID work at the used car dealership.  They practically paid us to take a van after 6 hours there with aforementioned children.*

:laugh:     That reminds me of the time we were looking for a vehicle for dh.  We needed something that would fit ds's double bass, so we brought the double bass and our four youngest along.  I'm sure we looked like a crazy circus traipsing around that car lot!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Good morning!

Regular Lessons today.  I have a meeting with my health coach this morning and I want to stop by the Home Depot to see if they have what I am looking for to make a birthday gift for dh.  Kids' orchestra tonight.  I'm hoping to make more progress on The Green Ember.  John is waaaaaaay ahead of me.  I'll never ketchup. :biggrin:

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Regular Lessons today.  I have a meeting with my health coach this morning and I want to stop by the Home Depot to see if they have what I am looking for to make a birthday gift for dh.  Kids' orchestra tonight.  I'm hoping to make more progress on The Green Ember.  John is waaaaaaay ahead of me.  I'll never ketchup. :biggrin:

Coffee!

We all loved the Green Ember. That was a good book!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

:laugh:     That reminds me of the time we were looking for a vehicle for dh.  We needed something that would fit ds's double bass, so we brought the double bass and our four youngest along.  I'm sure we looked like a crazy circus traipsing around that car lot!

Yeah. I was always “Forget the other stuff/ just show me the trunk. I want to know if it will fit the animals.”  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I'm wondering if this crud we've had is really a mild flu; I read somewhere once that a significant percentage of "colds" are actually caused by the influenza virus. 

Nobody has been acutely sick like with severe flu, no high fevers or anything, but it is taking an obnoxiously long time to recover from--that is what feels like the flu to me. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I made pancakes for breakfast and feel like I used up all my energy for the day. Except there is an entire day ahead to get through.

I need to go shopping. I had to make pancakes because there was nothing ready to eat for breakfast; we tend to rely heavily on things like bread and cheese and milk and we're out of all of those.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Matt wants to take Barbravan in for a trade right now. We've been talking about it for a few months, but I don't want to do it under these conditions. His license will most likely be here this week which would leave us not too behind. I don't know what the right decision is.

Just now, Slache said:

Matt wants to take Barbravan in for a trade right now. We've been talking about it for a few months, but I don't want to do it under these conditions. His license will most likely be here this week which would leave us not too behind. I don't know what the right decision is.

Could he just go and see what a trade would look like?  Bring the kids and Miami along.  And drippy ice cream cones.  And have a Raffi Sing-along.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Could he just go and see what a trade would look like?  Bring the kids and Miami along.  And drippy ice cream cones.  And have a Raffi Sing-along.

Yes. I'm afraid it's a financially horrendous idea. I don't know though. We'll see. I want to wait for the ID and take the hit of missing a few days, so we're in disagreement.

Part of the reason we're considering a trade is that if we get one with no markings and leather seats he can make more per ride. If we run out and get a new car today I doubt that's what we'll do.

But if we don't get a new car we still have to pay for a rental until we can get Barbravan fixed, and can't work until his ID comes.

I'm going to go see if there's a random $8,000 check in the mail.

• Like 1