• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Hmph.

I went off to my basement+crawlspace active duty, was gone for 30 hours, and no one even checked on me. No tug on the rope; no post; no pm; no text from Tex; no sarcastic holler from Slache. Nada. Nothing. Crickets.

I could've been crushed under the weight of my dh's broken kiln or collection of Apple IIEs. Or attacked by an army of falling baby mice. Or passed out among the carcasses of former house guests. I could've broken my back or been permanently bent at a 90 degree angle for the rest of my pitiful life.

No one would've even known. :crying:

#thestruggleisreal

#needingsomeloveherepeople

#stillhaventfoundthedangdeadmouse

#goingtositonallyall

#exceptjean

#becausebooyah

#etaBOOYAHbaby!

Sassypants!

I'll sit on you right back atchya.

• Like 2

Did you know that the majority of people eat their icecream by slurping it up from their bowl? This is a statistic thrown out by ds#1 who has the most incredibly horrible table manners of anyone I know. Of course he couldn't name anyone who actually eats that way, and is pretty mad that we forced him to use a spoon! Horrible parents that we are, and all!

• Like 6

Me too. I can wash his cooking pots. Is that a job in BBQ competitions? Dh can be a royal taster. You'll probably need a whole lot of elephant ninja tasters. Plus I speak a little German.

Yeah, I think it must be a job.  And they are desperately short on elephant ninja tasters.  I'll sign us all up. 

I've been to few of their competitions. Because brisket. :drool5:  One was called Hog Happenin's.  (It was also a motorcycle event.)  

• Like 5

Dh just  kissed me and sarcastically thanked me for organizing all his worthless electronic junk into ziploc bags when we moved here 10 years ago.  He'd dragged his "electronics" bin out of the crawlspace earlier tonight, and says I must have used at least a box and a half of bags sorting out things like ac adaptors and usb cords.  He says he thinks I'm adorable.   :001_wub:

• Like 5

Hmph.  

I went off to my basement+crawlspace active duty, was gone for 30 hours, and no one even checked on me.  No tug on the rope; no post; no pm; no text from Tex; no sarcastic holler from Slache.  Nada.  Nothing.   Crickets.

I could've been crushed under the weight of my dh's broken kiln or collection of Apple IIEs.  Or attacked by an army of falling baby mice.  Or passed out among the carcasses of former house guests.  I could've broken my back or been permanently bent at a 90 degree angle for the rest of my pitiful life.  

No one would've even known.   :crying:    

#thestruggleisreal

#needingsomeloveherepeople

#stillhaventfoundthedangdeadmouse

#goingtositonallyall

#exceptjean

#becausebooyah

#etaBOOYAHbaby!

This is the best post I've ever read.

• Like 5

#sosad

Sending you some BoSox ice cream.  (Which, in case you are wondering, is vanilla-choco swirl with chunks of fudgy choco cake in it.  And a Boston Red Sox logo on the box.)

I thought this said Botox ice cream, and I was signing up for that.

No one has nominated me for the 2016 Online Conference?   :confused1:

What do you want to teach?  I got your back.

#suckinguptotheduck

• Like 3

What do you want to teach?  I got your back.

#suckinguptotheduck

I haven't fleshed out all the details yet, but the title would be something like "Ignore This Seminar:  Or How to Survive The Year From H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks and And Still Come Out On the Other Side with a Smile (Plus Happy Smart Kids and a Whole Lotta Awesome Sauce WTM Friends Including One Who Just Got Her Masters Degree)"

:001_wub:

• Like 6

I haven't fleshed out all the details yet, but the title would be something like "Ignore This Seminar:  Or How to Survive The Year From H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks and And Still Come Out On the Other Side with a Smile (Plus Happy Smart Kids and a Whole Lotta Awesome Sauce WTM Friends Including One Who Just Got Her Masters Degree)"

:001_wub:

I would pay to hear this!

• Like 3

So, I've started going back to the church I began with years ago when I was pregnant with oldest. It's not a black church. I took my tambourine anyway, cuz, that's the way I roll. Pastor was mad because he couldn't hear me play and threatened to put me with the worship team next week. I said NO.

Anyway, he figured out I was teacher and was asking if I could replace a teacher that just left there little school that helps adults get their diploma. He let me know it's a paid position. I said NO. Talk to me after Nov. 7, said I.

• Like 6

Nope.

Sorry. Also, I like black churches. I've attended two. One for years, one I frequent when I'm camping. I don't have a tambourine though.

Ok, goodnight for realzies.

#thestruggleisreal

I like black churches too. They just don't exist in my neck of the desert. The pastor can run a bass as good as any organist though. I missed this church. I hadn't been to it in over 10 years because it is kinda far. I'd been attending other churches in town. 

• Like 1