Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm in the process of ordering some black ballet flats.  The first pair I had to return to zappos because they were too short.  I don't really like ordering shoes online -- I much prefer to try them on first -- but since stores don't carry my size I don't have a lot of options.

Apparently I'm more vain than I would have imagined or this wouldn't bother me so much.  😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Junie said:

I'm in the process of ordering some black ballet flats.  The first pair I had to return to zappos because they were too short.  I don't really like ordering shoes online -- I much prefer to try them on first -- but since stores don't carry my size I don't have a lot of options.

Apparently I'm more vain than I would have imagined or this wouldn't bother me so much.  😉

In my devotions, I am currently reading through Exodus.

I just read Exodus 28, which is a description of the priestly garments that were to be made for Aaron and his sons.

I no longer feel so vain about wanting pretty shoes.  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have perfect feet. Functional, strong, cute. I'm very lucky. Perfect feet, an intestinal system blessed by the gods and low maintenance hair, which is good because I don't maintain things. Every other body part and system is shot. Hey! I'm cute from head to toe! Don't look at the "from" part though.

We skipped the expo yesterday because we wanted to work on the house, so today we snake. He originally wanted a leopard gecko but they're very spazzy. If he falls in love with a leo or cresty then we'll bring that home instead.

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Sorry about the insomnia, Slache.  Do you think your brain is stuck on overdrive?

No, I've been off Whole30 too long. Back tomorrow. Whole30/keto and IF starts next week with a fitness routine. I need all my fings back in place for proper sleepage.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Have you ever read Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog)?  One of the early chapters is a very funny description of hanging pictures on the wall.  I love that book!

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I just ordered it. I need a funny book to read.

Lately I have been really attracted to books with clever titles. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!!

Tonight we are hosting the Neighbor Party from our old neighborhood. I am not stressed. It’s generally a potluck. Some people went strictly potluck and everyone could just bring what they wanted. I am not that brave. I stuck a huge pork shoulder in the crock pot and we will have pulled pork sandwiches and I told everyone to bring either a side or a dessert. I’m kind of controlling that way. And we’ll have lemonade to drink. I still have a ton of lemons on my tree.

I slept terribly last night. My Anxiety Closet (think Bloom County, anyone??.....anyone??) blew wide open at 4:09am.  I did manage to drift back to sleep after an hour.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Sorry about the insomnia, Slache.  Do you think your brain is stuck on overdrive?

Jean, did you have any reactions from your Japanese dinner the other night?

I just heard ds23 leave for the church to get the sound system set up.  I have nursery today during Sunday School.  Otherwise it's a free day to try another wedding song arrangement.  Tonight we're having pizza and movie night.

Coffee!

No reactions. But I was super careful. 

• Like 4

Very bad night. Took all the extra meds and it wasn’t enough. It was because of walking the 5k. I feel like giving up and going back to being a semi invalid. I push myself and it leads to extra pain and no weight loss. (Don’t mind me - I am just discouraged. ). 

I wish that I had a cook/nutritionist who would make eating “clean “ easy. And I wish that I had a physical trainer. And I wish that I had a vat of pudding to sleep in. (But not to eat cuz that would be unhygienic. )

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Morning (for another 15 minutes).

Woke up at 2am with a bloody nose and couldn't get back to sleep.  Dh is on my computer trying to finalize my quickbooks so we can finally send them to the accountant so I'm on his computer and can't work on my classes or any of the other things on my to-do list that I need files on my computer for.   Not that I feel like doing any of it.  I'm tired, have a low grade headache, and just feel icky.

We're supposed to get a ton of snow tonight.  Somewhere between 6 and 12 inches (depending on who you ask) so I'm not sure if I'll even have classes tomorrow.  Snow is supposed to stop early in the morning, or at least the worst of it is predicted for 11pm to 5am, so we could just get delays, which means I'm on as usual since I don't start until 10am. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Very bad night. Took all the extra meds and it wasn’t enough. It was because of walking the 5k. I feel like giving up and going back to being a semi invalid. I push myself and it leads to extra pain and no weight loss. (Don’t mind me - I am just discouraged. ). 

