Menu

Ignore this thread!

27 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

What?  3 hours?  People are not taking this thread seriously!

The kids' concert went well.  Sister's surgery went well - she'll be in the hospital at least the rest of the week.  I talked to Some People before and after the concert.  Now I must recover.

In other news, I ate a mint leaf.

I was eating. And then cleaning up the kitchen.

Glad concert went well.  Glad surgery went well. Talking with Some People?? Svengo. You need some chocolate and a foot massage, Rocco, hop to!!

I ate a lemon bar. 

maybe two.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

13 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Yes!  We could have a Twinkle jam session! 

Gymnast wants to know what she played in your dream so she can start practicing it. 😂

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

I have to go to work. Who's idea was it for me to get a job? :huh:

I thought you go in tomorrow?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Humph Day!!!

This hormonal thing is making it very difficult to sleep. First i’m Cold. Pull the covers up. Then I’m hot, throw the covers off. Fall asleep. Wake up in a cramped ball because now cold. Pull covers back up. Have crazy dream. Too hot, throw covers off. Have to pee.😩😩😩

Anyhow, today we have School, piano lessons.

There’s supposed to be some monster storm system coming through tonight and tomorrow. Temps are dropping from the high 80’s to the 60’s. Snow levels dropping to the 5,000 foot level. All I can say is, “I will believe it when I see it.” Last week we were supposed to get half an inch of rain and we barely got enough to settle the dust.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

This hormonal thing is making it very difficult to sleep. First i’m Cold. Pull the covers up. Then I’m hot, throw the covers off. Fall asleep. Wake up in a cramped ball because now cold. Pull covers back up. Have crazy dream. Too hot, throw covers off. Have to pee.😩😩😩

Es.Tro.Tone. Seriously. (Helps with some middle-aged pee issues, too. But not infections.) (Oh, and it's "Estrotone, by New Chapter Organics. I was just using my "omigoshtheseessentialoilscureeverything cult-like voice." Except there's no essential oils. Just herbs.)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JoJosMom said:

Es.Tro.Tone. Seriously. (Helps with some middle-aged pee issues, too. But not infections.) (Oh, and it's "Estrotone, by New Chapter Organics. I was just using my "omigoshtheseessentialoilscureeverything cult-like voice." Except there's no essential oils. Just herbs.)

I will try that. I need something. This aging gracefully thing is going to be the death of me. Or, shall I say, “near death of me.” ITT rules and all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I will try that. I need something. This aging gracefully thing is going to be the death of me. Or, shall I say, “near death of me.” ITT rules and all.

Obviously, every person is different, but it's worth a try. It has been a life-saver for me. And when I run out and forget to re-order, boy howdy, do I know it. 😕

• Like 3

Good morning!

It's almost lunch time!  Yikes!  I had dd10 on the calendar to get a check-up at the eye doctor and realized that they never sent a reminder email like they did for all the other kids.  So then I wondered if I had it down right.  Tried to call the office but they didn't open until 8:00 and we had to leave before then to make it on time.  So we left anyway and I called on the way and she had her appointment and her vision and eyes are A-OK.  

Then we went to Aldi.  Got plenty wet from all the rain.  Bought some camping foods along with regular groceries.  Now tired.

Coffee!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Since JJM has gotten all bossy with the Es.Tro.Tone, may I suggest magnesium for the headache sufferers?  Not a quick fix - esp. if there has been a long time deficiency but there has been an established link between headaches and low magnesium. 

I´m pretty sure magnesium is why my headache didn´t escalate as it usually does into a 2-3 day migraine like it usually does. It was a full day long, but it stayed low-key.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. Drinking massive amounts of magnesium (basically twice the  RDA) is helping. Less pain and cramping. Better sleep. Better bloodsugar control. But more running to the bathroom. But that’s ok. 

Yay!!!  Jean, that's great!  

• Like 3

One hour and 15 minutes until the piano recital. He can't play all his music without making mistakes, and I'm not doing anything about it.

Possibly switching to drums next month. I don't have a garage or basement. Won't that be interesting. 🥁

Is it Sunday yet?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

One hour and 15 minutes until the piano recital. He can't play all his music without making mistakes, and I'm not doing anything about it.

Possibly switching to drums next month. I don't have a garage or basement. Won't that be interesting. 🥁

Is it Sunday yet?

Electric drums with headphones.

Yes.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

Is it Sunday yet?

Why confused face?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Is it Sunday yet?

How was the recital?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Yes!  So glad you had the scan!  

