Menu

Ignore this thread!

Our house used to be littered with good intentions (things to repair, crafts that would be completed)....

Herbal tea has been consumed. Chili is in the instant pot on slow cook for tonight. Kitchen has been cleaned. Schedule has been consulted.  Dishwasher has been unloaded and reloaded, and now it's time to hit the laundry again....

Ds is reading aloud to me from his economics book and I have no idea why.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the prayers.

DD1 got her first allergy injections without a problem.

I dropped off the papers for the homeowner’s insurance. 

I made two more visits with people regarding DS1.  One at the local public high school. I talked to a very nice man who confirmed my ideas that that would not be a good place for him in his current state of being. The other visit was a little more frustrating, but we are working through.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I am admitting it now-- I need to replace my Mac (early 2011 manufacture date). I cannot update it anymore, and it is slowing waayy down. Dh wants to get a fancy shmancy overloaded irritating PC to replace it with. I said no. I will wait until we can buy another Mac for me. I hate pc's.

Son 2 heard back from SCAD asking for a letter explaining his 2 bad grades (1 class he repeated with a different prof and aced. The other will die in infamy) and what he will do different if it happens at SCAD. Umm...repeat the class?? DUH!

I love PCs and have no experience with Macs, but you couldn't pay me enough to use Windows 10. It is truly awful. I think that you should look into what it would mean to get a Windows 10 which might result in wanting to wait until the next Windows which means you may as well wait until you have the money for a Mac.

• Like 1

The MIL thread is stressing me out. MIL planned to do that very thing this year but didn't have the funds and only told us when she knew it wouldn't work out. I nearly died. I love the idea of a standing rule that they have to stay in a hotel because "house guests are disruptive." I think that's gentle but very true.

I've gotten lots of very good things from MIL threads here. It's quite sad to have such a running theme. My MIL doesn't boss my kids around though. She doesn't even force kisses. I'm very grateful because I would not have stood up well for them when they were younger.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Slache said:

Does anyone have experience or opinions on CBD oil? Specifically for mental illness, but also in general.

I have no personal experience with CBD products, but CBD can trigger schizophrenia in people with a genetic predisposition to the disease. This happened to a relative of mine. 

It would not be something I would consider for mental illness.

Another (older) relative used it with her terminal cancer to increase appetite and to help with pain. 

A friend has used a specific oil blend for her epileptic child. 

That’s about all I know. I show my kids the MRIs and studies about how use changes your brain...particularly if you are younger than 25. Unless I had a severe medical need with no other good alternatives, it’s not something I personally would reach for.

• Like 4

I have decided that I'm not going to make my walking goal this year.  My arthritis just won't let me do it.

So I've decided that if I'm going to lose any weight, it's going to be through diet.

I calculated this morning that if I save 105,000 calories I can lose 30 pounds.

:svengo:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Junie said:

I have decided that I'm not going to make my walking goal this year.  My arthritis just won't let me do it.

So I've decided that if I'm going to lose any weight, it's going to be through diet.

I calculated this morning that if I save 105,000 calories I can lose 30 pounds.

:svengo:

Are you picky about where the 30 lbs comes from? I realized that if I cut one leg off I will have lost the last 80 lb.

The more you know...

It's an "Is she joking?" Booya!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

Are you picky about where the 30 lbs comes from? I realized that if I cut one leg off I will have lost the last 80 lb.

The more you know...

It's an "Is she joking?" Booya!

Actually, there are some days when my left leg is rather useless anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I have seen cbd oil studies specifically done for anxiety and they are positive. But bipolar is a different thing and results are very very mixed with some of the bad stuff that Prairie mentioned. One thing is for sure, I would not recommend anyone doing something like that unless they were doing it under a doctor’s supervision. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Slache said:

I love PCs and have no experience with Macs, but you couldn't pay me enough to use Windows 10. It is truly awful. I think that you should look into what it would mean to get a Windows 10 which might result in wanting to wait until the next Windows which means you may as well wait until you have the money for a Mac.

