Menu

Ignore this thread!

I wish people in my house would get abnormally excited about sandwiches for dinner. The only interest I get is when I make grilled cheese, and that's two adults and no children excited. 

Tonight they will just have to be excited about baked potatoes or cook their own durned dinner.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Those are amazing. I have never seen clouds like that in real life.

They ARE amazing, aren't they?  I have seen clouds like that IRL.  Sometimes I really miss watching storm fronts roll in across the Minnesota prairie.  You could tell as they approached -- the air would grow still, and EVERYTHING would hush.  Then there'd be a hint of some air movement.  Then a wisp against your cheek.  Then the air would stir perceptibly, and the birds and small animals would start to flutter and scoot to somewhere secure and safe as the stirring grows into a breeze, and then into a wind.  To the west would be a rolling, towering approaching bank of dark, blowing colder air before it until the trees bend.  The clouds would tower above and block out the sun, and then would come the rain.  The experience is enervating, electrifying.

My high school friends would call me a barometer.  They could tell when weather was approaching simply by how I acted.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I think my kids get abnormally excited over the prospect of having a sandwich for dinner.  They may go completely haywire if I add sliced tomatoes and arugula.

Dd15 is running a low fever with the sore throat. Sister sharing.  :(

((Susan's DD))

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

For those of you who mind your FitBit, how many hours a day do you get over 250 steps/hr?  I'm curious.... It looks like I average 4000 steps a day just walking around, doing my thing without purposeful exercise, but I have many hours with <250 steps.

Today my pacer app says in one half hour this morning I got what looks like more than 1000 steps in that half hour.  That would be when I went to early vote and ran one errand afterwards.  It says I also had two half-hours (when I took DD13 to/from ballet) in which I got in more than 350 steps per half hour.

I'm going to need to start counting the steps at ballet, I think, to verify this.  It's possible I got in that many steps, but I wonder if my phone is counting steps my vehicle takes....

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

For those of you who mind your FitBit, how many hours a day do you get over 250 steps/hr?  I'm curious.... It looks like I average 4000 steps a day just walking around, doing my thing without purposeful exercise, but I have many hours with <250 steps.

Last week I averaged 4.7 of 9 hours with more than 250 steps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ikslo said:

:blink:

I didn't mean to quote this and now I don't know how to make it go away.

13 minutes ago, ikslo said:

What is that emoji even supposed to be?

It looks like it tried to break the wrong block in Super Mario Brothers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

IIRC, I average 9 or 10 hours out of 14. A lot depends on how much I’m driving that day. 

:wub:

:blink:

:glare:

:ack2:

:banghead:

:willy_nilly:

So Awesome!  An Emoji Testing Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

IIRC, I average 9 or 10 hours out of 14. A lot depends on how much I’m driving that day. 

I just reset the hours my Fitbit counts my 250 step activity.  I reset it from 9 hours to 14 to be just like Susan.  That isn't stalkerish at all.  (insert guy who is slinking away)

What makes me ashamed is seeing where it  tallies up how many hours I am sedentary. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

So....Weapon X had a soccer game tonight. He was only in for a few minutes before some kid on the other team kicked the ball, and my son blocked it....with his face. It literally knocked him off his feet it hit so hard. 

He's fine, but now he's afraid of the ball.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

So sleepy...

I am back from writers' meeting. I read story and showed off my protagonist (watercolor), returned home and finished editing Chapter 14. I'm simply too tired to do revision right now. Also done: school, cleaning the kitchen, keeping up with laundry and mostly keeping up with the dishes, and the goat was showered. All animals have been fed, walked and medicated, and litter boxes patrolled.

Imma bed.

• Like 6

(((Weapon X)))

I've only had my Fitbit for a few days, just recently switched from a Garmin, but I've noticed that my 250 step counter clears the day's activity so there are no hours that I had 250 steps the day before in the weekly chart thingy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lanalouwho said:

So....Weapon X had a soccer game tonight. He was only in for a few minutes before some kid on the other team kicked the ball, and my son blocked it....with his face. It literally knocked him off his feet it hit so hard. 

He's fine, but now he's afraid of the ball.

Ack!  Where is our hug emoji?  (((Weapon X)))

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

We haven't turned on the a/c yet.  :tongue:

There is that benefit.  And quite frankly, I'll take all the delays I can before the blast furnace of summer starts up.  Though I am sorry for those further north of us who are getting worse cold this late.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I don't wanna talk about it.:dry:

• Like 4