Menu

Ignore this thread!

Editing, here we go... I tackled revisions on a creepy dream sequence and fixed most of it. Somehow or another I got the reading level up to ninth or tenth grade on that section. That's not so good. I blame the word diaphanous. Gauzy didn't fit with the mood. I was trying to describe that ethereal semi-opacity you get with early morning fog when the sun hits it and suddenly the world is veiled.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Editing, here we go... I tackled revisions on a creepy dream sequence and fixed most of it. Somehow or another I got the reading level up to ninth or tenth grade on that section. That's not so good. I blame the word diaphanous. Gauzy didn't fit with the mood. I was trying to describe that ethereal semi-opacity you get with early morning fog when the sun hits it and suddenly the world is veiled.

Why not just use the word ethereal. GauZy and diaphanous just remind me of fabric.

• Like 1

Yay for weight loss and step goals.

My Fit Bit has issues with the charger. Hopefully it will be working today and I can get a walk in. If I don’t purposely go for a walk, I generally reach about half my goal.

I have gained 9 lbs. since the beginning of the year. Thank you stress and peri-menopause.:(

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

20 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Yay for weight loss and step goals.

My Fit Bit has issues with the charger. Hopefully it will be working today and I can get a walk in. If I don’t purposely go for a walk, I generally reach about half my goal.

I have gained 9 lbs. since the beginning of the year. Thank you stress and peri-menopause.:(

Commiseration like.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I haven't weighed myself since surgery in January. But my pants are too tight and I don't feel like buying new ones. I need to eat less and run more. Editing is bad for the butt.

DON'T EAT LESS! EAT CLEAN! Eating less lowers your metabolism, eating clean straightens out your hormones and helps you lose weight. Less bread, less sugar, more veggies. Have veggies with breakfast. Don't snack. You want as few insulin spikes as possible. 3 meals, NOT 6! Stop buying oreos and making muffins. If you want to make muffins stop using regular flour. That stuff is poison.

1 minute ago, Another Lynn said:

Will this increase my steps?  :-D

Imma chase you!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Slache said:

DON'T EAT LESS! EAT CLEAN! Eating less lowers your metabolism, eating clean straightens out your hormones and helps you lose weight. Less bread, less sugar, more veggies. Have veggies with breakfast. Don't snack. You want as few insulin spikes as possible. 3 meals, NOT 6! Stop buying oreos and making muffins. If you want to make muffins stop using regular flour. That stuff is poison.

Imma chase you!

Where's the scared emo when I need it!  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Slache said:

Imma chase you!

I don't eat bread, lest I make it. I hope to have more nice veggies in summer--if summer ever comes. I don't usually snack except for popcorn, but then I don't eat breakfast, so...

Haven't used regular flour in years--but I could stand to use the whole-grain mix that has teff in it. Teff gives me energy. 

I hate oreos, but love blueberry muffins, and I eat way too much sugar because all writers are part hummingbird. I could really stand to lay off the sugar--but boy, I'll be super cranky for a while.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Critterfixer said:

I don't eat bread, lest I make it. I hope to have more nice veggies in summer--if summer ever comes. I don't usually snack except for popcorn, but then I don't eat breakfast, so...

Haven't used regular flour in years--but I could stand to use the whole-grain mix that has teff in it. Teff gives me energy. 

I hate oreos, but love blueberry muffins, and I eat way too much sugar because all writers are part hummingbird. I could really stand to lay off the sugar--but boy, I'll be super cranky for a while.

That's ok. Be cranky. It'll be better long term.

• Like 1

I need to....

Do math with 14yo dd when she's ready (or maybe before she's ready, lol).

Clean the kitchen bathroom

Make brownies for tonight

Plan what time things need to go into the oven for supper tonight

Decide if I'm cleaning/straightening anything else (I think that's gonna be a NO.)

Remember to make sure dh and 12yo ds leave on time for his math assessment at local UMS for math placement for next school year. 

Worry about successful arrival, completion, and result of math assessment from now until I get the results email.  (Or maybe not worry about it.  Wait, how do I do that?)

The last two items take a lot of energy - a lot of my task initiative energy, lol.  

