Menu

Ignore this thread!

18 minutes ago, Slache said:

Do you think this could this work for 1st & 3rd? Also, another option would be to only fill one or two years and then start your next cycle early to allow for grace.

Hmmm.  Possibly?  If they like to draw.  It's easy enough to draw [approximations of] the maps from her guides, but DS still isn't able to do them from memory.  I figure since we're using it as a supplement, it's just exposure.  I guess it depends on what you are going to expect from them?

I had planned for half this year, and we've made it through a little over a third.  It's meh to me.  I haven't made it a priority as of late because frankly I was more worried about making sure he was grade level on math since it is a testing year.  Maybe next year will be better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dagnabbit tracking says my dress for the retirement ceremony will arrive at approximately the same time as the ceremony! 

Curses for THREDUP and it’s slow shipping and for Amazon for making me complacent and used to 2 day shipping.

• Sad 2

I slept last night! I'm still sore today--kinda like I ran a marathon in a major hail storm--but it's not really awful like yesterday. I'm digging out of the laundry and dishes and paperwork that stacked up over the weekend. 

Somehow we blew a circuit in the middle of the night. *sigh*

Does anyone know how hard it is to get a replacement screen door? This house has a door, but no screen. I'm not excited to pay for ac, so I need to figure out replacement costs and see if it's worth it.  It's going to be sunny and 80F most of the week!!!

• Like 3

I have no screen doors in my house. Probably a good thing. I get enough pollen coming in whenever I open a window. Both of the vehicles are yellow, and one of them was actually out this morning. It doesn't take long with all the pine trees around.

AOPS is starting an academy in my hometown. I don't know if I'm willing to outsource this... 

Also, didn't catch up but I hope all the diets, dads, moms, kids, and traveling husbands are okay. My dad says he always loses weight when he comes to our house in spite of all the food we eat. We eat a lot. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I need grapes. And a backrub. And a nap. Somebody helicopter me to the island right away, please.

Rocco, Roderigo....Critter’s House!! Stat!

make sure Swyn is standing by with the massage table at the ready and Gerta has the fluffy comforter turned down with the room-darkening shades drawn and little chocolate on the pillow.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Rocco, Roderigo....Critter’s House!! Stat!

make sure Swyn is standing by with the massage table at the ready and Gerta has the fluffy comforter turned down with the room-darkening shades drawn and little chocolate on the pillow.

Ah, yes. Massage, fluffy comforter, a dark room, chocolate and those cushy socks I like...

• Like 4

I just got back from the doctor.

My MRI was completely normal.  Who knew?  ;)

He actually said that a completely normal MRI was unusual.  He said that they almost always find something abnormal.

We still don't know what's causing my headaches, though.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ikslo said:

Hmmm.  Possibly?  If they like to draw.  It's easy enough to draw [approximations of] the maps from her guides, but DS still isn't able to do them from memory.  I figure since we're using it as a supplement, it's just exposure.  I guess it depends on what you are going to expect from them?

I had planned for half this year, and we've made it through a little over a third.  It's meh to me.  I haven't made it a priority as of late because frankly I was more worried about making sure he was grade level on math since it is a testing year.  Maybe next year will be better.

You don't have the DVDs, right?

5 hours ago, ikslo said:

Remind me what these are.

I love these in theory but there's no modern history.

19 minutes ago, Junie said:

He actually said that a completely normal MRI was unusual.  He said that they almost always find something abnormal.

Junie's perfect! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

Junie, how are you doing after your mile yesterday?

Just fine.  :)

I would have known right away if it was a problem.  I can only exercise if I don't have anything else I have to do that day.  Then if need be I can crawl into bed. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Do you guys like me enough to post my bail?

Asking for a friend. 

I gotchu fam. Especially if it's a local blowhard trying to ruin things for everyone through one-sided unsustainable public policy that benefits exactly them and nobody else. I'd TP their house with you but then how would I bail you out?

5 hours ago, AMJ said:

Just checking in quickly.  I am not caught up.  Rough times with Dad right now.

:( I'm sorry.

4 hours ago, Junie said:

Well that's good but not good. 

I don't think medical science has a great idea about what "normal" is.

• Like 6