• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

So, in the assortment of responses, they have a little trophy thing. And I've always used that as "you get a prize" type of response. I'm using my regular computer now and apparently it's "Thank-you". Why do you give a trophy to someone as a "thank you"? I'm still using it as "you get a prize."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
36 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

A whole hour?  What are you guys doing?  Slash?  Are you packed?  Are the kids still singing?  

Well, I cleaned my kitchen, picked another bouquet of daffodils, scoured Pinterest for more gallery wall ideas. I've had a relatively productive afternoon. I need to make banana bread now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

A whole hour?  What are you guys doing?  Slash?  Are you packed?  Are the kids still singing?  

Ahhhh! Willy nilly-ing! Hi! That's me! No. Yes. I have no idea what the Hades is wrong with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Dd is drawing an octopus for my 94 year old mom. I hope that doesn’t freak her out. 

I hate those things. It is my worst nightmare to be swimming and an octopus wraps it's nasty tentacles around me and it's all slimy with those suckers and that big ol' nasty head with those scary eyes.  Ugh. I hate octopuses.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I called someone and left a message. I have been playing phone tag with this person (business call, not personal) and I realize due to the nature of their job they are rarely in the office. But now.... I really with they would call me back. 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

OK, Ima go now. I probably broke some board rule about too many inane posts all in a row.

But this whole thread...

*shrugs*

We scouted. I unloaded some free samples from DH's work, so that was good.

I need to get so much done tomorrow!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

So, in the assortment of responses, they have a little trophy thing. And I've always used that as "you get a prize" type of response. I'm using my regular computer now and apparently it's "Thank-you". Why do you give a trophy to someone as a "thank you"? I'm still using it as "you get a prize."

I've known and chosen to ignore the ''thanks'' for a while now. In my head, it means, ''you win the internet.''

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Me too.  Or thank you.  Or whatever.  We're flexible and open to interpretation.

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Well, I cleaned my kitchen, picked another bouquet of daffodils, scoured Pinterest for more gallery wall ideas. I've had a relatively productive afternoon. I need to make banana bread now.

🏆

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Ahhhh! Willy nilly-ing! Hi! That's me! No. Yes. I have no idea what the Hades is wrong with them.

Two more sleeps!  Then plenty of time in a car with singing children!

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I made banana bread and now I am working on a flyer-invitation to our Neighbor Party Sunday night.

A real party?  Whew.  You are so brave!

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Junie said:

Kon Mari.

LOL! Please!? The bunk bed is so pissing me off right now!

15 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Slashie...... go pack!!

Ok! I wish I'd thought of that.

13 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

You’ve got plenty of time 

Come. help.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I updated two ages in my signature.  Not sure why they weren't right; their birthdays were in October and December.  

Productivity is a bit low today.  But you say drinking hazelnut coffee counts?  Off to make some decaf.....

This is why my signature has birth years rather than ages; I got tired of updating...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I need to figure out how to make music practice happen around here.

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to put me of all people in charge of executive function for an entire family...

Edited by maize
  • Like 5

Humph day!  Coffee!  Rain, and lots of it!

Yay for saving the bunk bed!  Yay for being ready for pod packing!

Maize - on the music practice issue - is it more difficult for those who homeschool or more for those who go to school?  (You have some of both, right?)  For a long time, I required my youngest to do music practice first, before school work.  Now, I let her choose when she does it.  For the three who take lessons, "practice" is a block in their school planner.  I don't know if that's helpful.  Or if you were feeling more JAWM.  I have ok-ish EF skills (okay, I struggle a bit with task initiation, lol), but I totally feel the lack when it comes to making up for everyone else's, lol.  

• Like 7

Good morning!

A Very Loud and Bright Thunderstorm woke everyone up this morning.  Too early.  The creek out back is almost up to it's lower bank.  I have to go check the park across the street.  If it's a lake, we're in trouble.

I need to make two phone calls.  I'm taking dd16 to the Big City this morning to see The Crucible.

Maize, as Lynn used to say, it's hard being the frontal lobe for the entire family.

Coffee!

• Like 6