My latest computer I bought one with Windows 7.  It is still possible.  We also had them take out all the crap that they load it with nowadays and do a fresh, clean install.  

Morning!  It's 17 degrees here today which is VERY chilly for us for this time of year.  I can't wait to get to my classroom, it's nice and toasty warm there (a little too warm at times to be honest, even if I turn OFF the heat).   Long day today, three classes, tutoring, tween/teen hangout, my STEM coordinator job.  Then home to collapse about 7:30 pm.

The people running my STEM coordinator job want to have a conference call to go over details for the program getting started in another state.  Problem is these calls usually are a total waste of time, the only place I have a decent signal at my classroom is up front by the windows so I can't clean or prepare for a class while talking, and I lose my signal on my ride from home to class so can't do a call then either.  And I don't want to disrupt my evenings watching tv with family, eating dinner, or preparing classes for a call so I told them 8 to 8:30 am is the only time I can do.  I already told them email or texting is a much better way to communicate.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Lynn, you are giving me a good reminder as to why I ignore my younger kids' requests to do theater.  Dd20 was enough for me.  Maybe when they are old enough to drive themselves.  Or are in college. I'm a bad mom.

I have to make a Christmas trifle for a Christmas dinner tonight and probably will have to take dd9 to the walk-in clinic because it seems she might have another UTI.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Tuesday morning!  I have a headache too and I'm still tired hoping to get a nap today but, probably not.  Regular lessons today and we need to be at the church tonight to set for our Christmas play this weekend.  Hopefully, it won't take too long and I can come home and relax, thank goodness Dh is making dinner, I don't know why I'm so happy about that, it still involves me in some capacity, lol.

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

We’re doing school today!!! I don’t have to run any errands this morning, so that’s good. I can be home and supervise. I’m making a big pot of Senate Bean Soup for us and my in-laws. I will take that up to them tomorrow when the kids have Enrichment Academy. They still don’t know what is wrong with MIL. I also need to make sugar cookies. The high schoolers at church are having a Christmas party tomorrow night and cookie decorating is on the agenda. I had signed up a month ago to make sugar cookies. I am so glad J texted me yesterday with a reminder. I had totally forgotten.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Lynn, you are giving me a good reminder as to why I ignore my younger kids' requests to do theater.  Dd20 was enough for me.  Maybe when they are old enough to drive themselves.  Or are in college. I'm a bad mom.

I have to make a Christmas trifle for a Christmas dinner tonight and probably will have to take dd9 to the walk-in clinic because it seems she might have another UTI.

Coffee!

Dh and I were observing that driving kids to things will get a lot better when 17yo graduates (well, getting his license will help too.....).  And we consoled ourselves that the next two won't do theatre.  And if the last one does, well, she'll be the only one - so easy-peasy.  So, you could always let your youngest one do it, lol. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Paige said:

This is the 2nd snow day in a row for us! Yay! Baby hates the snow. He went outside, looked around, cried, tried to take a step, and literally fell smack on his face. Now he has a road patterned scrape/bump on his forehead.  He prefers the beach!!

Poor baby!!💕

• Like 3

I've put myself in Time Out.  Making that trifle has made me way too cranky.   I hate baking.  Especially in a kitchen that has not yet recovered from the weekend.  Lack of sleep is probably also a major factor.  

There is a leftover baked potato, leftover enchilada casserole, leftover rice, and hardboiled eggs for the kids to fight over for lunch.  Imma go pick up dd9's medicine.

• Like 5

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

The phlebotomist said that I really made him earn his oay this morning. I had warned him. 

Do they have an ultrasound machine on hand for guided lab draws? Dd was that way before she got her port. It's no fun, Jean, sorry.

The best phlebotomist I ever had was a former ambulance EMT. If he could hit a vein on somebody who abused iv drugs on a bumpy road in a vehicle swaying at 50mph, I figured he was at the peak of his craft---the olympic gold medalist of phlebotomists.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1