Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 minute ago, Ellie said:

I love my front loader. FYI.

I have a front loader, too. It’s an LG and I have to say I have been impressed by my LG larger appliances. I am neither here nor there as to where the door is on my washer, but I do like the fact that my front loader does not have an agitator. It is so much more gentle on the clothes.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Ellie said:

Back in the 70s, a friend used to sing for weddings, and one of the brides wanted her to sing "Ben." Do any of y'all remember that movie? It was about a rat. Named Ben. It's a pretty song, but it's a guy singing about his rat named Ben.

My friend refused to do it.

“Ben” was about a Rat?? I remember that song in one of my piano books when I was a kid. I loved that song.

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Today's agenda includes heading to Petco to pick up a new tank for our red eared slider, then to Home Depot for sand for the bottom of his new tank.  We ordered a new filter and a tank top basking platform from Amazon.     His current basking platform is too small and his tank is too small for a bigger one so hopefully he'll like all this.  

Then, laundry (of course, always with the laundry), working on classes, checking school (although we were a little off this week because of not feeling well), preparing next week's school, maybe cleaning the bathroom.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Dh and I went to the new Japanese restaurant in town. I was able to have salmon with a side of gluten free soy sauce. I couldn’t risk the miso soup or the miso salad dressing though so that sucked. I was worried about the green tea because I could smell roasted grain in it but they assured me that it was roasted rice. I really miss being able to order anything off the menu. 

Jean said sucked. My world has been rocked nearly off its foundations. 😳

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Who knew the 80s/90s would be the Golden Age of washers and dryers.      

It's all the water restrictions that are now mandated. Don't ever get Nana started on this topic; it gets ugly. (I'm with Krissi on this, though. My LG washer/dryer have been great.)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Start out with the cellist clapping and violin 1 playing the tune.  Then add violin 2 and viola on the harmony.  Then have the viola take over the clapping while the cello picks uo the the bass line.  Violin 2 continues on background stuff and harmony while violin 1 sticks to the main tune.  It won't be fabulous, but it will have the basics.  There's a possible alternative song that I will look into, because this one would take us a good bit of unavailable practice time together because...

...we are definitely not qualified to play bluegrass. :laugh:

The quartet leader is getting all communication through the wedding DJ, and I am thinking the DJ should just play it.  Problem solved. 🏆

Yes.  DJ should play it at reception. Problem solved. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Jean said sucked. My world has been rocked nearly off its foundations. 😳

It's all the water restrictions that are now mandated. Don't ever get Nana started on this topic; it gets ugly. (I'm with Krissi on this, though. My LG washer/dryer have been great.)

Yes. The water restrictions suck. 

#isaidsuck

#badasjean

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Susan-  I have felt better and have slept better since stopping the bone broth. 

I should drink bone broth tonight to see if it is a coincidence. 

Paradox - it was you who asked about the washer and dryer right?  I LOVE my Speedqueen washing machine. Good old fashioned mechanical parts - a good workhorse that gets clothes so much cleaner than “modern “ washers. Any old dryer will do. (Our dryer is a Kenmore). 

• Like 3

My favorite washer/dryer set was a Fisher & Paykel.  Not sure where you can get them.  Huge capacity, fairly simple workings, lower cost.  We still have the dryer (10yrs?) but something happened with the washer.  I think someone put 75 pairs of jeans in it and something broke.  Our current washer is a toploading Whirlpool Cabrio.  It's good.  Also huge capacity.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

An hour?  What are you guys cleaning or something?  😂

J/K.  I'm just goofing off while I eat lunch.  

I was sleeping.

I got up at 7:30 and decided at 10:30 that I needed a nap.  I just woke up, so apparently I did need it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

My favorite washer/dryer set was a Fisher & Paykel.  Not sure where you can get them.  Huge capacity, fairly simple workings, lower cost.  We still have the dryer (10yrs?) but something happened with the washer.  I think someone put 75 pairs of jeans in it and something broke.  Our current washer is a toploading Whirlpool Cabrio.  It's good.  Also huge capacity.

Lowe's used to carry Fisher & Paykel. In fact, F&P used to have a top-loading dryer. How's that for weird? 🙂

• Confused 2

56 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I was cleaning and hanging pictures. 

I survived the great closet purge of 2019. I did not hang the pictures because I was so tired that everything hurt. I went to bed before I died. ITT regs and all. 

No killer rats and only one spider.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

In other news, I want a writing room and art studio. 

1 hour ago, Junie said:

I want a library.

32 minutes ago, Slache said:

I want an art studio.

Both the ITT Island Resort and the ITT Mountain Retreat shall have all of these.

#pointsforsayingshall

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The quartet leader is very pleased with my arrangement of Good Day For Marrying You.  She says I should publish it.  Whew.

I soothed myself after that ordeal by finding and reworking my arrangement of music from The Black Stallion.  Simple but very pretty.  I always loved that Francis Ford Coppola both directed the film and wrote some of the music.

• Like 3

Whine-po:  (Not wine-po -- I don't drink.)

I want to buy new shoes, but my feet are impossible.

