Menu

Ignore this thread!

The new flooring is all installed. The wallpaper is gone. Next week, workers will paint the toe molding and install it, repair the leaky windows, texture the kitchen (where the wallpaper was removed), repair, float, and texture remaining cracks in the walls, and paint everything. The contractor swears he will have it all done next week. o_0

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  I'm up early considering my first class isn't until 11:30am.  I want to run to the bank before class.

Ds (my obsessive Aspie hypochondriac) has fallen down the D&D rabbit hole.  We've wanted to start a group for years but couldn't find a place to meet but now that I have the science center - success!  I posted about starting in January, have lots of interest, and I bought the Monster Manual, Players Handbook and DM guide.  Plus I have a bunch of books from my brother - a Fiend Folio, some spellbooks, a few campaigns.  Ds has claimed all the books and has been reading them and working on his players AND making up his own monsters.  

I played D&D in high school in the late 80's and a few times here and there since.  I'm looking forward to this.

• Like 7

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩

DD1 has her first allergy shots today. She is not happy about that.

I could really use some prayers. I have mentioned problems we have been having with DS1. They are getting worse. I have phone calls to make and people to try to get some help from. And I don’t even know what to do.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

Morning. I'm supposed to be writing, but the elder bone-cat has decided she needs to be between my arms all day. This whole can't spare a hand for a cat thing is driving her crazy, so I have to pet her with my chin or be bitten. Sprint writing with a buddy this morning a la' NaNo. 

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Junie said:

Also, not one single person asked about whether we're doing homeschool today or not.

What do they think this is?  A snow day?

Call it “Meteorlogical Studies” And have them write a two paragraph essay or a poem about the delights of the white stuff. Have them make their own hot chocolate and you’ve got a cooking lesson for Home Ec.

• Like 5

Or, instead of having dandelion tea, I could switch loads of laundry, put away the paper towels and soap and stuff I bought at Costco this weekend, fold two loads of laundry I forgot about, shave dh's sweater (to get rid of those fuzzballs), and remember that I need to check a few things online....

*the story of every Monday---crisis management*

• Like 7

Good morning all!  I've  been to the optometrist with bigger boy for his bi-annual check up, got dd to her exam in time and mailed a package.  I am currently listening to youngest cry through his math lesson and I've forgotten to pull something out for dinner!  I'm really getting frustrated with my lack of organization.

krissi, praying you get the help you need.

Edited by mama25angels
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Or, instead of having dandelion tea, I could switch loads of laundry, put away the paper towels and soap and stuff I bought at Costco this weekend, fold two loads of laundry I forgot about, shave dh's sweater (to get rid of those fuzzballs), and remember that I need to check a few things online....

*the story of every Monday---crisis management*

Have the tea!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Please don't move the broken scale. 😁

I think maybe he thinks that he's going to fix it? He's really weird about these things. It was like an $8 scale. It would really be okay if I threw it away. I do like the number it gives me. So there is that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Our house used to be littered with good intentions (things to repair, crafts that would be completed)....

Herbal tea has been consumed. Chili is in the instant pot on slow cook for tonight. Kitchen has been cleaned. Schedule has been consulted.  Dishwasher has been unloaded and reloaded, and now it's time to hit the laundry again....

Ds is reading aloud to me from his economics book and I have no idea why.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1