• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

The Story of the Snickerdoodles   It all started so innocently. One of my cousins posted on Facebook, "I love snickerdoodles." I posted, "If you lived close to me, I'd bake some and bring them over.

Posted Images

My children have started a band called American Band. They play music from all over the world to symbolize our countriy's varied backgrounds. The sentiment is beautiful but the application is horrid.

Alex can't say "I'm hungry" so he's got this new thing where he climbs into his chair and says "Not done." So cute.

They shouldn't sit down while performing.  In fact, they should be on their feet, striking a dramatic pose.  You know, their American Band Stand!   :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :leaving:

• Like 4

Happy Threadiversary!

Though that now means I'm back to twenty pages behind once again....

Story of my life. 

Good for you!  Are you ready for your comprehensive thread quiz?  You have read the entire thread, haven't you?

Nope, but I got 3 pages further. 

All I learned in college was the fine art of BS. 

Much more valuable than the "everything I needed to know I learned in kindergarten"-thing people say.

Good morning folks.  Coffee, hugs or vodka for whomever needs whatever :lol:

Awesome!

There is no one quite like me.

Truth. 

• Like 6

My daughter’s school arranged school portraits. The company sent a full printed photo package and said that I can pay $45 to keep the photos or return them in 7 days. Interesting psychological technique/marketing ploy!

Yeah, though I think legally they can't make you pay or return the photos, so, they're just betting that most people will actually pay (or return the photos). 

• Like 1

My daughter’s school arranged school portraits. The company sent a full printed photo package and said that I can pay $45 to keep the photos or return them in 7 days. Interesting psychological technique/marketing ploy!

I know, my son’s old school did that, too.🙄

I vroom-vroomed (vacuumed). How much time should we give the puppy before she's made my house look like a hurricane of paper scraps hit? (She gets into the recycling).

This was actually one thing in my quest for inner peace. Inner peace apparently likes clean floors.

My son does that. Tears up paper absent-mindedly and I find it all over the house. Who needs a puppy for that? :LOL:

• Like 6

I am tired. I ought to go to bed, but I probably messed up by having caffeine way too late in the day. Therefore, it's possible that I'll show up here around two in the morning, introspecting.

The boy build a fire in his "caldera" down by the creek. It's quite a nice little volcano and it makes him happy.

I attempted to figure out what an agent might mean when they say, "a clear cut and paste job in the email" and after numerous attempts to replicate what that might look like, I'm at a loss. Perhaps they mean that the writer didn't take the time to ensure that the formatting was prepared to read easily in email?  :mellow:

• Like 3

I picture your place as an awesome place to be a kid outdoors, Critter. :)

If you bathe in Off during the summer. I'm already warning the boys that tick checks must now be conducted whenever they come inside.

ETA: Disease vectors and poisonous snakes notwithstanding, it IS a great place to be a kid outdoors, I think. 

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

I think I figured out what the agents mean. I'm good. I format for the loss of paragraph indention prior to cut and paste, then go through the email to ensure there is plenty of white space to make reading easy. 

Whew! The agent wasn't talking about me. I didn't send to this agent, but still...

• Like 3

The girl I'm training was supposed to come in this morning to practice the one of the 5 things she's learned to do but couldn't figure it out so she went home. Pastor doesn't want to pay to keep training her in the same thing over and over. Well boss, I have a solution.

• Like 6

Hey Spud, can you tell me how much math (if any) Conceptual Physical Science uses? My impression was not much in the way of manipulations, but I did think it involved some plug-in-the-formula stuff... but now on another thread regentrude is saying no math whatsoever, but then when asked she said she'd gotten rid of the book, so, who knows (I figure, you know, since you have the book). 

More memories from past anniversaries:

ITT

How happy this group has grown

Ramblin’ in this thread alone

Expressing one’s hope, another’s fear

Offered up for help to bear

Each member plays but one tiny part

Daily love to the others to impart

And members, in order to stay carefree,

Know not to go swimming in the sea.

ikslo

• Like 10

Goodnight from the East Coast, ITT!

Here's to another year of friendship, fellowship, ramblings, booyahs, and COFFEE!

:cheers2:

ETA: oxford comma.  Because we have standards to uphold around here, people.

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 6

I have a new plan for improving my adulting skills. I broke down my step goal into hourly benchmarks, and set up Google calendar alerts ( that get pushed to my Fitbit). Every hour, if I'm not where I'm supposed to be, I take a break from what I'm doing and walk around cleaning until I reach my benchmark. Hopefully, this will help me reach my step goals and have a cleaner house.

What plan?

• Like 5