• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Junie said:

I just went to the search bar and typed in thyroid.  They were on the first or second page of results.

I thought we couldn't do that yet. :leaving:

32 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

??? Happy Birthday, Alex! ???

The first ITT baby.  :wub:

*That's* what's wrong with him!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I have no children. I have managed to water the garden, critique a chapter for a friend in great detail, ate a bowl of popcorn without having to share, done all the laundry and now I'm editing and singing along to the music in my ears without being told "You're making too much noise, Mom!"

I miss my kids. But I'll survive.:biggrin:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
On 6/10/2018 at 2:47 PM, whitehawk said:

[Picture waving smiley guy here.] Hi, ITT.

While he's gone during the week, I need to try out vegetable broth recipes to finally find a good one; mend three items; buy one thing at the mall; make four medical appointments, two of which will need to be during one specific week in August; hopefully schedule playdates with some public- and charter-school friends who will now be free on weekdays; clean the house; buy groceries; bake stuff to put in his lunch box the remaining days and put extras in the freezer; take care of church emails; get to the library and pet supply store; get the laundry and stuff done as usual; and get Father's Day gifts for DH and my dad. And post all my cookie cutters on my free stuff group. And ideally do some yard work. And read something. Oh, and buy festival tickets! But not.drink.coffee.

Okay, I'll get started. We like Terra Chips, so I'm going to try to make some beet and sweet potato chips. And I'll take a picture of the cookie cutters.

Done: mall, cookie cutters, plus a haircut, mending 2 items, veggie broth, baking, one playdate, 2 appointments.

How can Awix be two?? He was just recently going to be Hannah and/or Anna! Wasn't that, like, last month??

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning.  Dh is working from home today.  I don't know why that makes me feel a bit inhibited.  It's not like I throw wild pantzless parties while he's gone!  And he's down in his dungeon office so I'm not even tripping over him. 

I feel the same way when DH is home. Like he's watching me and judging every little thing I do. He's not. 

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm tired.  I want the neighbor kids to go away, but unfortunately the adults who are supposed to be home are over an hour late.  I am making my kids practice their instruments anyway.  I need chocolate!

Make the neighbor kids practice too or clean! 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning.  Dh is working from home today.  I don't know why that makes me feel a bit inhibited.  It's not like I throw wild pantzless parties while he's gone!  And he's down in his dungeon office so I'm not even tripping over him. 

You don’t throw wild pantzless parties?? Why not?? It’s time you start.

• Haha 5
10 minutes ago, Ellie said:

I dusted all the things; vacuumed all the things; washed and dried all the things; cleaned both bathroom things; took a nap; getting ready to iron the things.

Go me.

Ellie has done all the things. 

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, lanalouwho said:

I want brownies

We're making some tonight for the birthday dinner.

20 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

One of my mom's friends, who had been our neighbor at one point, invited us to their new place in the country after they moved.  I think we went out there for supper and visiting.   Before we left, that lady started running back and forth through the house (which was a mobile home, so straight shot all the way through) pantzless.  

And shirtless.  And braless.  And underwearless.  

In front of husbands, kids, pets, and all.

This is me before kids. I don't like clothes. I'm fairly certain the neighbors never saw me, though I would sneak out and get the mail or rotate laundry if no one was home. I was thin at the time.

I have barely gotten out of bed since I walked the kids on Monday. I am exhausted. Truly exhausted. It's gotten really bad the last few weeks. I can see it in my step count and housework. All school has been from bed for weeks. Any suggestions? 

It's taking me about an hour to fall asleep so I'll take suggestions for that too. Not melatonin. 

• Sad 4
9 minutes ago, Slache said:

I have barely gotten out of bed since I walked the kids on Monday. I am exhausted. Truly exhausted. It's gotten really bad the last few weeks. I can see it in my step count and housework. All school has been from bed for weeks. Any suggestions? 

It's taking me about an hour to fall asleep so I'll take suggestions for that too. Not melatonin. 

((((Slache))))

How's the thyroid thing going? Exhaustion is a symptom of hypothyroid, and, curiously, also of poor sleep.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ellie said:

((((Slache))))

How's the thyroid thing going? Exhaustion is a symptom of hypothyroid, and, curiously, also of poor sleep.

I don't know. The doctor says there is no reason to do more testing. The exhaustion always comes before the not sleeping. I think the not sleeping is just a normal response to bot being active enough.

• Sad 1
41 minutes ago, Slache said:

I take "Sleep and Relax" an herbal supplement by Gaia herbs a couple hours before I go to bed and I also drink a cup of Sleepytime Extra tea. It helps me and doesn't make me groggy in the morning.

And this is a "Getting Enough Sleep" Booya/h!

