• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Daddy update:  Yesterday, the doctors decided to put in a trach and a feeding tube. He's been intubated for 7 days. The longest they can keep you intubated is 14 days. After that, the risk of infecti

4 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Yeah. Never buy a boat you don't sit in first.

ETA: Booyah!

If you're gonna buy a boat, sit in it first!

Don't go and spend the money,

If your fanny isn't comfy,

I need the gut-bustin' laughin' guy emoji!

Now I need to sing that one to my kids.  Perhaps all the way to music lessons this afternoon....

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Likety likety likety like!!!!

Maybe I should play THAT all the way to music lessons!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd11 fell off her ripstick and hurt her foot.  :banghead:  She can wiggle her toes and move the foot around without any pain, so I told her she has to sit the rest of the day until it is better.  We can't go backpacking if she can't walk.  :banghead:  :banghead:

(((Susan's DD's foot)))

(((Susan's head)))

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I had second sleep and still woke up grumpy. You know when you foresee a problem and your warning is discounted? That’s my day in so many ways. I have decided to stop rescuing in a few areas of my life and only forewarn and it is a bit painful.

(((Prairie)))

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

dragged bunny out from under the bed.

dragged puppy out from under the bed.

dragged bunny out from under the bed.  See a theme here?  The bedroom door is now closed so no one else can slither under there.

Where's your cat?  And Libby?

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I have no idea. Benign.

Me too! I'm exhausted now.

Not new and completely benign. I had my first one when I was like 11. I was likely having them long before that but that was the first one I had noticed.

Still, this requires a fright emoji, dangit.

(((Slashie dear)))

8 hours ago, Slache said:

Beast Academy peeps. Questions. I have them.

1. There are like a bajillion threads and blog posts on how to schedule it. Is there any reason I can't just do the suggested guide book/practice book lineup at his pace? I don't really see a reason to overcomplicate this.

2. Will we learn all of the Roman numerals (pirate counting methods) in book 2A or the 2nd grade series or later or not?

Awkward sentence. Matt's been snoring since 2:30. I don't like him right now.

We make it through doing like 1-3 pages a day. So, to answer your question, I don't see a reason to overcomplicate it either. 

Roman numerals: we have not gotten there yet. Also while I realize the importance historically and for football-related purposes, I have literally never in my entire life used Roman numerals for actual math. So I wouldn't blame a program for dropping it. Let the history department deal with it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Shasta, Daisy, and Caesar's Brothers have been planted.  The deck has been swept and cleared of trash and misc. items and plants and stands have been arranged closer to their final destinations.  Various plants have been sprayed with anti-fungal spray, and everyone has gotten a nice drink of water.

I think I'm gonna need a 3rd cup of coffee today!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just got a wedding invitation for my cousin’s son. My kids are horribly offended they are not invited. I’m glad they aren’t invited. Invite also said the wedding is outside and to wear appropriate shoes. (Insert laughing guy here) 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Does anyone know how I can open the thread to where I left off? I can't figure it out, so I'm going to the last page and going backwards to where I can last remember being. It's not very efficient.  And kinda annoying. And I miss the emoji dudes.

Click the star to the left of the title.

• Like 1

I had my hair done and banished my inner possum. Then I told the turtles that we could get a snack, but I needed to go to Lowes and buy "a grow bulb". Note the singular.

I got home with a pampas grass plant, a ghost pepper, a rosemary, a lavender, a coleus, and a grow bulb. And we got snacks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I just bought tickets for DS and me to see Ready Player One tomorrow.  He’s bouncing off the walls excited.  In hindsight I should have waited until tomorrow to tell him, but I wanted his opinion on seating.

I’m, like, the best mom ever, apparently.

Which I already knew.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
5 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I just bought tickets for DS and me to see Ready Player One tomorrow.  He’s bouncing off the walls excited.  In hindsight I should have waited until tomorrow to tell him, but I wanted his opinion on seating.

