Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am wearing clothes from two days ago. Maybe I can get up enough energy to look in my dresser drawers. 

If your current clothes are comfy, then I'd stick with them.

1 hour ago, Junie said:

DD13 finished The Lord of the Rings just before lunch.

Fainty guy!  Way to read, dd13!  

1 hour ago, Slache said:

i HAVE NEVER READ lORD OF tHE rINGS.

wELL CRAP.

There's still time.  Sometimes it feels like you are slogging through a Very Long Hike (but without the NZ scenery) but it is worth it in the end.  

54 minutes ago, AMJ said:

I reached the bottom of page 2951.  Time to socialize IRL.

Fainty guy!

• Like 5

Plants be planted.  Some Areas have been picked up.  A truck ran into a bridge and closed down the highway so we are going to have to leave Very Early for rehearsal.  Traffic will be a mess because a whole lotta people are heading into the Big City for the hockey playoff game and because it's finally good weather and people are ready to par-tay.  :rolleyes:

• Like 4

If looks could kill, I might be breaking the rules. The last two mornings, DH has given in and let kitty have just squares (her preferred food). Today Her Fuzzy Majesty led me to her dish to show me she was almost out of food. I poured circles into the dish.

She sniffed it and left. This is *not* food. Back to bird-watching.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

If looks could kill, I might be breaking the rules. The last two mornings, DH has given in and let kitty have just squares (her preferred food). Today Her Fuzzy Majesty led me to her dish to show me she was almost out of food. I poured circles into the dish.

Oh wow!! The Food Snub!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Food is gross.  I don’t often feel that way. 

Neither do I. But it doesn't taste good today. It is good. I can eat what I've made and it's quite possibly the best fried chicken I've made in a long time. But I don't really feel like eating it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I want to read LOTR. An old friend gave me a beautiful red leather copy of it when I was like 9 and blossoming after my dyslexic diagnosis. I haven't seen him since I was 14 but we plan to drive down this summer and see him. I am so excited I could cry.

We did memory work and read alouds and I danced. I don't want to do anything else. Burgers and My Little Pony movie tonight.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, lanalouwho said:

I am inexplicably exhausted today. I want to laze about.

It’s Friday!

2 hours ago, whitehawk said:

:D

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I think I saw my final rejection for the contest. Apparently my writing really stinks. Or something. 

ETA: But that was the last one on the day, I think! So I don't have to look anymore.

The only thing that stinks is the poopyhead. 

14 minutes ago, Slache said:

Well, you definitely have to read it now!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I’m sipping lemonade now, with the last of my lemons. I think I need to go out and have a talk with Leonard. He’s just a little sprite, but he really needs to know the expectations.

I think all our unseasonably cold weather has made Lynette a little cautious. I can see 3 itty-bitty lemon wannabe budds but for the most part nuthin’ is happening. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Around five I got worried about my kids. I remembered that I sent them to the lake with water and lunch but no sunscreen! However, Nana came to the rescue, and they were slathered before the got in the water. I worried that they might be tired, hungry and thirsty. I couldn't find out when they were coming home. In the end, DH and I ran to the lake to rescue them.

They didn't need rescuing. We got there in time to see them skillfully managing some substantial lake waves in their boats, keeping pace with Grandpa and Uncle with no problems, and when they got in, both of them had all sorts of stories to tell about exploring the lake, heading up creeks, getting off on islands, annoying the Canada geese, and finding a dead raccoon in a creek. They saw deer, gar, a wild turkey, an enormous snapping turtle, and a feral hog and her nine piglets taking a dip in the lake. They identified several flowering trees, saw other plants they admired, and named a creek, "Inlet of a Thousand Raindrops".They are wild with enthusiasm for a float trip tomorrow on the river, despite having spent almost eight hours on a kayak today.

Where did my boys go? I think they might be growing up on me.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Slache said:

The coat closet is an uncomfortable place to hide. Next time I'm just getting in bed and being as flat as possible. 

Aside from Friday night movies I have not watched television in 138 days.

I haven't watched TV in about 20 years, aside from the NFL and that's mainly because the Man needs snuggles while the Seahawks ruin their own lives.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Good Saturday Morning!  We saw Avengers with friends last night.  I will say nothing about it.  #nospoilers

TV - sometimes we watch Jeopardy #alreadyold.  NFL football.  College basketball.  That's probably it.  Sometimes the food channel, but not lately (that's really dh and dd, not me).  The TV mostly gets used for OYAN lessons and occasionally youngest watches Scooby Doo dvds.  

• Like 2

Good morning!

It's Saturday!  I have more organizing and cleaning to do today.  The house in general is not looking quite as bleak as it did yesterday but is still has Issues.  My own room is a disaster - I think I will start with putting away laundry.  The children's choir spring concert is this afternoon. 

Coffee!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tsuga said:

I haven't watched TV in about 20 years, aside from the NFL and that's mainly because the Man needs snuggles while the Seahawks ruin their own lives.

I hadn't watched TV in over a decade when my husband got me back into it. I have a very addictive personality so it became a problem, especially when I was depressed. I decided that as my shoes got cancelled I would just fade it out.

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Good Saturday Morning!  We saw Avengers with friends last night.  I will say nothing about it.  #nospoilers

TV - sometimes we watch Jeopardy #alreadyold.  NFL football.  College basketball.  That's probably it.  Sometimes the food channel, but not lately (that's really dh and dd, not me).  The TV mostly gets used for OYAN lessons and occasionally youngest watches Scooby Doo dvds.  

Scooby Dooby Doo! Where are you?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. 

I watch tons of tv- from 5 pm to 11 pm. It is a distraction for me. 

I can't do this. If I do I completely ignore them and then yell at them when they want attention. I'm very bad at balancing some things. I'm sure you haven't noticed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2