• Like 2

I'm just frustrated. And this is more of a JAWM post than an "I'm looking for advice" post. I'm trying to figure out next year. We joined this charter school.... for many reasons, but we can't use Christian curriculum and that's all we've been using.  There are ways to get around some things, but I don't want to spend my life trying to get around things. KWIM? So, I'm looking at literature guides since we won't be using CLE Reading program, and I need to find a science program for my two oldest. We've all been doing Apologia together and that's been working well, but I do think my two oldest are needing something a little more age appropriate..... anyhow. As I said, I'm not looking for advice. I just want to gripe.

Back to your regularly scheduled Wednesday afternoon!

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, Slache said:

I don't know. The doctor says there is no reason to do more testing. The exhaustion always comes before the not sleeping. I think the not sleeping is just a normal response to bot being active enough.

My dear, it may be time to find another doctor. Seems to me your lab numbers were in the hypo range.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ellie said:

((((Slache))))

I did not mean to quote this and now it won't go away.

42 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I take "Sleep and Relax" an herbal supplement by Gaia herbs a couple hours before I go to bed and I also drink a cup of Sleepytime Extra tea. It helps me and doesn't make me groggy in the morning.

And this is a "Getting Enough Sleep" Booya/h!

Thank you. 

#noh

38 minutes ago, Junie said:

Slache, have you had your hemoglobin checked recently?

Yes, it's fine.

23 minutes ago, Ellie said:

My dear, it may be time to find another doctor. Seems to me your lab numbers were in the hypo range.

They are borderline. But sometimes they're borderline and my energy levels are fine so I don't think that's the cause.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

One of my mom's friends, who had been our neighbor at one point, invited us to their new place in the country after they moved.  I think we went out there for supper and visiting.   Before we left, that lady started running back and forth through the house (which was a mobile home, so straight shot all the way through) pantzless.  

Not in front of the pets!   Eek!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I am verklempt.  Where is that svengo guy?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ugh.  The neighbor boys are eating dinner here.  No sign of mom or other adult at their house.  They went to another neighbor's house while I brought the kids to Bible study, but they came back for dinner.  

Oh, a blue car just pulled up.  I think it's the older half-sister's boyfriend.  

He just brought over the half-sister's 3yo.  Um.  I think after everyone is done eating, we'll have to take a walk over and see what the blankety-blank is going on.  Just kidding.  I won't say "blankety-blank". :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Ugh.  The neighbor boys are eating dinner here.  No sign of mom or other adult at their house.  They went to another neighbor's house while I brought the kids to Bible study, but they came back for dinner.  

Oh, a blue car just pulled up.  I think it's the older half-sister's boyfriend.  

He just brought over the half-sister's 3yo.  Um.  I think after everyone is done eating, we'll have to take a walk over and see what the blankety-blank is going on.  Just kidding.  I won't say "blankety-blank". :laugh:

You should.  Or you should hand them a bill for babysitting. 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

You should.  Or you should hand them a bill for babysitting. 

I could hand them a bill, but money won't be forthcoming.  At least they got two solid meals here.  Looks like the half-sister is there.  I'll let them play a bit and then send everyone home.  

Dh overheard one of the boys saying to the other that their mom was probably at a bar like usual.  :mellow:  Their dad isn't allowed at the house since "the incident" last December.

• Sad 4

Alex won't stop talking like a demon, Mary got her hair stuck under the bed and I hugged John so hard he saw spots. I should get some kind of award.

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Hey Slacheygirl.  How are you?

Tired. I finished my book! :cool:

6 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Night y night. ?

Noche and noche.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I could hand them a bill, but money won't be forthcoming.  At least they got two solid meals here.  Looks like the half-sister is there.  I'll let them play a bit and then send everyone home.  

Dh overheard one of the boys saying to the other that their mom was probably at a bar like usual.  :mellow:  Their dad isn't allowed at the house since "the incident" last December.

Well, Susan, and this is definitely your ministry. Being a good neighbor-Mom.

• Like 3

I have been reading through collections of short stories.  Next up in the book I'm currently reading: The Tell-Tale Heart.  I think I'm gonna wait until morning for that one.

I think Poe was a brilliant writer, but I prefer to read his stories in the daytime.

Especially after that time in college when I had to spend an entire weekend by myself for the first time.  (I had *never* slept in a house alone before.)  And I had to write a research paper on The Fall of the House of Usher.  Let's just say I didn't sleep much.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Good Thursday Morning!     Today is game day at summer swim practice.  The kids get a donut at practice and there are lots of kids and 3 different age groups.  Last week I was appointed to make sure no one came back for a second until the end of all the practices.  Today, I have made plans to meet a mom for breakfast and give her girl clothes and shoes we've outgrown.  (Yes, I am brilliant.  Thank you very much.  Personally, I think they should just buy more donuts, lol.) 

• Like 6

DH was offered a job yesterday! It sounds wonderful except the commute would be even worse than what he had before. He's going to listen to their package details today and decide soon. I don't think there's any way we could move closer to make the commute easier. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1