Jump to content

Menu

Recommended Posts

Good morning. I slept in until 7. It's just me and the kids. I work today so I'm not walking them. I might dance. Or strength train. I'll probably just do house work. 

3 hours ago, Paige said:

Michigan is cold. It's really, really, really cold. I like it in the summer, though. My dad took me once in the summer and all these people were swimming in whatever lake we were on and I was wearing long pants, and a jacket because I was freezing.

This is what I keep saying!

34 minutes ago, Junie said:

Oh, and about driving:

I never use a GPS and I never, ever use cruise control.

Me neither.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 193.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Slache

    25124

  • Jean in Newcastle

    17541

  • Susan in TN

    17385

  • KrissiK

    15404

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart

Posted Images

Good morning. 

Dd is wateringf a neighbor’s plants while they are gone. She went over last night to do it and came face to face with a raccoon family. Daddy raccoon placed himself between her and his family and growled if she tried to come closer. This meant that she couldn’t get to the hose. I told her to come home when she texted me about it. I don’t think she would win a fight with a daddy raccoon. Later we both went over to the neighbor’s and the raccoon family had moved on. 

I see a lot of raccoons in our suburban neighborhood while I am on my walks. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. 

Dd is wateringf a neighbor’s plants while they are gone. She went over last night to do it and came face to face with a raccoon family. Daddy raccoon placed himself between her and his family and growled if she tried to come closer. This meant that she couldn’t get to the hose. I told her to come home when she texted me about it. I don’t think she would win a fight with a daddy raccoon. Later we both went over to the neighbor’s and the raccoon family had moved on. 

I see a lot of raccoons in our suburban neighborhood while I am on my walks. 

I really wish the confused smiley was a svengo smiley!  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. 

Dd is wateringf a neighbor’s plants while they are gone. She went over last night to do it and came face to face with a raccoon family. Daddy raccoon placed himself between her and his family and growled if she tried to come closer. This meant that she couldn’t get to the hose. I told her to come home when she texted me about it. I don’t think she would win a fight with a daddy raccoon. Later we both went over to the neighbor’s and the raccoon family had moved on. 

I see a lot of raccoons in our suburban neighborhood while I am on my walks. 

I really wish the confused smiley was a svengo smiley!  

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I hate driving in the Big City. The Big City I generally go to is bad, but not as bad as LA. Last fall our homeschool group went to the Reagan Library in Simi Valley and we drove with a friend of mine in her Taho. Then, she gets a migraine and asks if I can drive the rest of the way there. I swear, I about had a stroke. Driving a car that I am not familiar with (I have a Sienna) in LA. And then I had to drive home. It was awful.

There's a song for that, but I can't convey the tune on here:

I

Hate

Driving in traffic

In an unfamiliar car in the dark.

I

Hate

Driving in traffic

On an unfamiliar road in the dark.

(repeats all the way through the city)

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. 

Dd is wateringf a neighbor’s plants while they are gone. She went over last night to do it and came face to face with a raccoon family. Daddy raccoon placed himself between her and his family and growled if she tried to come closer. This meant that she couldn’t get to the hose. I told her to come home when she texted me about it. I don’t think she would win a fight with a daddy raccoon. Later we both went over to the neighbor’s and the raccoon family had moved on. 

I see a lot of raccoons in our suburban neighborhood while I am on my walks. 

We have all kinds of raccoons in our yard at night. Our stupid cat actually chased one off the other night. At least she thought she did. I think the real reason the raccoon left was that DH and I were standing there yelling at it. The thing was like 3 times or more the size of our cat and she was chasing him around the yard.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning!  Stupid internet went out, I'm so tired of our internet.  Nothing much today, need to get gas and food for remainder of week,got laundry done and boys got their chores done.  My mom had to go to ER again last night, I'm thankful it was only an upset stomach or so they said, the meds they gave her are not working as usual.  I'm frustrated and she's frustrated, we're all anxious because she's constantly sick and losing weight and she's had every test known to man run on her and they can't find anything.  I'm hoping they get it sorted out soon because her quality of life is not very good right now and I'd love for her to get to have some enjoyment.

 

an I'm worried about my mom booya/h

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning!  Stupid internet went out, I'm so tired of our internet.  Nothing much today, need to get gas and food for remainder of week,got laundry done and boys got their chores done.  My mom had to go to ER again last night, I'm thankful it was only an upset stomach or so they said, the meds they gave her are not working as usual.  I'm frustrated and she's frustrated, we're all anxious because she's constantly sick and losing weight and she's had every test known to man run on her and they can't find anything.  I'm hoping they get it sorted out soon because her quality of life is not very good right now and I'd love for her to get to have some enjoyment.

