Menu

Ignore this thread!

Nope. They are still hiding from me. I ought to go dig up the garden.

Run, seed packet, run!  Critter's gonna find you there!  Try hiding under her car seat!

• Like 4

Oh, that’s smart! That’s a good plan...

That's what all of the public schools around here are doing now.  They wised up that the students aren't quite as stuporous if the DST change is at the START of spring break.  Here in this house we are having spring break, too, because all of the cousins are having spring break.  At least it gives me some time to get a few other things done.

• Like 1

That's what all of the public schools around here are doing now. They wised up that the students aren't quite as stuporous if the DST change is at the START of spring break. Here in this house we are having spring break, too, because all of the cousins are having spring break. At least it gives me some time to get a few other things done.

Our public school does this too, which is exactly why I don't schedule spring break for the week after DST. I would rather sleep in and have some later lessons than deal with all the peopley people.

• Like 4

Our public school does this too, which is exactly why I don't schedule spring break for the week after DST. I would rather sleep in and have some later lessons than deal with all the peopley people.

Hah! All the people people. That is my problem exactly.

• Like 1

Imma blow the roof off sneezing today. :glare:

Twinsies!!!!

Monday while I was visiting Dad I sneezed several times -- VERY loud.  Dad looked a little astonished, and I said, "I get them from you.  You know I do."  He acknowledged that yeah, I DO take after him.   :laugh:

• Like 4

IEW question.

I was going to get John and me each a theme based book (Bible Heroes & Fables) and work on them together next year. I realized it might be obnoxious teaching one text while working in another when the point is for us to be writing together so I think I'll get one text and share. Is that ridiculous? He is not the type to compare his writing to mine and be discouraged.

Hmmmm. I vote work from the same one to spread out costs if you're sure it won't inhibit or discourage him.

• Like 2

All the people people

All those pesky people

All the people people

All those pesky people

No-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!

No-o-o-o-o I won't go!

'Cause in the crowds there's just too much all around me

Want a ring of elbow space all around me

Can't get any breathing space around me

No more crowds, no more folks, no!  I just won't go!

• Like 4

Where did the puppy hide my shoe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In her special find-it-again spot.  Now you just need to both learn "hunt-fetch!" so she knows you want her to bring it to you.

DH's family had a dog when he was growing up that would always "find" MIL's wallet and keep it safe for her.  He KNEW she was going to need it, so he was ready to bring it to her when she did.

• Like 2

Dd was ill through the night. Other dd wet her bed for the first time in a long time and the waterproof layers on her bed failed. I have a lot of laundry ahead of me today.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope everyone gets better soon.

• Like 1

In her special find-it-again spot.  Now you just need to both learn "hunt-fetch!" so she knows you want her to bring it to you.

DH's family had a dog when he was growing up that would always "find" MIL's wallet and keep it safe for her.  He KNEW she was going to need it, so he was ready to bring it to her when she did.

I just found it = carefully tucked behind the cat tree. 

• Like 4

I'm going to kvetch.  Our back yard was totally overgrown.  And every day I was hacking away at it while going out with puppy for her potty breaks.  It was slow and steady but I was proud of myself cuz I was conquering something.  Then dd and dh went out and in two long days cleared the entire yard.  And I feel deflated.  They can always do everything longer and better.  (I know that this is a bit petty but they did the same with the Schoolroom of Doom.) 

• Like 3

I had two separate dreams of Matt driving us off a cliff. This is an accurate assessment of our marriage right now.

The puppy is growing. I want her to grow but I also want her to stay small and fuzzy. That’s how I felt about my human puppies too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other day we were doing memory work on the couch and Alex annoys Mooies to no end with hair pulling and licking and kicking and all the things that rabid monkeys do so she curled up into a little ball on the couch arm and was smaller than the arm. She's so little!

Hmmmm. I vote work from the same one to spread out costs if you're sure it won't inhibit or discourage him.

