Menu

Ignore this thread!

On 4/25/2018 at 3:42 PM, Junie said:

Well, we're not having French toast for dinner after all.  :(

The eggs that I bought on Monday apparently are part of the recall from a few weeks ago.  :huh:

I didn't know there was a recall!

On 4/25/2018 at 5:40 PM, Southern Ivy said:

Hey - sorry! Been crazy around here. 

Dad is doing well. We ended up not admitting him to Timber Ridge. We all agreed that if any of us had any misgivings, then we wouldn't stay. Dad refused, so he came home. There were a lot of reasons, that alone would be fine, but all together, it was a definite no, even though we were told that we were making a huge mistake. 

Mom is researching and doing therapies at home; he is doing speech and PT at the same place he was originally and mom is having him under going NAET by a friend of hers. The improvement he's gone through is amazing. There are still deficits, but we're confident that he will continue to improve. 

Mom ran into a woman who is in the same situation as her - they're 10 months into the journey. She's also a Christian, so she's been a wonderful encouragement and source of information for mom. 

Hi, Mary!!!!  Glad to hear your Dad is doing well.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2018 at 7:54 PM, Susan in TN said:

Today I learned that if I listen to music tuned to A432 Hz (which is, of course, "the perfect frequency of nature and history"), it will create a "Sanctification Superhighway" to God!  

It is so wrong on so many levels - where is the roflol guy when you need him?  :laugh:

Isn't one frequency just one note?  How many compositions can be made out of just one note?  Why would God prefer just one note over all of the others?

On 4/25/2018 at 11:08 PM, Slache said:

I'm fairly certain I woke a sleepwalking John by screaming at him for not paying attention. He had woken up both of his siblings by turning all the lights on and yelling that the audiobook was skipping (it wasn't) and he just kept running up and down the hall yelling so I finally yelled back and he stopped, looked at me, started bawling and said "I'm so sorry! I'm so so sorry!" It was awful. I felt terrible. I hugged him while he cried and I apologized repeatedly. He was so tired he went right back to bed though.

(((Slachie and John)))  Yup, sounds like he might have been sleepwalking.  The first time DD16 ever did that she stood by DH's side of the bed and kept laughing a creepy laugh.  It took us a bit to realize she might not actually have been awake.  You did well with the hugs and reassurances.

• Like 1

Good morning!

Junie, your snack sounds delicious!

We are all sleeping in this morning.  Dh took the day off work.  I think I hear dd15 milling sbout.  I am planning to help varioius kids with music practice and go through a couple science lessons and do some yard work - particularly cutting back the honeysuckle.  And I have tomatoes and peppers that need to be planted.  The kids have choir dress rehearsal tonight, but that's it for outside activities today.

Coffee!

• Like 4

I am up. Feel no better, but must plod on. It's a little thing, I guess, but I'd rather have my own name misspelled than see my manuscript title misspelled...that's been bugging the heck out of me. First I panicked, thinking I had misspelled it on the pages or in the query, and then I checked, and no...just an error...

I had it together until then, but after that I just bawled. I felt like I did when I had to crawl under bushes as school so that people mocking me wouldn't see me cry...Blech. I cry like once every ten years, and I hate my stuffy nose and red eyes.

• Sad 5

I have caught up to the bottom of page 2950, which is a day and a half ago.  I have to leave shortly for my first appointment with this primary care doctor.  

I'm tired, and DH got disappointing this morning.  I realized I hadn't yet had time to finish the new patient paperwork I had been working on and so I freaked out and finished that instead of paying attention to DH.  I need to pay him better attention this evening.

I'll try to catch up more later.  Hugs to you all!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AMJ said:

Isn't one frequency just one note?  How many compositions can be made out of just one note?  Why would God prefer just one note over all of the others?

The change in frequency changes the tuning of the notes very slightly.  So if you had a violin tuned to 440 Hz and another tuned to 432 Hz, they would both be tuned to an "A" technically, but they would sound out of tune with each other.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

The change in frequency changes the tuning of the notes very slightly.  So if you had a violin tuned to 440 Hz and another tuned to 432 Hz, they would both be tuned to an "A" technically, but they would sound out of tune with each other.