 

an I'm worried about my mom booya/h

I’m sorry, Mama25angels  (do we have a nickname for you?? ). I hope they can find some answers for her.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ellie said:

Not an excuse.

Well, maybe not an excuse, especially if her editor beat her up over it.

Not the editor--actually both editors said my MS was about the cleanest thing they had ever seen. Fellow writer. It's okay--she was reading a new draft of something that didn't work well, and I've already rewritten it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I think she means that editors will have so many revision suggestions that it's not worth worrying about commas until the end when the words and sentences are closer to final form.  So, it's more efficient than artistic.  (Critter, correct me if I'm wrong.)

That's it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have boxes coming either. Maybe in August. Right now I just need to see what I've got and make it work. 

I am back from art. Painted a cheerful sunflower today, but it's all yellow right now, and I will layer and glaze more colors on as it progresses. Patience. I'm so tired I want to go back to bed, but I have a little too much work today to nap. Plus the nap would ruin my bedtime, and I've got an early start tomorrow and a long day.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

Okay, that is also bad.

I know! Pobreme!

2 minutes ago, Paige said:

Eat the cake Krissi. I've heard calories don't count if you cooked it yourself because you expended calories to make it, or something like that.

This must be why I'm so fat!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Dh can drive us all to the city to get the car. Maybe I'll let him sell my car and he can just drive it in and use it as a trade in. He's been wanting to sell my car anyway because it's on its last legs...that is a brilliant idea. I've been stalling on getting myself a new car because I feel badly for putting the poor van off to the lot. It's like taking an animal to the pound- will they squish him because he's old?? And I don't like paying more for things I already have, but I'd almost rather buy a new car than drive in the city. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not at all in the mood to teach this Japanese lesson that's starting in the next 5 minutes. The student is... disagreeable a lot of the time, gets very defensive and tries to blame me for being unclear about the instructions when she hasn't done her homework, and generally makes the hour per day an unpleasant one. Ah well. I got a self-help email in my inbox today that informed me that if I just change the words "have to" to "get to" it will totally change my attitude. I "get to" teach this disagreeable person Japanese ? 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, egao_gakari said:

Not at all in the mood to teach this Japanese lesson that's starting in the next 5 minutes. The student is... disagreeable a lot of the time, gets very defensive and tries to blame me for being unclear about the instructions when she hasn't done her homework, and generally makes the hour per day an unpleasant one. Ah well. I got a self-help email in my inbox today that informed me that if I just change the words "have to" to "get to" it will totally change my attitude. I "get to" teach this disagreeable person Japanese ? 

That is a pretty cool idea!  I hope she's better today so that you won't "get to" smack her during the lesson, only in your head of course!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Paige said:

Eat the cake Krissi. I've heard calories don't count if you cooked it yourself because you expended calories to make it, or something like that.

Yeah, that’s it. And since there are Blueberries in the cake and blueberries have antioxidants, which are very good for you, it cross cancels out the sugar calories.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

Waiting for boxes to come is the worst

 

37 minutes ago, Slache said:

I don't have boxes coming. :sad:

 

32 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

Okay, that is also bad.

 

17 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Yes it is, so is waiting for money.

 

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

That's worse.

Yes.

i have boxes coming!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh!!!!!

Warning! Edpo! 

Double warning!!! Rambling Whiny EdPo!!!

I am just...… blah! We're doing this Enrichment Academy thing with our new Charter School and it's Wednesday mornings.  But I'm trying to figure out when we'll get everything done. And it's not working. I don't even know what they'll be doing at the Enrichment Academy. It just sounded like a good idea and I would like DS2 to be able to get used to being in a classroom situation in case he goes to Christian HS next year. But I don't even know if he'll be going. He struggles so much and he's so behind. But.... around here, there's nothing for homeschooled high-schoolers. They all go to the Christian HS. Sometimes, I really just want to move to the Big City. They have a lot of things for homeschooled high schoolers there and we'd be closer to DH's new job. But, we are finally getting settled into our Church here and our kids would not do well if we changed churches. It took them so long to get adjusted to where we are now.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

(((Krissi)))  It's hard when you're waiting on more information, but you kinda need it now.  I'm hoping the enrichment academy will fulfill a need you have with your ds and that it will give you peace about the direction your heading.  ❤️  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

We have all kinds of raccoons in our yard at night. Our stupid cat actually chased one off the other night. At least she thought she did. I think the real reason the raccoon left was that DH and I were standing there yelling at it. The thing was like 3 times or more the size of our cat and she was chasing him around the yard.

 

Your cat sounds brave!

Are racoons a major pest? I have never seen one of course, but they look sort of cute!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...