Menu

Ignore this thread!

Happy Saturday morning.   I'm finishing up my tea and then tackling a huge to-do list.  Not all of it needs to be done today but some has more priority than others.

Biggest priority - laundry.   We all need clean clothes.  Dh actually did a few loads this past week (which he has done maybe 4 loads our entire 14 year marriage to give you an idea) it was that bad.   Problem is our tub keeps backing up and we're not sure where the blockage is or if its the septic.  I guess we'll find out when that first load drains.   Dh is away so I'm dealing with that myself.

Next priority - dishes.  Won't take long, there aren't that many.

Next - working on my Quickbooks for the science center.  Those need to be done this weekend and we're not even through August yet.

I do have to run by the science center at some point to feed the fishes.

Rest of to-do list:  update my planner with Aprils dates that I just added (I have monthly pages going forward but daily pages only for the current month + two going forward), plan for two tutoring students Monday, post on Facebook about the activities at the science center next week (two workshops, a game day and a MNO), pick up a green screen cloth to fix my green screen, figure out how to wirelessly hook up my computer to the tvs at the science center, clean up my desk area at the science center, clean up my desk area at home, set up school for the kids, work on brochures for parties/private workshops/scout events, work on my schedule for next year (since people start planning now), work on class plans for the rest of this session, find a new activity for the Ky version of the tech tuesday I do since they can't do one of the ones already planned plus set up an Escape room for them, update my website, reorganize my computer files because when I copied them over from my old computer to this new one they got all messed up and I'm having trouble finding things and I'm sure there's a ton of duplication, and do a general clean-up of my house.   Thats all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The agenda:
Train Pastor's wife
Get new tires
Clean car out
Get car cleaned
Pack

2 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Slache- I wouldn't tell Pastor anything, except goodbye and we love you, it's not his business.

He would be really hurt if we didn't tell him.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday!!! Yay!! And it’s Saturday on a three-day weekend, even. Double yay!

Nothing really planned for today. Housework. Afsa.

Jeannie, I saw a picture on FB of the snow up there in your neck of the woods. I think it was a highway or something. Holy cow, girl!!❄️❄️❄️

Slashie, relax. Yes, Disneyland is expensive, and it probably would be wise not to buy something from every single souvenir stand. And you might want to bring snacks in and rent a locker so you only have to buy one meal, since the food is expensive, too. But you can still have a great time (and if you don’t buy souvenirs you don’t have to carry that carp all over the park). Kids need to go to Disneyland. Oh, and make use of the Fast Pass and the Disneyland Ap.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Slashie, relax. Yes, Disneyland is expensive, and it probably would be wise not to buy something from every single souvenir stand. And you might want to bring snacks in and rent a locker so you only have to buy one meal, since the food is expensive, too. But you can still have a great time (and if you don’t buy souvenirs you don’t have to carry that carp all over the park). Kids need to go to Disneyland. Oh, and make use of the Fast Pass and the Disneyland Ap.

Stroller, packed food, one souvenir per kid. I don't know what a fast pass and the app are.

DISNEY BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Slache said:

Stroller, packed food, one souvenir per kid. I don't know what a fast pass and the app are.

DISNEY BOOYA!

The Disneyland Ap is great. We got the free version and made good use of it. It tells you wait times for all the rides, so if all the sudden Pirates of the Caribbean is like 10 minute wait.... run over there. The Fast Pass is good too. You sign up at these little kiosks for a particular ride that generally has a long wait time. Say, Star Tours. And then your Fast Pass is for a certain time. Say, 11:00. So, at 11:00, you go to Star Tours, get in the Fast Pass line, walk right by all the other poor saps waiting in line and get right on the ride. There are rules for that, though. You can only do so many fast passes a day, etc. The problem with using both those things is.... you can spend a lot of time just criss-crossing the park to get from this ride to that, and the park is huge. If you don’t mind waiting in lines (and at this time of year, it might not be bad), it’s a lot less walking to just get in the park and be methodical about it and do all the rides in each section instead of running from New Orleans Square to Tomorrowland, to Adventureland, to Adventureland and back to New Orleans Square because of Fast Passes and wait times and stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Slashie, I don’t know how many days you are spending there, but you have little kids and so this is my overall recommendation....