It's only a $30 savings. My concern is having to work with him on one story while I work on another. I think I'll just get the fable one for both of us.
  • Like 2

Happy Snow Day #2!  Total is probably close to 2 feet... I haven't heard anything official yet though.

Dh jokes that he's semi-retired now.  Working/shoveling from home again, because company can't open doors until afternoon.

We are still doing school at home, but all our outside things are cancelled (and Wednesday is a big peopley people day) so I'm enjoying the relaxed schedule.

COFFEE!

• Like 6

I wish that all of my peoply people would go away.  This is the second week that ds has been home since his accident.  I still have to take him for daily treatments.  And otherwise he hides in his room but he's in my space!  And dh is here for a staycation this week.  He's "attending" a seminar that is streaming daily so he's down in his study but he's still in my space!  And dd is here of course.  Everyone go away! 

• Like 5

I just found it = carefully tucked behind the cat tree. 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

She will know that she will need other spots in which to safeguard things, too.  Please let us know when you discover more of them.  Puppies of all ages can be quite ingenious!  

I'm going to kvetch.  Our back yard was totally overgrown.  And every day I was hacking away at it while going out with puppy for her potty breaks.  It was slow and steady but I was proud of myself cuz I was conquering something.  Then dd and dh went out and in two long days cleared the entire yard.  And I feel deflated.  They can always do everything longer and better.  (I know that this is a bit petty but they did the same with the Schoolroom of Doom.) 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I'm sorry.  It's rough to have one's visible progress obliterated, even if it was done intending to be helpful.

Now, can they maintain it?  Are there things that can be done during potty breaks to keep it from overgrowing again?

• Like 1

I do understand your frustration, Jean.

But mostly I am just consumed with envy at the thought of DH and DD willingly doing anything resembling household chores.

• Like 7

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I'm sorry.  It's rough to have one's visible progress obliterated, even if it was done intending to be helpful.

Now, can they maintain it?  Are there things that can be done during potty breaks to keep it from overgrowing again?

Oh, there is tons more to do.  Some can't be done until the yard waste is picked up.  Some can be done - like digging up the blackberry roots (invasive in our area) so that they won't keep taking over here. 

• Like 1

Oh, and random factoid: yesterday I read in a book that Americans spend on average 3% of their income on education, whereas the Japanese spend 15%. It's not that all the Japanese kids go to private school (most don't), but a lot do go to juku, which are afterschool programs, which can cost quite a lot. Somehow, DW was not amused when I suggested last night that we *could* spend over $11k on education per year...

It does make me feel better about our educational spending, in that I don't feel completely unjustified for spending a ton on curricula etc. 

(In reality, if I got a minimum wage job I'd make over $11k/year, so, in effect, we *are* spending over $11k on education/year in foregone wages, but let's not think about that.)

• Like 8

Japanese proverb: 塵もç©ã‚‚ã‚Œã°ã€å±±ã¨ãªã‚‹

Even dust, when piled up, will become a mountain.

Me gusta. Reminded me immediately of Festina lente.

Quadrilingual Booya! :svengo:

Edited by Slache
  • Like 8

I don't know what happened to me.  I woke up in a good mood.  But then I looked around at all the mess and the tackle list, which just says to "keep plugging" because I'm so far behind on things that I suddenly felt like the ground opened up under me and I was falling into a great abyss of gloom and doom.  But I can't stay there.  It doesn't help anyone and it gets everyone in the house in a bad mood.  So. . . .    one, two, three. . .   let's just do the next thing . . . keep plugging. . .   keep swimming. . . . keep on keeping on. . . .

The first thing I'm going to do is to throw a load of laundry in the washing machine because part of my bad mood is due to having to wear my "ugly pants that can't be trusted to stay up on my booty" because everything else is dirty. 

• Like 8

I can't say how much we spend on education. Is our Bible instruction part of school or something we would do anyway? What about music? Or our good books? These things are important to me and while you would call them part of our curriculum they are things we would buy if the kids went to school. I dare not count the cost of everything we've bought for education in this house for I would probably cry.

