Menu

What's with the ads?

Happy nirthday, Ikslo!

I am tired. I am also sick. I expect to have no voice tomorrow at the rate I am going. Summer colds are the worst. Going to edit in bed with hard copy and then go to bed. Work tomorrow,  but I might nap afterwards. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

10 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Gluten alert!  Gluten alert!  Dh bought sun chips. Dude. Read the labels!

Evacuate and call the fire department! Get events planner out of the house ASAP!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Can I go to bed yet?  I've been up since 5:30 if that counts.

1 hour ago, Slache said:

YES!

Thanks!  I tried, but I couldn't fall asleep.  ??

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

That is really awesome. I can't pick up languages to save my life. It is all just..... nonsense to me. 

Me either!

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Can I go to bed yet?  I've been up since 5:30 if that counts.

Yes. 

2 hours ago, Slache said:

YES!

I concur.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

I spent something like three hours today picking a student planner for my kids.  

I may need help.

I cannot relate to this in any way shape or form and will absolutely not do the exact same thing for my kids in a few years.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I have a burning desire to spend many hours researching home ed stuff. This may or may not have something to do with the fact that I have a major assignment for uni due in tomorrow.

@ Junie I hope your Ms.15 thoroughly enjoyed her camp and is also happy to be home

• Like 6

8 hours ago, mama25angels said:

That sucks!  Would a cup of tea help?

Thanks, but no.  I did finally go around 11:00, so could have been worse.  

7 hours ago, Junie said:

Dd15 is finally home from camp!  I missed my girl.

Yay!  

7 hours ago, LauraBeth475 said:

I spent something like three hours today picking a student planner for my kids.  

I may need help.

That's because you didn't ask us.  We could have told you which planner.  (Then you could have spent 3 hours choosing from our favorites, lol.)

7 hours ago, Slache said:

I cannot relate to this in any way shape or form and will absolutely not do the exact same thing for my kids in a few years.

Just remember to ask us first.

6 hours ago, IsabelC said:

I have a burning desire to spend many hours researching home ed stuff. This may or may not have something to do with the fact that I have a major assignment for uni due in tomorrow.

@ Junie I hope your Ms.15 thoroughly enjoyed her camp and is also happy to be home

There's is definitely a correlation between the need to research home ed materials and the nearness of uni due dates!  (Hope you got it done without much angst afterall!)

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Day 190 steps. 
Day 61 hips

Yay!  ???

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Good morning!

Glad your dd is back, Junie!

Today is Party Day!  Really an open house from 1-4 kind of thing. The kids will play a little party music once in a while. I expect to see relatives and people from my ancient past and people I don’t know at all. But I will survive. ?

COFFEE!!

• Like 8

Ugh, been up since 6:10 again. After going to bed at about 1. Not a big fan of these new meds. On the bright side, I won't have as much jetlag when we go to Europe?

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Saturday!!!!

Hot!!???????????????? We broke the record yesterday. 22 days over 100 degrees. And it’ll be that hot into the foreseeable future.?? I hate summer!!

DH and DS2 went hiking this morning. Some Boy Scout requirement. I guess I’ll do some gardening before it gets too unbearable. I went to The Afsa last night, so I don’t have to do that today.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Glad your dd is back, Junie!

Today is Party Day!  Really an open house from 1-4 kind of thing. The kids will play a little party music once in a while. I expect to see relatives and people from my ancient past and people I don’t know at all. But I will survive. ?

COFFEE!!

That sounds wonderful!!  And yes, you will survive. 

• Like 3

Good morning!  It's Saturday!!  !

I'm picking up oldest dgc from their other grandma this morning, and taking oldest dgd school clothes shopping.  Her 12th birthday is this month, and I wanted her to pick her own clothes this year and go out to eat for her birthday present.   We will pick out clothes for the others while we're out.  Three of them will get haircuts sometime this weekend.  Then they're spending two nights.  Party time!!

• Like 6

There's a marathon in San Antonio sponsored by Krispy Kream. The 5K is called the donut dash. I'm finding it all rather funny.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Slache said:

There's a marathon in San Antonio sponsored by Krispy Kream. The 5K is called the donut dash. I'm finding it all rather funny.

There is a beer dash here. And one with couches along the route and donuts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

There is a beer dash here. And one with couches along the route and donuts. 

This is so weird! Talk about sick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I was wrong. Beat the Blerch (spelling?) has couches and cake and nutella. Not donuts. 