I wear an 8 1/2 extra wide.  I was in several stores in the mall last night, tried on probably a dozen or more shoes, and I couldn't get my feet in any of them.  Well, I did find a pair of boots, but I couldn't zip them because my feet are too fat.

Also, I have flat feet.

And arthritis.  Today, I am having difficulty even walking a couple of steps.

Waaaah!

I went to one of the best shoe stores in town last year trying to find new dress shoes.  The saleswoman was almost in tears because there was nothing in the store to fit my feet.  This was a typical experience for me, but a first for her.

And this is why I wear Crocs most of the time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Picture hanging complete. I now have two Pinterest worthy gallery walls. One of wedding pictures (mine and DH and one of my Grandparents and one of my parents, still waiting for one of the in-laws.) That one is in my bedroom. The other one is in the living room and is of family pictures. It turned out good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Picture hanging complete. I now have two Pinterest worthy gallery walls. One of wedding pictures (mine and DH and one of my Grandparents and one of my parents, still waiting for one of the in-laws.) That one is in my bedroom. The other one is in the living room and is of family pictures. It turned out good.

Have you ever read Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog)?  One of the early chapters is a very funny description of hanging pictures on the wall.  I love that book!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Whine-po:  (Not wine-po -- I don't drink.)

I want to buy new shoes, but my feet are impossible.

I wear an 8 1/2 extra wide.  I was in several stores in the mall last night, tried on probably a dozen or more shoes, and I couldn't get my feet in any of them.  Well, I did find a pair of boots, but I couldn't zip them because my feet are too fat.

Also, I have flat feet.

And arthritis.  Today, I am having difficulty even walking a couple of steps.

Waaaah!

I went to one of the best shoe stores in town last year trying to find new dress shoes.  The saleswoman was almost in tears because there was nothing in the store to fit my feet.  This was a typical experience for me, but a first for her.

And this is why I wear Crocs most of the time.

This is why I wear athletic shoes even to church.   And I get the store to order my wide shoes for me. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Have you ever read Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog)?  One of the early chapters is a very funny description of hanging pictures on the wall.  I love that book!

I just ordered it. I need a funny book to read.

• Like 2

Good Morning.  Coffee.  Is it bad that I'm hoping noone will be ready in time for Sunday School?

Yay for Krissi's picture hanging!  Yay for Ikslo's door hanging and ceiling painting!  Yay for Paradox's window shopping!  Yay for closet cleaning!  Boo for insomnia!  Boo for shoe woes!  I vote to forget the dress shoes.  I wore athletic shoes to church last weekend and I think I will again.  It's so dark, who's going to know, lol?  Besides, Paul said to run the race..... lol.  

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Good Morning.  Coffee.  Is it bad that I'm hoping noone will be ready in time for Sunday School?

Yay for Krissi's picture hanging!  Yay for Ikslo's door hanging and ceiling painting!  Yay for Paradox's window shopping!  Yay for closet cleaning!  Boo for insomnia!  Boo for shoe woes!  I vote to forget the dress shoes.  I wore athletic shoes to church last weekend and I think I will again.  It's so dark, who's going to know, lol?  Besides, Paul said to run the race..... lol.  

Ack!  And Susan!  Yay for mad quartet writing skillz!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning!

Sorry about the insomnia, Slache.  Do you think your brain is stuck on overdrive?

Jean, did you have any reactions from your Japanese dinner the other night?

I just heard ds23 leave for the church to get the sound system set up.  I have nursery today during Sunday School.  Otherwise it's a free day to try another wedding song arrangement.  Tonight we're having pizza and movie night.

Coffee!

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I sing in the choir.  Everyone would be able to see my shoes.  I have a pair of black dress shoes that are fairly comfortable, but they're kind of boring.  I have some red shoes that are not really comfortable.  They don't fit as well as I would like.  I want turquoise shoes.  

Today, I am staying home.  My left foot is still really painful.  The only way I can walk is to put my left foot down on the outside edge while leaning pretty heavily on my cane.  Shoes are not likely  to happen at all today.

It's supposed to rain tonight.  That *should* help me feel better.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Junie said:

I sing in the choir.  Everyone would be able to see my shoes.  I have a pair of black dress shoes that are fairly comfortable, but they're kind of boring.  I have some red shoes that are not really comfortable.  They don't fit as well as I would like.  I want turquoise shoes.  

Today, I am staying home.  My left foot is still really painful.  The only way I can walk is to put my left foot down on the outside edge while leaning pretty heavily on my cane.  Shoes are not likely  to happen at all today.

It's supposed to rain tonight.  That *should* help me feel better.

Ah, yes, I remember now that you sing in the choir.  I would wear dress shoes too.  Sorry your left foot is suffering.  Hope the rain brings relief!  

• Like 3

Good morning!

We had a minor emergency last night; ds13 stepped on a pair of scissors that had been left on the floor and in spite of the small size of the wound was bleeding heavily so I had to  take him in to the urgent care (we got there just a couple of minutes before they stopped accepting patients for the day). He got a single stitch and had to skip his basketball game.

I hope his foot isn't too sore today.

Edited by maize
  • Sad 10