Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

When I got home from church around 3pm, my fitbit told me, "there are nine more hours!  Get moving!" 

I laughed and laughed.

At the rate i’m Going I will not hit my goal. It’s too warm outside and I am too lazy. I got +2,000 steps yesterday. I wish we could roll-over steps.

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

They are like one of my favorite sandwiches evah!!

#simpletastes.

My sista!

1 hour ago, Junie said:

I walked a mile!  (With a video inside my house, not alone in the rain.)

WOOT!

17 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Can someone here just plan school for next year, for me?

Oh! Pick me!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ikslo said:

Last time I asked he said no history would be good.  So I’m afraid to leave it up to him.  

Read History of Us, watch some documentaries, read some books, and call it good. 

12 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

At the rate i’m Going I will not hit my goal. It’s too warm outside and I am too lazy. I got +2,000 steps yesterday. I wish we could roll-over steps.

I think roll over steps are perfectly legit. 

• Like 2

I'm irritated that a supposedly awesome popular book I just finished actually didn't finish at all. There was no spoiler that said the book ended on a cliffhanger. It's not even so much of a cliffhanger as it just stopped- ended-nothing resolved. It felt like a chapter about 3 chapters short of an ending. The first chapter or two of the sequel or maybe one chapter of 2 following books was included (hard to tell on kindle)  but it did not make me less grumpy at all- like a cheap trick to make me read more books. And of course they don't lead to a conclusion of any of the stories at all. 

• Like 2

Ikslo, have you started mapping the world with art? Because you can make that your core and add interest led literature and biographies.

World geography 

US history 

A year of biographies 

The history of Science 

Family heritage 

Prehistory 

Government 

One student picked topic for each quarter

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Paige said:

I'm irritated that a supposedly awesome popular book I just finished actually didn't finish at all. There was no spoiler that said the book ended on a cliffhanger. It's not even so much of a cliffhanger as it just stopped- ended-nothing resolved. It felt like a chapter about 3 chapters short of an ending. The first chapter or two of the sequel or maybe one chapter of 2 following books was included (hard to tell on kindle)  but it did not make me less grumpy at all- like a cheap trick to make me read more books. And of course they don't lead to a conclusion of any of the stories at all. 

Unfair. I don't mind unresolved things that lead to sequels, but a book needs to resolve the problem facing the protagonist presented at the first of the book. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Slache said:

Ikslo, have you started mapping the world with art? Because you can make that your core and add interest led literature and biographies.

World geography 

US history 

A year of biographies 

The history of Science 

Family heritage 

Prehistory 

Government 

One student picked topic for each quarter

Yes, we’ve started.  It’s not a core.  I can’t do all the bopping around because I work. Interest led is parent intensive with my child.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Yes, we’ve started.  It’s not a core.  I can’t do all the bopping around because I work. Interest led is parent intensive with my child.

Have you looked at The Great Courses? They have some interesting options!

24 minutes ago, Slache said:

Have you looked at The Great Courses? They have some interesting options!

I thought those were high school/college level?  

I don’t think they are set up for 6th grade output with a reluctant writer.  So maybe not what I’m going for?  I could be wrong, though.  I just don’t want to throw something at him that is above his grade level, and miss working on the output skills he needs to be building right now, if that makes sense?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I thought those were high school/college level?  

I don’t think they are set up for 6th grade output with a reluctant writer.  So maybe not what I’m going for?  I could be wrong, though.  I just don’t want to throw something at him that is above his grade level, and miss working on the output skills he needs to be building right now, if that makes sense?

I would use just about any of them with a sixth grader, but hadn't considered the lack of output. Sorry I couldn't help!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

I would use just about any of them with a sixth grader, but hadn't considered the lack of output. Sorry I couldn't help!

No, it was a good suggestion.  I don’t think Horrible Histories would be much output either!  LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good morning. I think the boys lost a balloon today. The last they saw, it was headed south across the forest. They are excited about the altitude and miffed about losing the balloon. I finished the schedules for the week. They don't look bad. We have next week of as a planned break.

I had another nightmare. Why can't I have dreams about lush gardens with beautiful flowers and gently flowing streams instead?

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Monday!,:(

We slept with the windows open last night because #eightysevendegreesyesterday and the &$#£¥ train going through town and sounding the whistle at every crossing kept waking me up.

On a happier note, I am down 3 lbs. with THM. That’s a good thing. Now I just gotta stay away from sugar.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

EDPO: Avert your eyes! Drink more coffee! Read at your own risk!

I need to put the finishing touches on my summer planning next week. I only have four more weeks of Spring Term left. We are about to finish a level in Math, Third Form Latin, WWS, Les Portes Tordues (I really enjoyed that little book), a level in grammar, and I need to decide what, if anything, I want to do about spelling. The boys are fairly natural spellers, and they have always spelled well with interest led spelling. I think we will continue that, but I will move into having them pick words from the Latin derivative list, French derivatives and complex vocabulary words from Literature, History or Science.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!  

Yawn.

We got 3 inches of rain yesterday.  More rain is on the way.

Coffee!  (How did your coffee turn out, Lynn?)  ~D

Very acceptable, thank you!  I am making more now - mixing half-caf with decaf for dd.  ~D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. It is supposed to be a nice day in the 60’s. 

How about we give you 10 of our degrees? The 60’s is a bit chilly and it’s supposed to be 88 degrees here today!! Wayyy too hot for April.

and this is a “Not Ready for Summer Yet” Booya/h!!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, ikslo said:

Do you think this could this work for 1st & 3rd? Also, another option would be to only fill one or two years and then start your next cycle early to allow for grace.

13 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Hey sister, go sister, soul sister, go sister...

This is still happening in my head. 

• Haha 1