Menu

Ignore this thread!

15 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Rocco, Roderigo....Critter’s House!! Stat!

make sure Swyn is standing by with the massage table at the ready and Gerta has the fluffy comforter turned down with the room-darkening shades drawn and little chocolate on the pillow.

Set me up, too, please.  With fresh fruit salad and non-cruciferous veggies to munch on, too, and fragrant unsweetened chai.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Junie said:

I just got back from the doctor.

My MRI was completely normal.  Who knew?  ;)

He actually said that a completely normal MRI was unusual.  He said that they almost always find something abnormal.

We still don't know what's causing my headaches, though.

(((Junie)))  I hope they find out the cause soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Good morning. Been up since two.

Bubble and boil,

Trouble and toil,

The sound of the kettle at four

Insomnia bites,

And so I won’t fight,

I’ll just get up and write some more.

Random Musings

(((Critter)))

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

DS1 has tutoring this evening in the Biggish City to the south of us (not as big as the Big City to the north of us).So, I have 2 hours to kill. Will go to Costco and pick up supplies for the Awana TNT Girls campfire night on Friday, and stop at Home Depot.

It’s gonna be a hot one today, Matilda. In the 90’s. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Good morning. Been up since two.

Bubble and boil,

Trouble and toil,

The sound of the kettle at four

Insomnia bites,

And so I won’t fight,

I’ll just get up and write some more.

Random Musings

Oh dear!! I’m so sorry!! Insomnia bites.

#isaidbites

#isbitesasbadassucks

• Like 2

On 4/23/2018 at 5:50 PM, Susan in TN said:

Junie is completely normal!

Is that allowed on ITT?

Last poetry tea of the month this afternoon, so we have to make brownies after school.

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 8

48 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Oh dear!! I’m so sorry!! Insomnia bites.

#isaidbites

#isbitesasbadassucks

#yes

I put on a fleecy today and walked into public. Sitting in the dentist's office I now realize that my cat was using it as a bed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Good Morning!

I woke up at 4ish with a bad headache.  Took a shower.  Went back to bed.

I woke up at 6ish with a bad headache.  Dh was in the shower, so I ate breakfast, waited for him to get out (and for the hot water to replenish), took Advil, took a shower, gave dd13 instructions for the morning, and went back to bed.

I woke up at 11ish (a few minutes ago) because dd10 was throwing up.  :(  At least my headache is (mostly) gone.

I'm not sure if dd10 is really sick.  She said that she threw up at 3 a.m. but she doesn't know why.  She told me, "It was just random."  :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Good morning.  Between rushing ds to college (because he still can't get his new car to run.  Sigh) and rushing dd to her medical lab tests, I might be fasting as well.  Not cuz i want to but because I'm not sure when I'm going to find time to eat.  OK and now having typed that, it's time to get Juliet up and let the wild rumpus begin! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 4/22/2018 at 8:03 PM, Paige said:

I'm irritated that a supposedly awesome popular book I just finished actually didn't finish at all. There was no spoiler that said the book ended on a cliffhanger. It's not even so much of a cliffhanger as it just stopped- ended-nothing resolved. It felt like a chapter about 3 chapters short of an ending. The first chapter or two of the sequel or maybe one chapter of 2 following books was included (hard to tell on kindle)  but it did not make me less grumpy at all- like a cheap trick to make me read more books. And of course they don't lead to a conclusion of any of the stories at all. 

I hate it when they do that.

I am now trying to write up notes on what happened yesterday with Dad.

Dad's prior TIAs, back in Colorado, appear to have affected the left side of his brain for the most part.  In contrast, the TIA Dad had yesterday and the one the weekend before Easter affected the right side of his brain.  Unfortunately this included Dad being difficult (that's an understatement) and uncooperative.  This means:

• future TIAs and full-blown strokes could strike any part of Dad's brain
  • if the right side of his brain becomes permanently affected I could end up with a very uncooperative and combative Dad who will actively resist any attempts to assist him or give him medical treatment
  • if Dad becomes paralyzed in any part he might become ineligible to live where he lives now, and he will highly resent and resist any change that takes away this living situation he enjoys so much

I am working through my own upset at his behavior yesterday, realization that his behavior might not have been entirely in his control (though it did revert back to behavior he had all along, even since before the TBI 25 years ago, so I do still have some resentment over said behavior cropping up now), and the realization that when a permanent stroke strikes Dad will very likely deny it is occurring and refuse treatment, so there is little I can do except pick up what pieces I can after the fact and in the meantime research options should Dad become paralyzed, intractable, and unable to care for himself at all.

I told DH I want to get out on the water in a powered boat so I don't have to paddle myself to a safe spot, fighting to cross boat wakes.  We were looking at when we might be able to go do that, and it's weeks in the future.  : (    I'm not even sure when we can get paddling time.

If anyone has some good water pics would you mind posting them, please?  Or sunrises or sunsets, or nifty clouds.  Or waving long grasses.

I need a prairie.  I only have some clover, though, no bees and no revery.

