Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I had forgotten that I teach the adult women at church tomorrow.  Fortunately when I grabbed my notes I discovered that I had planned far enough in advance that I'm already ready for tomorrow.  Score! 

The suggested craft for tomorrow's Sunday School lesson made no sense, so the preschoolers are just getting a coloring page to go with the lesson.  

• Like 4

I worked. Then I came home and revised, and revised. Then I read, and critiqued. Then printed another story for a rewrite. I am tired, and I still need to clean, cook, and plan school for next week. And grocery list needs to be done, and some plants to repot. Tomorrow will be a busy day.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Paige said:

Who wants to come over tonight and teach Baby how to sleep by himself? I'm pretty sure DH and I are incapable.

Too late to make it tonight, but I can try it another night, because I have no mercy. Bwaaahaaahaaa!

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Sunday!!!  Church!!!

we’ve having the big VBS Finale at church today. Kids are singing and then there’s a big old picnic thing with bounce houses and such after.

We leave for Family Camp today. I will try to check in the best I can.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Oh oh oh I also realized today that I absolutely MUST make a string quartet arrangement of the theme from Up.  That might take precedence over The Sound of Music.   

Over the Sound of Music?? Seriously?? Julie Andrews?? “Climb every Mountain....Ford every sea..”?  Christopher Plummer singing “Edelweiss” And his voice cracking with emotion that his beloved Austria has been taken over by the Nazis? What can take precedence over that?? Aaaaaack!! (Runs away, Willy nilly)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Good morning. It's raining. I am happy. So anyone with extra rain, send it my way. Any day I wake up to the rumble of distant thunder is a day when the sun won't try to kill me.

Grocery list, grocery run this morning, and I plan to thump the shells on the turtles if they complain about the rain. I get that we were planning to kayak today. But we can kayak tomorrow. And a rainy Sunday is a gift from heaven for me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I've been chatting with a writing friend about her MS, then with another writing friend about her MS, and I need to do some reading this afternoon. Sun is coming out, and chicken is frying in the pan. Fixing to read one of my stories for pleasure, and then make gravy once this chicken is done.

• Like 4

On 6/23/2018 at 11:57 AM, Susan in TN said:

I feel a little depressed and disgusted with my inability to grow things.  Yesterday my neighbor came over and sheepishly asked if we would be willing to take a bag of zucchini and yellow squash off her hands because she is overloaded.  "If you aren't already over-run with zucchini."  Lord, I haven't gotten a single zucchini yet.  I saw a blossom once.  My tomatoes aren't turning red and most of them have blossom end rot.  The squirrels are now eating the strawberries while they are still white.  I don't even bother checking them anymore.  None of my garlic produced any garlic bulbs.  No peppers yet.  Barb died - I think it's for good this time.  Cilantro is long gone, bugs ate the basil, and the parsley isn't doing well.

Woe is me.  Such a pity party.  I need more coffee.

This is me. None of my seeds even sprouted. My strawberry plants were eaten by squirrels. I just bought new herbs...but I have probably doomed them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our gardens are flourishing, but not as well as they would have if we'd had a proper spring. But I think we'll get some tomatoes, and the boy is already crunching on banana peppers from his seed-started peppers, so I'm calling that success. Better growing for us next year.

My ghost pepper? The thing is a monster. Six hot peppers with dangerous scorpion tails and it loves its pot and covered porch.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I did it! I did it! I have conquered GF cream gravy for fried chicken! I am the cook, y'all!:laugh: After I dance around the kitchen swinging my apron, I might just have to make some biscuits to celebrate.

Critter, you da wo-man!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

This is me. None of my seeds even sprouted. My strawberry plants were eaten by squirrels. I just bought new herbs...but I have probably doomed them.

Hope springs eternal.

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Trick to solve blossom end rot. Go put three Tums tablets in the ground near each tomato plant. It helps.

Done!

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

The boy and I are headed to the lake to collect water lilies. I feel like Tom Bombadil.

I love saying Tom Bombadil.

48 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It’s a God thing. Lately the need to get LD evals for dd has become imperative. But money. Today we got a surprise gift from our church for the amount we would need for evaluations. 

:smile:

• Like 5

Starting to pack up stuff. We leave tomorrow. My ITT time will be spotty as I'm going to have my tablet, not my computer, and I don't like doing Internet as much with my tablet.

Also, six months from today is Christmas Eve.

That is all.

• Like 5

Not ketchupped. I had an interview by phone or in person every day for the last two weeks. Am sitting here with three offers in hand--all amazing. I am feeling incredibly blessed and fortunate on a day that is special to me! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4