• Like 4

Can I call mine a Slurpee?  I grew up with 7-11 being the only source in town, and everyone called the slushes Slurpees.

#oldhabitsdiehard

You can call it a Slurpee but if I actually hear you slurping, I'll take it away. #mean

• Like 4

:grouphug:

• Like 1

I dreamed that Baby was gifted a bunny and we stuck it on a shelf and forgot to feed it or give it water.  :crying: Poor dream bunny.

Next, in the same dream, we were going somewhere and switching vehicles. I kept telling people not to forget to get Baby into the new car and we get down the road and realize Baby was left, drive back, and see that the car with Baby has been towed.

I think I'm trying to tell myself something!

• Like 5

Math word problem: If the Plan B instructions say it prevents 7 out of 8 women who would've gotten pregnant from getting pregnant, and if the odds of getting pregnant at 33yo are something along the lines of 25% per cycle while not using protection, then what are the odds of getting pregnant if the condom went MIA and had to be retrieved from way far in?

If I did the math right, 3.125%, right? 

Now, I think the real odds are lower than that... DW's sperm count was pretty crappy before she ever started her transition, and while she hasn't been on hormones in a while, I doubt that her sperm count is higher now (it took 9 months to get pregnant with Celery and that was when the odds per cycle should've been more like 35% - oh, and my gynecologist thinks I might have some anovulatory cycles). Also, 25% chance per cycle is not the same as 25% per activity... probably a slightly lower chance for just the one time (and, a lot was still in the condom). If you want to giggle you can imagine a transwoman walking into a pharmacy late at night to buy Plan B... that probably was funny for the store clerk (if they realized DW is trans... she passes the vast majority of the time, so, probably not as funny).

Major downside is that I ended up staying up way later than intended (there are no 24 hour pharmacies near us), so my morning has been a complete loss.

Imma blow the roof off sneezing today. :glare:

Go for the record!

...All the peopley people, where do they all come from....

:D

Dd was ill through the night. Other dd wet her bed for the first time in a long time and the waterproof layers on her bed failed. I have a lot of laundry ahead of me today.

:(

• Like 1

We are getting so much more money back on taxes than ever and than expected that I'm afraid we did something wrong and/or we'll be audited. We've double and triple checked and everything seems right, but it feels wrong. Adding Baby shouldn't have made such a big difference. We've added kids before- even 2 in one year- and never saw a bump like this. 

And DH got a quote on fixing our nasty patchy grass and I think I must make landscaping my new hobby. Who knew it was SO expensive just to make a yard look boring? I told DH we should get rid of the grass and cover it with rocks, or fill it in with shrubs and a ground cover or something, but he thinks I'm joking. He doesn't appreciate my fantastic out of the box ideas.  :glare: They aren't even mowing the grass for us- it's just to put seed down for the patchy places and make the grass boringly normal and green.

• Like 1

I was going to get John and me each a theme based book (Bible Heroes & Fables) and work on them together next year. I realized it might be obnoxious teaching one text while working in another when the point is for us to be writing together so I think I'll get one text and share. Is that ridiculous? He is not the type to compare his writing to mine and be discouraged.

Broccoli has been bringing me stories he wrote, and has been nagging me to write a story for him too. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I should. Either way, point is that at least some kids want their parents to write stuff and share it with them.

You guys are boring!

Trying hard to not be boring this morning afternoon. Oh, and that was our first failure ever, but hopefully this will help with the convincing DW to just get the snip snip done.

• Like 2

Math word problem: If the Plan B instructions say it prevents 7 out of 8 women who would've gotten pregnant from getting pregnant, and if the odds of getting pregnant at 33yo are something along the lines of 25% per cycle while not using protection, then what are the odds of getting pregnant if the condom went MIA and had to be retrieved from way far in?

If I did the math right, 3.125%, right? 

:grouphug:

• Like 1