I wish that I had a cook/nutritionist who would make eating “clean “ easy. And I wish that I had a physical trainer. And I wish that I had a vat of pudding to sleep in. (But not to eat cuz that would be unhygienic. )

I am so sorry, it is so hard when your own body seems to be fighting your efforts to be healthy 😞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We churched.

And lunched.

Now I will relax a bit and then get ready for the neighbor party. The house actually looks pretty good and the people coming are wonderful, casual, non-judgemental people, so I’m not worried about what people will think. The pulled pork is in the crock pot and has been all morning and smells delicious.

• Like 5

I'm sitting at my desk with a heat pack on my bad shoulder and a cup of hot chocolate to cry into. I tallied up my additions to my manuscript after adding back information that was needed. I hoped, with gritted teeth, I'd end up with around 150K. That would be bad, but hey, I can get that to 125K by cutting adjectives, you know? 

It was 163K. Imma go die now. 

Between breaking a picture today and cutting myself on the glass, and totally doing something awful to my left shoulder yesterday when I ran into DH's truck mirror, and the word count issues, I'm just low and weepy. 

The good news: my closet looks good. I don't have a pack of killer rats. Or even dead ones. I found the perfect frame for one of my favorite drawings, and now I'm motivated to finish. I don't think my shoulder is dislocated, just really badly rocked. I did something weird to it, because it hurts way more than the bruise should account for, so much that it woke me up every time I rolled over on my back last night. But I can use it. So there's that.

Imma go see some baby chickens now. That will soothe me.

• Sad 5

20 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

And ponies for everyone!

19 hours ago, Slache said:

I don't want a pony!

Also team #nopony. Somebody else can have mine.

19 hours ago, Junie said:

Whine-po:  (Not wine-po -- I don't drink.)

I want to buy new shoes, but my feet are impossible.

I wear an 8 1/2 extra wide. 

This exactly. Any occasion for which New Balance sneakers would be inappropriate makes me go ?!?!?!?!?!?!? I did find a pair of tall black boots at a wide-shoe store, but we don't get a lot of weather for which they are suitable (which would be cold and dry).

Family came to visit today. ❤️

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I'm sitting at my desk with a heat pack on my bad shoulder and a cup of hot chocolate to cry into. I tallied up my additions to my manuscript after adding back information that was needed. I hoped, with gritted teeth, I'd end up with around 150K. That would be bad, but hey, I can get that to 125K by cutting adjectives, you know? 

It was 163K. Imma go die now. 

Between breaking a picture today and cutting myself on the glass, and totally doing something awful to my left shoulder yesterday when I ran into DH's truck mirror, and the word count issues, I'm just low and weepy. 

The good news: my closet looks good. I don't have a pack of killer rats. Or even dead ones. I found the perfect frame for one of my favorite drawings, and now I'm motivated to finish. I don't think my shoulder is dislocated, just really badly rocked. I did something weird to it, because it hurts way more than the bruise should account for, so much that it woke me up every time I rolled over on my back last night. But I can use it. So there's that.

Imma go see some baby chickens now. That will soothe me.

Critter-  please go to a doctor. 

• Like 1

The family left for church while I was napping.  I'm still limping quite heavily, but it's a bit better than it was.  I actually took 2 steps outside of my bedroom a few minutes ago.

In other news:  my dad is home from the hospital (again); dh's blood pressure medicine has been recalled; and dd16 bought a birthday gift for a friend with her own money.

• Like 6

Ok. I'm done. We have gentle unpacking and organizing but I never have to leave the apartment again. I'm even getting a nice mattress and we have a 24 hour gym so I have no reason to.

We couldn't get a good Jacky pic because she was scared and just wanted to be put in her new home.

WARNING! SNAKE PICTURE!