I do have a wonderful DD16, though, who just came and gave me hugs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

25 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

I woke up at 4ish with a bad headache.  Took a shower.  Went back to bed.

I woke up at 6ish with a bad headache.  Dh was in the shower, so I ate breakfast, waited for him to get out (and for the hot water to replenish), took Advil, took a shower, gave dd13 instructions for the morning, and went back to bed.

I woke up at 11ish (a few minutes ago) because dd10 was throwing up.  :(  At least my headache is (mostly) gone.

I'm not sure if dd10 is really sick.  She said that she threw up at 3 a.m. but she doesn't know why.  She told me, "It was just random."  :)

(((Junie and DD10)))

Could it be sinus drainage from allergies?  That can really upset my stomach at times.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning.  Between rushing ds to college (because he still can't get his new car to run.  Sigh) and rushing dd to her medical lab tests, I might be fasting as well.  Not cuz i want to but because I'm not sure when I'm going to find time to eat.  OK and now having typed that, it's time to get Juliet up and let the wild rumpus begin! 

(((Jeanie and stomach)))  I hope you get good yummies soon.

5 minutes ago, AMJ said:

Dad's prior TIAs, back in Colorado, appear to have affected the left side of his brain for the most part.  In contrast, the TIA Dad had yesterday and the one the weekend before Easter affected the right side of his brain.  Unfortunately this included Dad being difficult (that's an understatement) and uncooperative.  This means:

• if the right side of his brain becomes permanently affected I could end up with a very uncooperative and combative Dad who will actively resist any attempts to assist him or give him medical treatment
  • if Dad becomes paralyzed in any part he might become ineligible to live where he lives now, and he will highly resent and resist any change that takes away this living situation he enjoys so much

I am working through my own upset at his behavior yesterday, realization that his behavior might not have been entirely in his control (though it did revert back to behavior he had all along, even since before the TBI 25 years ago, so I do still have some resentment over said behavior cropping up now), and the realization that when a permanent stroke strikes Dad will very likely deny it is occurring and refuse treatment, so there is little I can do except pick up what pieces I can after the fact and in the meantime research options should Dad become paralyzed, intractable, and unable to care for himself at all.

I told DH I want to get out on the water in a powered boat so I don't have to paddle myself to a safe spot, fighting to cross boat wakes.  We were looking at when we might be able to go do that, and it's weeks in the future.  : (    I'm not even sure when we can get paddling time.

If anyone has some good water pics would you mind posting them, please?  Or sunrises or sunsets, or nifty clouds.  Or waving long grasses.

AMJ, can you get medical power of attorney so that even if he is uncooperative, you can get him the care he needs? 

• Like 1

Whew, staying ketchupped is becoming quite a task. 

I was looking at Pre-K level things for Mal for the fall. I'm still not sure if I'm even going to start anything formal with him yet. If I do, it will be play-based. I just don't want to hunt down and plan the activities for him myself. I'm thinking maybe Blossom & Root.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AMJ said:

How do you post pics? I have some good ones....

Yes, the nature of a TBI (brain damage happening) is such that the brain doesn't make great decisions when one is happening.  Right brain and frontal lobe damage is particularly bad in terms of behavioral issues and emotional regulation.  Add to that whatever fear he's experiencing is he's cognizant of loss happening and it's just kind of a mess. I'm sorry.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

AMJ, can you get medical power of attorney so that even if he is uncooperative, you can get him the care he needs? 

I already have medical POA.  I cannot countermand decisions he makes on his own behalf if he is able to express himself.  I can only act on his behalf to follow his expressed wishes, and to make decisions on his behalf if he is unable to decide for himself or communicate his decisions.

He has a DNR and an advanced directive (of a general nature).  Even with those documents properly signed and witnessed if, at the point of treatment, he expresses a decision or wish contrary to what the documents say the doctors must abide by what he is telling them.

Until and unless he is declared incompetent legally no one can gainsay what he says or force him to accept medical treatment.  He is still able to demonstrate adequate competency, so what he says at the point of treatment goes.  This is his right, despite the risks.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Ugh. I can't get things to resize, so I'll link you to one of my favorite photography links on prairie photos. http://kansasphotos.com/wp/

Oh WOW.  Thank you!  Those are wonderful, especially the clouds.  And the snow.  And the grasses.  And the prairie fire with back blaze.  And the sun through the grass.  And....

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Or is it, "our wish is your command"?

No.

6 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

That is SUNSHINE, people!  SUNSHINE.  NOT Sonlight.

I was confused but didn't want to admit it.

3 hours ago, lanalouwho said:

Whew, staying ketchupped is becoming quite a task. 

I was looking at Pre-K level things for Mal for the fall. I'm still not sure if I'm even going to start anything formal with him yet. If I do, it will be play-based. I just don't want to hunt down and plan the activities for him myself. I'm thinking maybe Blossom & Root.

We started with Leapfrog and will move to RLTL when she's ready. She wanted "paper school" so we're doing handwriting and Singapore Earlibird which is far gentler than I imagined.

• Like 2