Oh, that's totally different then. I could do that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I was wrong. Beat the Blerch (spelling?) has couches and cake and nutella. Not donuts. 

I like donuts. Glazed, old-fashioned are my favorites.

• Like 4

I pulled some weeds and dead headed some flowers and swept some dirt off my patio. Now, I am having a smoothie for breakfast and will clean my bathroom and my bedroom.  That is all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  It's Saturday!!  !

I'm picking up oldest dgc from their other grandma this morning, and taking oldest dgd school clothes shopping.  Her 12th birthday is this month, and I wanted her to pick her own clothes this year and go out to eat for her birthday present.   We will pick out clothes for the others while we're out.  Three of them will get haircuts sometime this weekend.  Then they're spending two nights.  Party time!!

Sounds like fun!! You’re a cool grandma!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I like donuts. Glazed, old-fashioned are my favorites.

Then come to Texas and run a marathon with me. There will be free donuts at the end.

• Like 3

My oldest two are heavily engaged in some kind of brainstorming conversation - throwing out ideas, considering various consequences, keeping some and tossing others, etc.  I think they're world building together for something.  It reminds me of overhearing them play legos and playmobile about 7 years back.  ❤️  (Don't tell them I said that.) 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

The kids can't stop talking about how excited they are about San Antonio. :wub:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

How are you feeling today, Critter??

I survived work. Now I am home in bed. Editing, but a nap is in the works. 

• Like 6

SIL is on her way over with her big energetic dog.  I'm going to let Juliet and Pete play at the dog boarding place across the street.  Neutral for both (but less for Juliet) and a dog friendly place.   Plus, I'm watching the place right now and was given permission to use it. 

• Like 5

I cleaned, dusted, vacuumed, and mopped. I fed my children and the two neighbor girls lunch. I haz done the things.  Now, I will continue my journey of planning history/writing and literature for DD1. It’s going well. I like doing that sort of thing.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Hot!!???????????????? We broke the record yesterday. 22 days over 100 degrees. And it’ll be that hot into the foreseeable future.?? I hate summer!!

I hate summer, too. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

BESTEST. POTATO. EVAH!

I didn’t choose the spud life...the spud life chose me...?

ha, how are you guys?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I purged my clothes and the girls are stunned at how much I am getting rid of and how much I have left, yet I think I probably could have ditched more if I went strictly by what I love. I still need pantz, though, even if I don't love it. It was kind of hard to decide because the past 18mos have included pregnancy and weird postpartum body changes that are probably still not finalized. So I kept big, medium, and small for me pants just in case I need any of them after weaning which would probably be sometime next year. 

I should have taken a picture before the girls went through and grabbed what they wanted and before I bagged it up. It's kind of shameful how much I had! Good news for the girls is that the 90s are coming back in style! 

"When did you last wear this, Mom?" That'd be about 1998....?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Spudater said:

ha, how are you guys?

Feeling well! You?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Junie said:

John drew that?  He has some amazing talent!

It's from a how to draw cartoons book. He is really great though. Mary is too. I am not.

His proportions are off but he took some cool liberties. I like it.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Slache said:

Feeling well! You?

A little better.  My vit D came back low and I’ve been taking extra and I think it’s helping me sleep better.  I’ve been waking up at 6:45 most mornings instead of 5:00!  It’s been a nice summer with lots of visits to the splash pad and watching old episodes of the GReat British Baking Show.  We made a tiramisu roulade for my birthday.  My in-laws are moving to town, which I think will be good.  I’m looking forward to the free babysitting.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Hallo

57 minutes ago, Slache said:

BESTEST. POTATO. EVAH!

49 minutes ago, Spudater said:

ha, how are you guys?

Spud’s back!! Insert happy dance guy!! Yay!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Hallo

Hi!!!  <insert waving like crazy emo>

50 minutes ago, Spudater said:

ha, how are you guys?

We're missing you!  How are you?

16 minutes ago, Spudater said:

A little better.  My vit D came back low and I’ve been taking extra and I think it’s helping me sleep better.  I’ve been waking up at 6:45 most mornings instead of 5:00!  It’s been a nice summer with lots of visits to the splash pad and watching old episodes of the GReat British Baking Show.  We made a tiramisu roulade for my birthday.  My in-laws are moving to town, which I think will be good.  I’m looking forward to the free babysitting.

Yay!  Glad you've had a restful summer!  And help on the way!  

• Like 2