Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Again?  Didn't you just get back from an amazing Family Camp in the mountains?  (Can I come?)  Really, though, you could probably do with another couple weeks in the mountains.

Loved it!  So. Much.  (I'm glad I listened to the audiobook so I can pronounce it correctly.)

Yes!  I have a "Dibea" named Wally.  Wally II, actually.  The first Wally got his sensors messed up so they sent us a new one.  I plan to get his mopping adaptor soon.

You made it!  :smile:

Yes, another family camp. This one is at the behest of my father-in-law. We’ve never been to Mt. Hermon before. It’s pretty fancy schmancy, from what I understand. People come from all over the U.S. to go to this one. And it’s in the mountains, but close to the beach. So that will be fun!!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Yes, another family camp. This one is at the behest of my father-in-law. We’ve never been to Mt. Hermon before. It’s pretty fancy schmancy, from what I understand. People come from all over the U.S. to go to this one. And it’s in the mountains, but close to the beach. So that will be fun!!

Sounds wonderful!  Hope it is relaxing and refreshing for you!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Mr. Ellie has been making reservations for our November trip to see the Mouse. We love the Mouse. We'll get to have our 44th anniversary dinner there. ❤️

That is all.

My dad's supposed to take us there in September. We aren't positive he'll have the money yet so keep your fingers crossed! We've never had a family vacation. I'm dreading the drive.

• Like 2

Good morning!

Dh was half  asleep earlier this morning when he got a phone call from someone (whose name he didn't quite catch) asking if either of us was doing music for the services this morning and was desperate because she couldn't get into the church and didn't know what was going on.  Dh half asleep said, "Isn't it Saturday?"  Brief silence.  "OK.  I need prayer!"  :laugh:  We figured out who it was - such a sweet lady.  

I don't think the peaches are quite ready for jam.  Tap tap tap.  Have to do a more thorough check, though.

I have a whole list of chores for other people to do.  

Coffee!

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Are you going to be there for the Buddy Greene workshop/concert?  I have played with him before in church and stuff.  :hairflip:  He is super cool.

#onlyslighlycreepystalker

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!!

FYI:  My postings are going to be very sporadic for the next week or so.  I need to try to stay off the internet and do quite a bit of reading.  Now that ds17 has graduated, I need to get to work on dd15's and dd13's high school classes.  Everything has been kind of on hold for them for the last year while I got ds17 through his senior year.  They have been "doing the next thing" for a while now and I need to make sure that they are up to speed.  I did quite a bit of work on my literature lists this week, but now I have a very long list of books that I actually need to read through before I assign them.  (Ds17's literature list looked quite a bit different than the girls' lists will look.)

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!!

FYI:  My postings are going to be very sporadic for the next week or so.  I need to try to stay off the internet and do quite a bit of reading.  Now that ds17 has graduated, I need to get to work on dd15's and dd13's high school classes.  Everything has been kind of on hold for them for the last year while I got ds17 through his senior year.  They have been "doing the next thing" for a while now and I need to make sure that they are up to speed.  I did quite a bit of work on my literature lists this week, but now I have a very long list of books that I actually need to read through before I assign them.  (Ds17's literature list looked quite a bit different than the girls' lists will look.)

I need to do this as well!  And I need to get things organized.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Are you going to be there for the Buddy Greene workshop/concert?  I have played with him before in church and stuff.  :hairflip:  He is super cool.

#onlyslighlycreepystalker

??. You know I looked that up and we won’t be there for that. We check out of camp on Saturday morning, and the concert is Saturday night and is not part of the regular camp program. It’s just for anyone who wants to come up and enjoy a good concert on a Saturday night.

and this is a Campy Conncert Booya/h!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paige said:

Who wants to come over tonight and teach Baby how to sleep by himself? I'm pretty sure DH and I are incapable.

Maybe the problem will solve itself when he gets a little older and starts kicking you in bed.? I never sleep with middle DD, like in a hotel on vacations and stuff because I wake up with bruises all over my legs. (Well, it’s not that bad, but she is definitely a restless sleeper)

• Sad 1

I feel a little depressed and disgusted with my inability to grow things.  Yesterday my neighbor came over and sheepishly asked if we would be willing to take a bag of zucchini and yellow squash off her hands because she is overloaded.  "If you aren't already over-run with zucchini."  Lord, I haven't gotten a single zucchini yet.  I saw a blossom once.  My tomatoes aren't turning red and most of them have blossom end rot.  The squirrels are now eating the strawberries while they are still white.  I don't even bother checking them anymore.  None of my garlic produced any garlic bulbs.  No peppers yet.  Barb died - I think it's for good this time.  Cilantro is long gone, bugs ate the basil, and the parsley isn't doing well.

Woe is me.  Such a pity party.  I need more coffee.

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I feel a little depressed and disgusted with my inability to grow things.  Yesterday my neighbor came over and sheepishly asked if we would be willing to take a bag of zucchini and yellow squash off her hands because she is overloaded.  "If you aren't already over-run with zucchini."  Lord, I haven't gotten a single zucchini yet.  I saw a blossom once.  My tomatoes aren't turning red and most of them have blossom end rot.  The squirrels are now eating the strawberries while they are still white.  I don't even bother checking them anymore.  None of my garlic produced any garlic bulbs.  No peppers yet.  Barb died - I think it's for good this time.  Cilantro is long gone and the parsley isn't doing well.

Woe is me.  Such a pity party.  I need more coffee.

There, there, Susan!!  Some years are just bad. Last year we had nary a grape off 3 vines, a couple years ago my zucchini all rotted before they were a couple inches long. DH just went out and harvested our blueberries. We got a grand total of 3. He ate two and I ate one. Do not despair. My friend. A true farmer always looks forward to next year, and I sense that you are a true farmer.

• Like 3

I'm being a bad daughter in law.  FIL is moving out of assisted living tomorrow.  Dh and one of  his sisters are moving some of his stuff today.  I was asked if I "wanted" to help.  But you know what?  I'm done.  I have moved entire houses for them multiple times.  And each time they couldn't find something afterwards SIL has insinuated that I took something.  Nope.  She can move her father herself.  (I didn't bother telling dh this.  I have a full day of bill paying and other paperwork so I have good "excuses" without stirring up family drama.) 

I am going to help move FIL himself temporarily to her house tomorrow. She can't accuse me of stealing him.   ?  Then he will be flying down to California with his other dd's help to go stay with relatives.  Which I think will make him so much happier than he's been in years. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

There, there, Susan!!  Some years are just bad. Last year we had nary a grape off 3 vines, a couple years ago my zucchini all rotted before they were a couple inches long. DH just went out and harvested our blueberries. We got a grand total of 3. He ate two and I ate one. Do not despair. My friend. A true farmer always looks forward to next year, and I sense that you are a true farmer.

Aww shucks.  :wub:   I do have plenty of mint, at least.  Want some?  :laugh:

• Like 3

So the New Girl came over to play and the girls were OK with that.  They went over to New Girl's house to get something and apparently no one is home there.  Like all the doors are locked and the car is gone.  What is with people?  Your child goes to play at the neighbor's house and you decide to take off somewhere? Is this normal parenting?  

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

So the New Girl came over to play and the girls were OK with that.  They went over to New Girl's house to get something and apparently no one is home there.  Like all the doors are locked and the car is gone.  What is with people?  Your child goes to play at the neighbor's house and you decide to take off somewhere? Is this normal parenting?  

No, this is "taking advantage of free babysitting". 

• Like 2