I’m, like, the best mom ever, apparently.

Which I already knew.

Can't wait to hear if y'all like it!

• Like 2

Whiteboard po.

So, we can't fit a board behind our bookshelf and I can't find anywhere else to put something thin so I looked for what I really wanted and came to the conclusion that I want a huge, reversible whiteboard on wheels. I don't want to spend that kind of money or have to store it in our current location so I'm going to buy a whiteboard wall sticker. Like a 3-foot by 4-foot and put it up in the hallway. What do we think?

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Slache said:

Whiteboard po.

So, we can't fit a board behind our bookshelf and I can't find anywhere else to put something thin so I looked for what I really wanted and came to the conclusion that I want a huge, reversible whiteboard on wheels. I don't want to spend that kind of money or have to store it in our current location so I'm going to buy a whiteboard wall sticker. Like a 3-foot by 4-foot and put it up in the hallway. What do we think?

Survey says: They don't work.

(Actually, I don't know from personal experience. I considered that before buying my wall-mounted one, and the negative reviews scared me off.)

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Slache said:

Whiteboard po.

Great if you don’t mind painting the wall when you move out.  All you need is one rambunctious toddler to not stay on the sticker, and your wall is toast.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Great if you don’t mind painting the wall when you move out.  All you need is one rambunctious toddler to not stay on the sticker, and your wall is toast.

I had definitely considered that.

• Haha 1

I'm thinking the wall mounted one or the small flippy one. And don't say "if you're going to spend the money just get the big one" because there's nowhere to put it. It would be like in the middle of the living room and I would eventually trip over it and die which is against the rules.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
45 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Rambunctious toddler?  At Slache's house?  Surely not!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

OK. Since I know you're all hanging by a thread. I love the $300 one we don't have room for, I don't love the $110 flippy one we do have room for and I don't love the $20 wall mounted one we have room for, so for not loving either I'll save the $70 and go with wall mounted. Worst case scenario it meets my needs until we buy a house, best case I absolutely adore it and never waste the $300 on something I never needed.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Slache said:

OK. Since I know you're all hanging by a thread. I love the $300 one we don't have room for, I don't love the $110 flippy one we do have room for and I don't love the $20 wall mounted one we have room for, so for not loving either I'll save the $70 and go with wall mounted. Worst case scenario it meets my needs until we buy a house, best case I absolutely adore it and never waste the $300 on something I never needed.

Could you just nail up 2-4 wall mounted ones to get the approximate size you like?  Two houses ago, we screwed a white shower board from Home Depot up into the drywall as a cheap way to get what we wanted. It was ok, but with the moves it's been much more practical just to have multiple wall mount ones that I arrange as need be. Honestly, we don't use them as much as I thought I would.   

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I was staying away at first virtuously in order to read but now I’m in a funk and just ?????.  

I do think I may have figured out how to finish up by mid-May, so hopefully that will help.

41 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Bummer, now my crab and hedgehog emojis are just question marks.

i’m not confused.  Just tired/cranky/fat/sad.

Nahhhhh, you just miss us!  Here, eat a cookie.  You'll be right as rain in no time!  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Slache said:

Whiteboard po.

The stickers do have a bit of an issue with texture on walls.  If you go the sticker route make sure you either have one GIANT sticker or you mount the sticker(s) to a board and hang that where you were going to put the sticker(s).  Then put framing around it.  You do NOT want to have to deal with dry-erase marker on normal wall paint.

That might be the inexpensive way to go -- adhere your whiteboard sticker to a sheet of plywood or MDF, then put a bit of a frame around the edges.  Or use your windows as dry-erase boards.  Or mirrors.

Or Amazon says this costs in the neighborhood of $50: https://www.amazon.com/Whiteboard-Silver-Finish-Aluminum-85357/dp/B00CNH7E7U/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1523497034&sr=8-8&keywords=4'+whiteboard