1) make sure everyone has a good time!! That is the most important thing. It is a HUGE park!! If you concentrate on getting it all in, you will all be tired and miserable. 

2) as I said before, you can let yourself become controlled by the Ap and the Fast Pass. We did last time and were running here and there and everywhere and honestly, we were beat by the end of the day. I kind of wish we had just done Tomorrowland. And then, went to the next Land. But we were running from New Orlean’s Square, fighting the crowds to use our Matter Horn Fast Pass And we got there out of breath and it just got to be no fun anymore.

oh, and one more thing.... the monorail and the train are great ways to get from one part of the park to the other and get a little rest in. By the end of the day, we were taking the train a lot.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Just make sure he doesn’t suggest coming with you!

He did! They're taking a cruise in May though, so limited funds.

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

unless he's willing to foot the rest of the bill.

Um, no. That's not him AT ALL! He's irritated that we're not staying in a nicer hotel, getting park hoppers etc. He's such a pill.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Slache, you still getting married tomorrow?

I don't remember when. I had to shift the dates back to qualify for the discount. But you guys can still come tomorrow for a party. Krissi, did you get your dress?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bedding, curtains, lavender sheets.

Couch, pillows, for the rocking chair.

New hampers, hardware for the broken dresser, a shoe rack for the front closet, small fans for the bedrooms, new kitchen towels, bunk bedding, Mary's hammock, new bath mats and shower curtain. We need new trash cans but I can't find inexpensive ones so we're hitting Wal-Mart. We're getting a more traditional bookcase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I don't remember when. I had to shift the dates back to qualify for the discount. But you guys can still come tomorrow for a party. Krissi, did you get your dress?

I did get it. It’s metallic purple taffeta with a big ol’ hoop skirt and dozens of ruffles. It’s boo-teee-fullll!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today was a total bust as far as the to-do list.  

One load of laundry and things backed up into the tub so no more laundry until the guy comes to fix things tomorrow (pump out).  

I did another month of Quickbooks entries, so there's that.  

I spent way too much time following the thread about whether make-up and hair dye mean you're signaling to the world you are sexual available, and it's destabilizing society when women over 50 do it.   Or women who work.  Or something.  I'm not really sure what the point was now. 

I started reading a book I borrowed from my digital library but I think I want to watch a movie.  I just feel tired and unmotivated to do anything.  Which is not good considering all I have to do.   Maybe I just need more sleep and should go to bed early.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Today was a total bust as far as the to-do list.  

One load of laundry and things backed up into the tub so no more laundry until the guy comes to fix things tomorrow (pump out).  

I did another month of Quickbooks entries, so there's that.  

I spent way too much time following the thread about whether make-up and hair dye mean you're signaling to the world you are sexual available, and it's destabilizing society when women over 50 do it.   Or women who work.  Or something.  I'm not really sure what the point was now. 

I started reading a book I borrowed from my digital library but I think I want to watch a movie.  I just feel tired and unmotivated to do anything.  Which is not good considering all I have to do.   Maybe I just need more sleep and should go to bed early.

Don't swim in the sea!  (Off to find thread so I can read it......). 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I watched Ant-Man.  One of these days I'll watch Ant-Man and the Wasp and Avengers Infinity War since they're on Netflix.    Dh wants to watch Infinity War even though he's not a Marvel fan and just mocked everything when we watched Spiderman Homecoming.  I figured he wouldn't want to watch all the movies to get caught up.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Slache said:

The agenda:
Train Pastor's wife
Get new tires
Clean car out
Get car cleaned
Pack

I did all of this, dyed my hair, took about eight bags to the dumpster, loaded the car up with things for people at church and now I'm about to fold six loads of laundry...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

THAT TOOK AN HOUR! I'm exhausted. I've never gotten over 1,000 steps folding laundry. I usually get like 200.

