Menu

Ignore this thread!

41 minutes ago, Tsuga said:

I think I thought it was more arthritis related for some reason which can be eased by weight loss and diet to some extent but I know fibromyalgia is different. Don't move to Arizona. They don't have water!

This has not been my experience. :(

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I was in St. Louis during a tornado warning.  The sky turned green.  I had never seen that before.  But the hotel desk people said that we didn't have to hide in the bathroom or anything.  So we didn't.  No tornadoes actually came near us. 

I have noticed a greenish sky a lot with tornadic storms.  

1 hour ago, Slache said:

After being in Tennessee for that tornado storm I'm not afraid of tornadoes anymore. I might have another opinion if I saw one out my window. 

Which tornado storm was that?

We have a walkout basement and whoever built the house put a 5x12(?) room under the front porch, so it is essentially underground.

A tornado went through our yard a few years back.  It was a very weak one, but strong enough to knock down a tree across the street and flip an SUV at the park down the block.

• Like 1

My arthritis has been flaring since Hurricane Matthew came up the East Coast in October 2016.  Waaah!

My frequent/daily migraines began in December 2016.  Waaah!

It's been a rough couple of years.

Thank you all for helping me through the hard days!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We have a walkout basement and whoever built the house put a 5x12(?) room under the front porch, so it is essentially underground.

A tornado went through our yard a few years back.  It was a very weak one, but strong enough to knock down a tree across the street and flip an SUV at the park down the block.

2005? 151 tornado in one weekend. I saw 3 outside of my rather generously sized hotel window and thought "Well this is nice."

Eta: I can't find this on the google so I might be wrong about the number. I just remember the first time I had ever seen a tornado I saw 3. Again, outside of a generously sized hotel window.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

The green is hail.  Sometimes/often hail precedes the tornado, and the tornado is rain-wrapped right behind that hail.

• Like 2

When I lived on the prairie, I lived in tornado alley. I've driven through the outer bands of three tornados (didn't mean to, got caught up in it and couldn't get away), and we've had the winds damage our house a few times. I haven't ever had a direct hit on my house, but I've had friends and neighbors who have.  It lifted up just before it came to our house. It really does sound like a train, fwiw.  The worst part is all of the broken glass.

Junie, I'm sorry you've had such a rough go.

I'm speaking in front of my congregation tomorrow in church on Christ's resurrection.  I'm terrified.  I can only fake being sociable, iykwim.  I'm much more content hiding in my house with my books.

Dh and ds are home and my house smells like campfire and mud. I'm off to continue shoveling laundry and aiding in the drying of gear.  Happy weekend, everyone!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I have cinnamon rolls going in my oven.  I need to head out to the paint store before it closes, but I can't seem to get myself to get up and going. 

Where is that drooling emoji when you need it?!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junie said:

Whiteboards are also good for diagramming sentences.

#iwasahighschoolenglishteacher

Have you looked at GLFTWTM? It looks awesome! 

Just now, Junie said:

For the record, I don't really like diagramming sentences.

I have no idea how to do this.

3 hours ago, Slache said:

After being in Tennessee for that tornado storm I'm not afraid of tornadoes anymore. I might have another opinion if I saw one out my window. 

How can you not be scared of tornadoes! They are the scariest natural disasters for me.

• Like 1

Good morning!

I want a bookstore, too!  With tall shelves and rolling ladders and dark woodwork and a place with comfy chairs and coffee and tea and cookies.

I hobble and my nose runs, but otherwise I am feeling good. My knees DO NOT hurt.  At all.  They feel better now than before the trip.  I suspect they have passed out from shock.

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I want a bookstore, too!  With tall shelves and rolling ladders and dark woodwork and a place with comfy chairs and coffee and tea and cookies.

I hobble and my nose runs, but otherwise I am feeling good. My knees DO NOT hurt.  At all.  They feel better now than before the trip.  I suspect they have passed out from shock.

Coffee!

You just described Exodus Books, except that you forgot the toddler play area, the vintage book section and the fact that it's 1/2 curriculum. 

Reason number 986 not to move.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Slache said:

You just described Exodus Books, except that you forgot the toddler play area, the vintage book section and the fact that it's 1/2 curriculum. 

Reason number 986 not to move.

Is that where Exodus Books is?  I didn't know.  I have ordered stuff from them.

• Like 3

Grd mrnig. I want a personal library, with lots of shelves to hold my books, a few long windows to let in light when I want it, and velvet drapes to keep it out when I don't want it. The walls would showcase my best paintings. I would have a little keyhole fireplace with armchairs in front of it with ottomans to prop tired feet up. And I would have the kind of rug that was made for bare toes. 

• Like 5

I woke up late, and still I became sweaty and nauseous within minutes. Warm tea is helping. My elderly cat hates the change in the weather. She gets out of the bed only to get a drink of water, use the facilities, or get a nibble of food, and then she's back at the end of the bed, hoping the sun will shine. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Planpo. 

Regretting my tweaking.  Wishing I had a hologram child to experiment on first instead of having to use oldest as guinea pig.  History and math are not fitting into neat year long progressions and high school is coming.  Keep thinking of her “ending up in a VAN down by the RIVER.”

Picture it as one of those really nice vans, with a kayak rack on top and a bike rack on the back, because she's living her dream and has plenty of time to relax. 

And remind me of that because I just realized next year is ninth grade and I'm not ready for it.

• Like 5

The window in my living room hosts seven cactus, and the boy wants to purchase more. He has his heart set on a huge agave he wants to bring home. The other boy thinks he should buy the large prickly pear. The prickly pear nailed me yesterday when we looked at plants.

• Sad 1