I just learned that this week at violin lesson because we were using an app for tuning dd's violin and after lesson everything was always a half step flat.  I thought maybe that was just what we do, lol.  I learned this week that my app was on the wrong frequency.  Fixed now.  :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

DDs 13 are with us no more. :sad:

14 years ago yesterday, I was 33 weeks and had my weekly doctor's appointment. I told him I felt off and DH was scheduled to leave on a several night business trip that afternoon. He checked and said I had no signs of having the babies soon and said DH was safe to go out of town. Later that night I rearranged the furniture in DS's room for his big boy bed, put him to bed in his new bed, and then felt a pop but no gush. An hour after that, I was getting concerned that maybe that pop was really my water, and out of an abundance of caution, I called a neighbor and asked him to watch DS for a little bit. Poor neighbor! I have no idea when he was relieved- DH called a friend of mine sometime late that night or the next morning and asked her to come over and my parents arrived late the next day. DS didn't know the neighbor and would have been scared. 

I drove myself to the hospital with just my keys and ID in my pocket, fully expecting to be told I peed myself and to come home. I checked myself in and they made me use a wheelchair and when I got up, my water really broke. We called DH and told him to come back from his trip. He started driving. About an hour later, they decided I had to go somewhere else, so we called DH and told him to turn around- I was being flown back to where his conference was! He got to the hospital as the helicopter landed. The doctors at the new hospital were the meanest in the world for reasons but eventually Babies were born in spite of them and after a few stressful weeks we were home, and now we have brand new DDs 14! I think at just this time 14years ago they were waiting on a test to come back to decide if we'd have babies today or try to wait a few weeks. 

• Like 9

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!!

It’s a chilly, pull up the comforter Morning. Too bad I had to get up and not snuggle down for another hour.

Happy Birthday Paige’s DDs. Love the story, Paige!! Thank you!

Sounds like an awesome snack, Junie, how did it make you feel/sleep/etc.?

• Like 1

I don't know why I'm taking rejection so hard this week. I think it's the combination of editing so hard and the depressing spring weather, but I can't stop sobbing periodically this morning, and it's driving me crazy. I need to get over this and get to work. But it's really difficult. 

• Sad 3

24 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I don't know why I'm taking rejection so hard this week. I think it's the combination of editing so hard and the depressing spring weather, but I can't stop sobbing periodically this morning, and it's driving me crazy. I need to get over this and get to work. But it's really difficult. 

Feed your soul---nice hot cup of tea, listen to some good music and read a book or catch a good movie.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My fever is lower than it was yesterday. At least for now. Very tired. I want a mommy. 

35 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Sweet baby girls - snuggle in a blanket with something soothing to drink.  (((Jean & Critter)))

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My fever is lower than it was yesterday. At least for now. Very tired. I want a mommy. 

We forgot to get you the bunny slippers!!!  And the Vicks, and the chicken noodle soup and all the things!  (((Jean)))

59 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Louis Arthur Charles?? Really?? 

I know, right?  What, are we going to restart the 100 years war?  

38 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

(((Critter)))

• Like 3

Dh is trimming trees and shrubs like there's no tomorrow.

i have been trying to sort through and "deal with" excess stuff and in the meantime my house has turned into a federal disaster area.  It feels like running an obstacle course just trying to get from one room to the next.  Sigh.

The good thing is that I am OK with tossing a few useless things that have been taking up an annoying amount of space.

Ds13 just exclaimed over finding a clean shirt in a basket of laundry.  :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

37 minutes ago, Slache said:

John has vomited 

All over his magic set

I have cleaned it up

I could not finish

Joshua chapter seven

My voice just gave out

Miss Frizzle is on

I am taking a sick day

And so are the kids 

(((John and Slache)))  Miss Frizzle is a very capable sub!!!

27 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Blech for sick days and sick minds (in my case). I'm going to have another cup of tea, turn on some music and cry all I like. My boys are out with family having fun on the water, and I don't have to explain.

Hope you feel better afterwards!  

19 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Feed your soul---nice hot cup of tea, listen to some good music and read a book or catch a good movie.  

Yes - THIS!!!!  Movie, chocolate or other treat, special drink, cozy blanket.  Please treat yourself to special things!  

• Like 2

Why is this exhausting?  Drive ~30 minutes, visit with friends, wait in line, visit with friends while waiting in line, stop at 5 stations with periodic waits in between each one and chatting at each one and following simple directions and answering simple questions at each one, driving back home ~30 minutes.  I feel like I just finished taking the SAT.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2