Had to jump through all the hoops, but at least that is done. My energy level has just tanked this month. I have just enough left for the day to get the cooking finished, shower, and bed. Then I am out.☹

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Why confused face?

I asked if it was Sunday and you said yes, but I am still over here Wednesdaying.

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

How was the recital?

It was fine. He got to go first. It wasn't flawless, but better than I heard earlier today.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

I asked if it was Sunday and you said yes, but I am still over here Wednesdaying.

It was fine. He got to go first. It wasn't flawless, but better than I heard earlier today.

What is with time slowing down!  Every time I go to mark a day off the calendar, I think surely I will need to mark off 2 or 3 days, but it's only 1. 

Yay for a good recital!  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. Drinking massive amounts of magnesium (basically twice the  RDA) is helping. Less pain and cramping. Better sleep. Better bloodsugar control. But more running to the bathroom. But that’s ok. 

Hm, I wonder if doubling the magnesium I take at bedtime would help my insomnia? A regular dose seemed to be working for awhile but I'm back to waking up at like 2 in the morning and not being able to go back to sleep.

• Like 2

I tried a fertilizer formulated specifically for strawberries this year and it seems to be making a real difference--my strawberry plants are way bigger and with more blooms than usual.

Now if only I can keep the pill bugs from eating them all...

Edited by maize
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, maize said:

I tried a fertilizer formulated specifically for strawberries this year and it seems to be making a real difference--my strawberry plants are way bigger and with more blooms than usual.

Now if only I can keep the pill bugs from eating them all...

Bazooka

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Critter, so glad the test is done!  (((Critter)))

Dd20 is home!  (And there was great rejoicing.)  She survived all her finals and is currently editing an essay that has to be submitted by 6am and then she's done.  I promised everyone we would make bubble tea tomorrow after her dentist appointment.  She is still not eating meat after giving it up for Lent, so I will need to brings couple extra food items for her on the camping trip.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Gymnast had her violin concert tonight. It was great; they played in different groups according to the songs they knew. So, her group was up front because they were the newbies (Pre-Twinkle), and others were lined up behind them. There were a variety of songs played, and if they knew the song, they stayed standing to play along with the piano accompaniment. Everyone else that weren't playing sat in their spot. So, Gymnast played all the Twinkles (of course), which were sprinkled throughout the program amongst all the harder songs. It was interesting. And it didn't give me a headache.

I'll be going out for ice cream with her tomorrow, because dh was grumpy. 

Edited by Renai
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

I love how Suzuki classes incorporate all the levels together - it's so helpful for the younger players to see and hear the more advanced music being played and to feel an important part of the whole group.

Ds14 has his last cello lesson of the semester this morning.  Recital is on Saturday.  There are a couple school lessons being finished up and I have 2 jobs this weekend and then I feel like summer can begin. 

Coffee!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good news. Nothing evil lurking in my chest.

Bad news. Yes. The swellings are indeed lymph node enlargement, which is what we thought. However, because no other lymph nodes (at this time) are enlarged, we are sort of in a holding pattern. There's no obvious reason why my lymph nodes are swollen, but they aren't exactly huge, and no others are enlarged. So, conservative approach at this time. They are setting up a CT scan for six months from now to check everything again. I'm not on for any rechecks, but will be monitoring my lymph nodes and checking any others for swelling, keeping track of what my energy levels are like (not so hot right now), and monitoring my weight (so far I'm still fat and sassy and don't seem to be losing). Anything changes, I'll be in demanding a biopsy. 

And that's General Hospital for today.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Good news. Nothing evil lurking in my chest.

Bad news. Yes. The swellings are indeed lymph node enlargement, which is what we thought. However, because no other lymph nodes (at this time) are enlarged, we are sort of in a holding pattern. There's no obvious reason why my lymph nodes are swollen, but they aren't exactly huge, and no others are enlarged. So, conservative approach at this time. They are setting up a CT scan for six months from now to check everything again. I'm not on for any rechecks, but will be monitoring my lymph nodes and checking any others for swelling, keeping track of what my energy levels are like (not so hot right now), and monitoring my weight (so far I'm still fat and sassy and don't seem to be losing). Anything changes, I'll be in demanding a biopsy. 

And that's General Hospital for today.

Well, ok then. We don’t have answers, but we have a plan and that’s something. I agree with the wait and see and monitor things approach. That’s what we are doing with my “female thing”, too. It sounds like you feel comfortable with that, yes?

• Like 2