• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

Seriously, unless there is construction dirt or major funk going on, don't hand wash sheets by hand. Even the plunger in a bathtub routine is challenging.

I'm trying to catch up on laundry today. I was doing well until I saw a stream of ants going up and down the curtains in a couple of bedrooms. I should've been warned when I saw pest control visiting the neighbor's house. Now ants are trying to move in here. I'm putting out some bait traps and I'm washing everything in sight and putting out borax traps (to lure them to the poison) and peppermint (to keep them out of other areas in the house). #antmegeddon2018

:grouphug:

Somebody should have warned me that teenagers were as mixed up in their days and nights as infants. I think it was midnight before the turtles stopped rumbling and went to sleep.

I'm tired, but caffeine should help.

Happy Nirthday to the duckling. :party:

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Sunday!!!,ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Church!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘⛪ï¸â›ªï¸ðŸ’•ðŸ’•

We overslept a bit, so it’s going to be a rush to get to the first service @ 8:15. But the kids like the contemporary service, so rush we will.

• Like 3

I don't have the best attitude this morning. Everything seems to be taking too long. I've got to write up French and Latin cards for vocabulary and grammar and I nottawanna. 

ETA: But I will. I'm going to put on some music and see if that helps.

Edited by Critterfixer

I have finished my weekly school planning. The music helped, but I'm still unaccountably grumpy. I'm going to see whether it's supposed to warm up nicely today. I have one boy complaining that he's horribly bored and wishes he could go boat and float on the river or at least the lake. I have to say I've got the same itch.

• Like 3

I've got the itch to reorganize and rearrange my entire house. Spring is here, y'all.

Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas on how to actually improve the current setup. I definitely should not start without a plan.

I wonder if Pinterest has any good ideas.

• Like 4

I've got the itch to reorganize and rearrange my entire house. Spring is here, y'all.

Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas on how to actually improve the current setup. I definitely should not start without a plan.

I wonder if Pinterest has any good ideas.

KONMARIE!
  • Like 3

Don't do it! The sheets can't be that dirty, right?

Seriously, unless there is construction dirt or major funk going on, don't hand wash sheets by hand.  Even the plunger in a bathtub routine is challenging.

I'm trying to catch up on laundry today. I was doing well until I saw a stream of ants going up and down the curtains in a couple of bedrooms.  I should've been warned when I saw pest control visiting the neighbor's house. Now ants are trying to move in here.  I'm putting out some bait traps and I'm washing everything in sight and putting out borax traps (to lure them to the poison) and peppermint (to keep them out of other areas in the house). #antmegeddon2018

I'm getting a feeling that ya'll have something against washing sheets by hand? It really isn't that bad. I've done it several times before. And then I hang it on the line outside (no dryer either). They dry quickly.

• Like 1

The boys got back from backpacking even before the rest of us were home from church! Dh says it will be a great place to take a first one-nighter backpacking trip with the girls for practice. We want to go backpacking for 3 or 4 nights with the whole family, maybe in May when dd19 is done with her semester.

• Like 3

I'm getting a feeling that ya'll have something against washing sheets by hand? It really isn't that bad. I've done it several times before. And then I hang it on the line outside (no dryer either). They dry quickly.

No, I'm just lazy. And anti-work. Which is kind of the same. 😂

• Like 3

On washing sheets by hand: I don't like it when my back hurts. Picking up wet sheets over a bathtub and wringing them out would probably make me sore. I get extra grumpy when I'm sore.

I wrote about  2K today on my short story. Having some popcorn and then I'll tackle novel writing.

• Like 2

I've never even thought to try to wash sheets by hand.  I like my washing machine servant.

Me too. But since a washing machine servant requires a special trip to the laundromat, it's just easier to do it by hand.

• Like 4

Over 3K on the short story. I got interested and had to get into the setting at this one location. Now I want to go draw it and paint it. Instead, I think I'll go have a nice little bath and rest. My arms and wrists are a little sore from typing so much today.

• Like 4

I survived church clean up day. Its actually still going on but I am at the point where I can no longer move so I won’t. I did wash all the upstairs windows and blinds. And the front door. And I served salad as part of our lunch and cleaned it up. And took care of all the church garbage. All after having taught the teens so I don’t think that I can be labeled a slacker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 8

I opted for a hot bath and reading. I've started Imager by L.E. Modesitt, Jr. and I have to say, this is one book with first person POV where the narration is superb. The main character is supposed to be an artist, and I got a kick out of how he frets about mixing just the right color of red for someone's hair. Having struggled with trying to get just the right red out of what's available in watercolor, I totally get it.

• Like 4

I survived church clean up day. Its actual still going on but I am at the point where I can no longer move so I won’t. I did wash all the upstairs windows and blinds. And the front door. And I served salad as part of our lunch and cleaned it up. And took care of all the church garbage. All after having taught the teens so I don’t think that I can be labeled a slacker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:svengo: Jean is NOT a slacker. Window washing? Are we supposed to do that?

• Like 3