20190303_160117.jpg

• Like 5

I have waved the white flag. I did one straight hour of hard (for me) yard work. We are cutting up the small tree/ large shrub that fell down in the snow. I filled up our very nice neighbor’s yard waste bin that she offered in addition to our own. Dd and dh are still working on filling our bin. Dh is doing the hard work of cutting up the tree. 

I also have cleaned the cat’s bathroom. And gotten all the garbage and recycling out to the curb. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

The baby chickies were adorable. Jacky would probably like one. I think we will get eight in about three weeks. I want to be home all the time when we have chicks so they get constant care and the temperature stays appropriate for them.  We only have five hens and the rooster, and three of those hens are aged hens. I'm pretty sure Rooster-zilla would like additions to his flock when the new girls are old enough.

ETA: It's a chickie-chickie-Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

When the family got back from church, dh informed me that both headlights (low beams) on the van are burnt out.  No wonder I had to drive home with the high beams on Friday night.  I just thought that the cloud cover was making the night appear darker.

Also, the circumference of my left foot is 1 cm larger than my right.  It's not a huge difference, but the swelling is visible.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

It's snowing.  And sticking.  Prolly an inch or more.  

We were hoping for some of that snow.  Not a flake here.  This will be the first winter that I can remember not getting at least one decent snow.  Decent = at least a half inch.  Enough to sled down the big hill at the park.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Local UMS updated their site for next year's schedule. There's one conflict, so 13yo ds might have to take biology instead of physical. I'll keep you posted.  😜

(Ed po warning). 

Points!  Ed Po Warning!

So, the decision is to take physical at home (probably Derek Owens) instead of biology at UMS since it's at the end of the day and he would have to stay and have a study hall, etc - long day.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We were hoping for some of that snow.  Not a flake here.  This will be the first winter that I can remember not getting at least one decent snow.  Decent = at least a half inch.  Enough to sled down the big hill at the park.

We've had snow falling, but no accumulation this year, either. 

• Like 2

We've had some snow but a lot more ice.   Our last few storms were sleet and freezing rain that made a real mess of the roads.

It's coming down pretty good here.  I think we're supposed to get about 6 inches, but the worst is supposed to be over by midnight with it ending completely by 5am.  Right now all the schools are still going with delayed openings but a lot of people think they may end up closing.  We have a lot of hills around here so it's dangerous for the buses if the roads aren't clear.

• Like 3

Our barometer read 30.1 this morning and is now at 29.6  It doesn't look like much of a drop, but it sure feels like it.

I'm still debating on taking a shower.  The hot water will feel good!  I (almost) always feel better after a long, hot shower!  but, I'll have to stand!

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Junie said:

Our barometer read 30.1 this morning and is now at 29.6  It doesn't look like much of a drop, but it sure feels like it.

I'm still debating on taking a shower.  The hot water will feel good!  I (almost) always feel better after a long, hot shower!  but, I'll have to stand!

I showereded and I didn't fall.  :)  And I feel a little bit better.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

Let's get this week started -- and hopefully I'll be able to walk for most of it!

I'm still a bit gimpy, but I am able to put my left foot flat on the floor (instead of using the side or toes only).

• Like 5

Morning.  Classes are cancelled today.  We have a weird mix of school closings and delays, but the town my science center is in closed.  Partially due to power outages evidently.  I feel like we could have opened today, but I have to have a policy and make a decision somehow so I went ahead and closed.  (my policy is if the town I'm in closes, I close).   Nobody seems too upset and I have a make-up week built in at the end.  So far we are using the make-up for Monday and Tuesday classes.   I hope that ends up being it.

I think I'm going back to bed.  

• Like 6

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I feel like my brain needs the week off, but we will slog on.  It's the extra things being added - Children's Choir (church) and the wedding Saturday.  Today's schedule will make lessons hit-or-miss due to dd12's ortho appointment and early instrument lessons.  Children's choir and Scouts after that. 

Very Cold for the next couple days.  Spring weather comes next week.  

Coffee!

• Like 2