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I thought I would be super cranky when I cold turkey gave up sugar, but I felt so good, I couldn't be cranky!

I feel better when I don’t eat sugar. And I look better, too. It does make me bloat. But I am so addicted to it that it is really hard to get back in the saddle after having some. This week has been good. I have that good “no sugar” feeling. Today is day 5 of THM, and while it’s kind of hard to get the hang of “no tandem fueling” (your meals are either moderate carbs and no fats, or higher fat but minimal carbs, and protein every meal) I have been sugar free, and that feels good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

I need to....

Do math with 14yo dd when she's ready (or maybe before she's ready, lol).  

Clean the kitchen bathroom

Make brownies for tonight

Plan what time things need to go into the oven for supper tonight

Decide if I'm cleaning/straightening anything else (I think that's gonna be a NO.)

Remember to make sure dh and 12yo ds leave on time for his math assessment at local UMS for math placement for next school year.  Dh is running errands, so I might be taking him.  

Worry about successful arrival, completion, and result of math assessment from now until I get the results email.  (Or maybe not worry about it.  Wait, how do I do that?)

The last two items take a lot of energy - a lot of my task initiative energy, lol.  

37 minutes ago, Junie said:

Also, I love that in the middle of a discussion on eating clean, Lynn talks about making brownies.

:)

ETA:  Brownie Booyah!!

Friends are coming over for dinner.  Can't have company without dessert!  :-)

25 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Yes, Jeannie divides her steps amongst the rest of us lazy-butts!!

#isaidbutt

Yes!  I want in!  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Friends are coming over for dinner.  Can't have company without dessert!  :-)

Is this really a thing? We don't do dessert here and people have been really surprised about that. If I serve meat, veggies, a salad, and rolls you shouldn't need more food. Am I crazy? We do cake on birthdays.

1 hour ago, maize said:

Stopping in to say hi!

¡Hola!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

Is this really a thing? We don't do dessert here and people have been really surprised about that. If I serve meat, veggies, a salad, and rolls you shouldn't need more food. Am I crazy? We do cake on birthdays.

¡Hola!

Yes, serving dessert to company is really a thing.  Even if the dessert is fruit. 

• Like 5

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

Yes, serving dessert to company is really a thing.  Even if the dessert is fruit. 

I used to make fruit salad until someone told me that wasn't a dessert. Our company is often uninvited so it's not my fault but people just think we should have ice cream or cookies on hand. If I invite someone they bring dessert. I think that's normal. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Slache said:

¡Hola!

Maybe it's southern.  Probably southern. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Slache said:

I used to make fruit salad until someone told me that wasn't a dessert. Our company is often uninvited so it's not my fault but people just think we should have ice cream or cookies on hand. If I invite someone they bring dessert. I think that's normal. 

23 minutes ago, Slache said:

"Would you like to come over for lunch this Saturday?"

"Sure, what can I bring?"

"A dessert?"

"Okay."

I have had essentially that exact conversation every time we invite someone over.

She's bringing a salad.  She makes an awesome salad and I'm terrible at salads.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Slache said:

¡Hola!

We don't have regular "meal" desserts here either except on birthdays and holidays or sometimes just for fun - like ice cream for a special family movie night or something.  If people are coming over, they usually ask if they can bring anything and I suggest dessert.  :D  

• Like 2

We are back from the Big City adventure!  There was no parking available at the museum so we parked at the public library.  We went into the library to have the parking stub validated and saw that they had a Violins of Hope exhibit (violins begin recovered and restored from WW2 concentration camps) and then in the children's area they were doing a professional puppet show of a Mayan creation myth, and then we finally left the library and walked a few blocks to the art museum and ate lunch on the way.  Beautiful weather.  

The museum was packed because, SURPRISE!, it's FREE DAY!  :D  so we looked at ancient Roman stuff and then went to the kids art room and did artsy stuff and then walked back to the parking garage.  Lots of people downtown today - especially wearing their "Smashville" Predators shirts for the big game tonight.  They already had the bicycle bars going.

On the way home we stopped by AFSA to get dd11 some black shoes and I bought some French Marigolds.  

Now, more coffee!

• Like 8