Menu

Ignore this thread!

We had pizza.

Me: What kind of pizza do you boys want for dinner?

Captain Mal: Pepperoni

Weapon X: Cheese with hamburger

Me: Okay, we need one medium pepperoni and one hamburger, please.

Weapon X: Are you kidding me? I said I wanted CHEESE with hamburger ON it!

Me: If you put hamburger on it, it becomes a HAMBURGER pizza!

• Like 3

I paid bills today, but completely forgot a car repair appointment I'd rescheduled for today because of the storm yesterday.

In fairness to myself, everything in the universe was canceled today, so my normal routine was totally off. For all I know, the car place didn't open today either. 

But still.  I do believe I am losing my mind.   :willy_nilly:

• Like 3

We had pizza.

Actually, a CHEESEBURGER pizza.  :laugh:

• Like 3

The only attention I gave to pi today was to ask DW when she announced the $3000/year raise, if she could go back and tell management to make it $3141.59 for pi day's sake. But, she said that apparently she'd gotten it a few days ago, and that her boss had only emailed it to her today because she hadn't been in to the office in days, but that the letter was waiting on her desk. 

She really should go to work more often. 

• Like 3

I kind of want to throw more school at the kids so they'll quit playing really noisily in the living room right near me. 

#whateverworks

(and no, not going to do it, because dinner should be ready soon, plus I'm not feeling good now... probably finally getting some of those med side effects)

Edpo (Greek content):

The Greek I had ordered was for me so I needed more for John but not $50 worth for free shipping. I had contemplated buying stuff for next year but I didn't want to if I didn't have to. I got an email that Christian Book was doing free shipping for $35 but I only had $32 worth so I got a humble little hardback Greek New Testament. I've been wanting one but couldn't justify the purchase, but spending $10 on something I wanted instead of $8 on shipping was a good excuse. :D

• Like 4

Edpo (Greek content):

The Greek I had ordered was for me so I needed more for John but not $50 worth for free shipping. I had contemplated buying stuff for next year but I didn't want to if I didn't have to. I got an email that Christian Book was doing free shipping for $35 but I only had $32 worth so I got a humble little hardback Greek New Testament. I've been wanting one but couldn't justify the purchase, but spending $10 on something I wanted instead of $8 on shipping was a good excuse. :D

None of that looked like Greek to me. 

• Like 2

Baby is nursing.

Dh is at a church related meeting.

Dd14 and ds12 are at church youth group.

I found out this evening that dd10 got accepted into a charter school that is just up the road from us. We'll go tour it before deciding but I'm tempted to let her try it out--she's been wanting something more than what she is getting at home.

• Like 4

OK, fine. I'm making a pie. I'm giving in to societal pressure to celebrate this mathematically contrived holiday.

It's Lemon Meringue.

:D

Dd11 asked why on earth we would celebrate a day of math and I said it's only because of pie. Otherwise there would be no point.

We are eating Critter's Buttermilk Pie with whipped cream and raspberries and there are all kinds of yummy noises going on here. ðŸ‘

• Like 3

We had pizza.

Wouldn't that be a cheeseburger pizza?

Archived well wishes from the past:

On this fine morning in history, I stand before you all to say thank you. Thank you for being awesome elephant ninja chicks. Thank you for making me laugh at loud, or at least chuckle under my breath often. Thank you for being as close to sisters as one can have in a non-IRL relationship.

You are all beautiful, sweet, smart, and wicked cool, and my life is better for having known you.

I think sometimes today everyone should post their speech. And we need cupcakes. And champagne. (N/A for those who abstain, of course.) And SWB should definitely stop by... Because we are apparently all her besties

:wub: to all! (Professormom)

• Like 10

I paid bills today, but completely forgot a car repair appointment I'd rescheduled for today because of the storm yesterday.

In fairness to myself, everything in the universe was canceled today, so my normal routine was totally off. For all I know, the car place didn't open today either. 

But still.  I do believe I am losing my mind.   :willy_nilly:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I'm right there with you.  This weekend we visit with family for niblings' and one SIL's birthdays.  It will be a different hectic, but I hope it will make a nice change of pace.  I'm still trying to get Dad's tax stuff sent off to his tax accountant, and DH reminded me I hadn't yet turned off Dad's auto insurance after we sold his van.   :banghead:   I still need to pester the utilities about getting refund checks of the positive balances he had with them.

The only attention I gave to pi today was to ask DW when she announced the $3000/year raise, if she could go back and tell management to make it $3141.59 for pi day's sake. But, she said that apparently she'd gotten it a few days ago, and that her boss had only emailed it to her today because she hadn't been in to the office in days, but that the letter was waiting on her desk. 

She really should go to work more often. 

I still think it is worth asking, though!

• Like 1

Edpo (Greek content):

That makes the net cost to you of that item a mere $2, which is a good value.  See how smart you are?

• Like 1

:D

Dd11 asked why on earth we would celebrate a day of math and I said it's only because of pie. Otherwise there would be no point.

We are eating Critter's Buttermilk Pie with whipped cream and raspberries and there are all kinds of yummy noises going on here. ðŸ‘

DD13 made a butterscotch pie, but she forgot to stir the butterscotch chips into the filling when she cooked it.  Instead we sprinkled them on top and watched them melt a little.  The extra pie filling went into a glass bowl, and she stirred butterscotch chips into that, so there is butterscotch pudding.  

• Like 1

I met a new neighbor today- at least the top four inches of his head which is all that I could see over the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is his name Wilson?

• Like 5

Good morning. It's cold. I'm tired of winter, but we ought to get a taste of spring today. The boy left his adult cactus plants out last night, but I think they will be fine. Cactus tend to be pretty hardy plants.

I'm out of likes. Story of my life. 

• Like 3

Happy Ignoriversary to all.

I met friends for coffee last night & it was lovely. Today

school

groceries

phone call

piano lesson

consignment sale

and why is naptime not a thing at my house ever ever? (Answer: my child's unfortunate tendency to take after his mother. :glare:  )

• Like 7

Because Dad knew I was going to order him some new pants (just one pair, to see if the new size fits!) he started giving away several pair of his current pants.  He lost track of how many of his pants were "out" (being altered by MIL, or being washed by me), and left himself only 4 pair or so, and it looks like he kept all of the stained ones.

I have now ordered Dad 3 pair of new pants, the new size in 3 different trousers.  Once I see them on him I'll order more of whichever he likes best.

I have reminded him that it was MIL, not a hired tailor or seamstress, that was working on ONE pair of his pants.

Some of his revised history I let him keep revised because those details don't really matter and he has them firmly stuck in his head that way.  Other details I correct as politicly as I can as needed.  Thankfully the bulk of people there understand.  

I need to schedule in desk time each week, or my new desk set-up is rapidly going to become buried.  I deployed another wall organizer, so now I have 9 pockets just for Dad Project stuff, 2 pockets for sibling stuff, and 3 pockets for me.  I MUST get the file drawers in order before these pockets fill!  (And these aren't even enough pockets....)

• Like 2

Today: 

• take Dad for a haircut
  • have DH go over to Dad's this evening after packages arrive, to hook up the tuner to the non-TV we installed two evenings ago
  • get everything ready for visiting with family this weekend
  • ham for supper
  • try to get those tax papers sent out
  • find Dad's automotive insurance and cancel it
  • what else am I forgetting?
  • Like 2