Menu

Ignore this thread!

47 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Not equally true for everybody, though. If you're "J Smith," people have to be able to pick out the right one ('Smith, Smith, Smith, oh, yeah, the Smiths live on North Oak St.'); if you're "V Schmarkdovkilis," you're a sitting duck.

I do see your point. Between the city / neighborhood though... Total privacy has never really been a thing aside from people with common names and no living parents in a megopolis 

Travel day 1 observations:

The high desert country in eastern Washington and Oregon is so open I felt like I was going to be picked up by an eagle. 

80 plus miles an hour doesn’t feel fast after awhile. (It is posted as 80 in spots)

it’s amazing to me that I can find good Celiac friendly restaurants even out in the middle of “nowhere “. 

Idaho has a lot of cornfields but I haven’t seen a single potato field. 

Nine hours of driving and I can still function. I really think my hip exercises are helping. 

101 degrees amazingly didn’t feel that hot. 

Being in a single room crammed with three of us in a home where the air bnb owners are actually living is a bit awkward. 

Did you notice that I made my step goal?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Travel day 1 observations:

The high desert country in eastern Washington and Oregon is so open I felt like I was going to be picked up by an eagle. 

80 plus miles an hour doesn’t feel fast after awhile. (It is posted as 80 in spots)

it’s amazing to me that I can find good Celiac friendly restaurants even out in the middle of “nowhere “. 

Idaho has a lot of cornfields but I haven’t seen a single potato field. 

Nine hours of driving and I can still function. I really think my hip exercises are helping. 

101 degrees amazingly didn’t feel that hot. 

Being in a single room crammed with three of us in a home where the air bnb owners are actually living is a bit awkward. 

Did you notice that I made my step goal?

Yay for hip exercises working!

Nice post.

• Like 3

Good Morning!

I was at an outdoor event yesterday and got a pretty bad sunburn.  No blisters, but I am Red.

I keep hearing comments like "Does it hurt?" and "Oh, you poor girl."

It hurts some, but it's no worse than the pain I already have every day.

Shrug.  I had a really good time.

• Like 7

Susan, We can dance if we want to....  ?  (truthfully, I cannot dance, but it's fun to watch!)

Junie, sorry about the sunburn.  Do you have aloe?

Jean - yay for steps!  You're amazing!  

Duck - is the poison ivy getting better?  I would be such a baby if I had it.

m25a - I don't suffer from insomnia, but I do sometimes suffer from other people's snoring.  

It's coffee time!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am operating on not enough sleep. I had actually fallen asleep despite not having the most comfortable bed in a too hot room but dd woke me up at 4 am with a migraine. I cobbled together enough low-dose aspirin to get her asleep but wasn’t able to go back to sleep myself. 

Be careful today!  ❤️

• Like 4

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I can’t.?????????

Yes you can!  If you can walk and hold hands, you can do it.

9 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

So *that's* what dd9 is doing all the time!  

8 hours ago, Tsuga said:

I can do the backstroke. It is a swim-team-inspired dance move I made up to evening jazz on NPR. Coolest mom ever, I know.

I'd love to see that!

7 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I can too.

Do you also contra dance?

I have done some on occasion.  Usually when I have done things like this, they call it English Country Dancing, but I think it's pretty similar.  There is a contra dance being held in the area next week and I'm going to try to convince dh and ds23 and dd20 to go to it with me.

• Like 3

Good morning.  I need Willy Nilly.

Dd11 has an ortho consult this morning and I have a tutorial parent meeting tonight.  Otherwise I need to do cleaning and organizing and planing.  The kids have to do math and instrument practice and we'll have history and story time today.

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

GardenPo!

I have actual baby peppers on my lunchbox sweet pepper plant!  Also, the tomato blossom end-rot has not been an issue since I tried Critter's Tums remedy.  The lack of water while we were gone made my tomatoes very unhappy and I pruned off many dead-leaf branches, but there are still fruits ripening.  

• Like 5

9 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

(try Prempro... a lifesaver for me!)

51 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Sorry, Jean!

Mama25angels, most of us here have insomnia sometimes, and we share it with each other.  It's, at times, one of the ITT communicable illnesses.

I'll say it again, the beat cure I found for hot flashes and insomnia was yam cream/progesterone cream.

Well, July was one year for me since my last cycle, so I guess I am officially out of peri- and into meno- so I thought the hot flashes would go away. I should really read up on the subject, but I just don’t feel like it.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I have done some on occasion.  Usually when I have done things like this, they call it English Country Dancing, but I think it's pretty similar.  There is a contra dance being held in the area next week and I'm going to try to convince dh and ds23 and dd20 to go to it with me.

Contra dancing is easier to find here. I actually like English Country dancing a bit more.  I wish dh enjoyed it, but he doesn't. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I can too.

Do you also contra dance?

I did contra dancing 25 years ago when I did volunteer-work in Kentucky. That was a lot of fun. The club we visited was incredibly kind. I am so incredibly un-coordinated.

Here’s an embarrassing secret, I only share with my ITT friends. So, yesterday at VBS we were doing the songs and I was attempting to do the motions.  One of the other leaders was watching me and said, “oh, i’ll Bet you guys had different motions when you did these songs at your church,” and I just nodded my head, as if that was the real reason I looked like a wounded duck paddling upstream. The reality is, I can’t do motions. They totally confuse me, and I have no innate rhythm or grace. My body doesn’t “flow with the music”. 

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

I had to go off all of my meds this week, including my RA ones, so my insomnia is brought on by pain.  I don't sleep as deeply when I hurt, so I woke at 3 when dd crawled into bed with us, and gave up at 4 when dh briefly got up (and was snoring 10 minutes later).  I tidied a bit in the school room, booted laundry and dishes, and have two loaves of banana bread finishing up in the oven, though, so it hasn't been a total loss.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Nuts - have to start practicing orchestra music.  For some reason, our orchestra director thought it would be a good idea to play Berstein's Overture to Candide on our first concert with only 3 rehearsals.  Svengo.

(Did you see the beardie trumpet guy? ?)

I will have to watch later. Everyone is asleep and I don’t have ear buds, I love Leonard B.

• Like 3

Yawn. Today has been a slow one so far. I am becoming a champion couchsleeper thanks to DH's rib situation. I took a mini-nap earlier but then Productivity Guilt kicked in and woke me up after about 25 minutes. So I coffeed and cooked lunch.

DS is helping DH mow lawns again today. DD has a friend over. I am teaching 2pm-6pm, then women's bible study. We are talking second half of Colossians 3. Should be... interesting! ? 

• Like 4

I am back from painting sunflowers. We stopped by the library on the way home. I picked up cook books because Susan's meal plan inspired me. I'm not ready to cook yet, but I'm ready to think about cooking. It's August, and that means my summer depression will soon be on the wane. Light already looks different in the mornings. 

• Like 7