Tomorrow is church, fellowship, and packing, Monday is kid's dentist, oil change, and packing, Tuesday is final packing day, Wednesday is pods, Thursday we go to my dad's. I'm never moving again. I'm never going to Disneyland again. I'm never doing anything ever again. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Good Sunday Morning!  Several of us have coughing, two of the kids have had fever this weekend.  17yo ds went to the homeschool dance last night and dh chaperoned.  Youngest and I were out of town yesterday for a swim meet.  Moreover, she has an orchestra concert this afternoon.  So, I don't think any of us are making it to church today.  

Coffee is brewing!  

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Sunday!!!👍

Church!!!💕

I am so groggy this morning. I guess I am not breathing right. 

Church this morning!! This afternoon we are going to see a musical production of Beauty and the Beast performed by the Christian school. They have a fabulous performing arts department. We saw Music Man last spring. It was awesome.

• Like 4

Good morning!

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

What is it with the price of trash cans?  

I think it's because I can only find really nice metal trash cans which is not the kind of trash can that I buy.

15 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I dye my hair and wear makeup. 

Hmph!!

Thou art an harlot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

You know, I really have a problem with decorating. I know there’s not hurry to decorate, but I just struggle. I’ve got pictures.... both family picture and paintings, etc. that I need to hang, but I just don’t know where to put them or what looks right. Sigh!!

Go look at Pinterest!!

Ok!!

Susan, I got that book in the mail!! “Unbroken”. Since I try not to read more than two books at the same time, I have to finish one of the ones I am reading now. I’m almost done with “Gay Girl, Good God” be Jackie Perry (great book, recommended by Tim Challies). Ima try to do that this afternoon!!  I’m trying to decide if “Unbroken” will be in the “Over 400 pages” category or “Recommended by a friend.” I’m reading “Up From Slavery” (which I am enjoying more than I thought because it’s old and generally I don’t like old books) for the Biography category.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

You know, I really have a problem with decorating. I know there’s not hurry to decorate, but I just struggle. I’ve got pictures.... both family picture and paintings, etc. that I need to hang, but I just don’t know where to put them or what looks right. Sigh!!

I think really big walls are the worst because even a larger painting looks lost and so how do you break it up or do a grouping or coupling or what.  Don't forget to ask yourself what sparks joy.  😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I received a Facebook message from a man who received my letter to my weird old man friend because he apparently no longer lives there. I am very sad. I'm sending Facebook messages to all 4 people on Facebook that have his name because I'm one of those people.

This Booya is dedicated to Dave.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

Morning!  (for 30 more minutes for me).

I'm just now eating breakfast because I didn't want to be in the middle of eating or drinking my tea when the guy came to fix the septic.  He's been here and is gone and didn't even charge us a Sunday surcharge.   Now I can do the big, huge piles of laundry all over my kitchen (laundry nook is off kitchen).  Doesn't that sound like FUN!

Tomorrow I have two tutoring sessions and someone bringing me a turtle.  I'm glad they are coming tomorrow because I can probably talk dh into coming to help since I'm sure the tank weighs a ton.

• Like 2

Good morning.  Or rather bad morning.  I have already dumped half a jar of apple butter all over my (first) Sunday outfit.  Then I had a lovely very painful esophageal spasm which caused both my puppy and my teenage daughter to hover anxiously while I struggled to breathe and swallow.  But. . . onward and upward.

Side note:  I know that phrase "onward and upward" from CS Lewis, but I notice on the Great British Baking Show that it is a phrase that they use often when they want to move on from a bad experience.  Did CS Lewis coin that phrase and is it now part of British culture?  Or was it a phrase already in use and he just used it in his books? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3