• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

Jean, I'm so glad to hear about the accident report and that your MIL is OK to go back home.

Who on earth names their kid Mooies Elizabethtown Kentucky LastName? Oh, I know, Slash!

Just wait until she has to enter that on the ACT bubble sheet! :D

Hugs and loves and cheers all around as needed.

This has been a Mondayest Tuesday, but we are getting through it. (Even the cat is grumpier than usual.) We missed piano because some are sick. We are missing TKD because one is sick. We are getting more snow. Soccer is canceled. :willy_nilly:

(((Sick People)))

So, I survived the inauguration of Family Time Spanish. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I hope the families did too...

ðŸ‘

I would do ANYTHING for love...

...but I won't do that!

Quoting myself to say that tuna was 1 can for one dollar today at Safeway. I used 3 cans in my tuna loaf. Plus a package of gf crackers, some milk, some melted butter, onion, salt and pepper all mixed together.

Actually, I think my kids would love this. Do you have more specific measurements of stuff, and baking and stuff?

Yay, Jeannie!!! I didn't even get half way today.

I only got my steps in because the University where ds13 takes cello lessons has beautiful gardens and fountains and they just stuck in the tulips, so I made myself walk around the campus while I waited for his lesson to be done. Then I walked around the building of the Other University a couple times while everyone was in orchestra class. It's cold but the sun was out. Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

Jean, I'm so glad to hear about the accident report and that your MIL is OK to go back home.

Just wait until she has to enter that on the ACT bubble sheet! :D

(((Sick People)))

[emoji106]

...but I won't do that!

Actually, I think my kids would love this. Do you have more specific measurements of stuff, and baking and stuff?

I only got my steps in because the University where ds13 takes cello lessons has beautiful gardens and fountains and they just stuck in the tulips, so I made myself walk around the campus while I waited for his lesson to be done. Then I walked around the building of the Other University a couple times while everyone was in orchestra class. It's cold but the sun was out.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix:

3 cans tuna

2 cups crackers (I used gf but it doesn’t have to be)

1/2 c milk (I used almond but again it doesn’t have to be)

1 tbs melted butter or margarine

1 beaten egg

1/2 c chopped onions if you want

Salt and pepper

Put in greased loaf pan.

Bake 40 minutes.

• Like 5

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix:

3 cans tuna

2 cups crackers (I used gf but it doesn’t have to be)

1/2 c milk (I used almond but again it doesn’t have to be)

1 tbs melted butter or margarine

1 beaten egg

1/2 c chopped onions if you want

Salt and pepper

Put in greased loaf pan.

Bake 40 minutes.

Oh, so kind of like salmon patties, but using tuna. And a loaf pan.

• Like 4

Do you have a grill?  Googling "baking on the grill" gets a lot of suggestions.  I'm not sure how DH did it, though I expect it was one of these ways.  When I was pregnant and nauseated and any smells would set me off he did ALL of the cooking outside on the grill, even soup and baked goods.

I like cooking on a grill. A bigger grill to cook whole meals is on my mental wish list.

• Like 2

If all the Beethoven notes counted as steps, I'd have at least 30,000 from tonight!

Speaking of notes, Gymnast has bypassed my knowledged of the violin. I was keeping up with her for a while, but she picked up three new notes almost each lesson she has had, and...I haven't. She has to learn to read the notes though, because in a couple of pages, the letters disappear in the book. I can at least read notes, as illiterate as I am. I mostly play by ear.

So, anyway, she has been teaching, and reteaching me the notes on the strings. And since only so much will fit in my tired/busy/pea brain at any one time, I continue to remember only one or two. She likes being teacher. And it's good for her anyway.

• Like 6

I can’t sleep. Daylight saving time is butt.

How can it be Wednesday already? :willy_nilly:

Good morning!

Happy Pi Day!

Jean, are you using the big or little cans of tuna?

Go Gymnast, Go! Great job!

Daylight Saving. :glare:

Coffee!

Preach it!  

(Note to self for next year..... the week after Daylight Savings Time would be an excellent time to take spring break....)

• Like 5

IEW question.

I was going to get John and me each a theme based book (Bible Heroes & Fables) and work on them together next year. I realized it might be obnoxious teaching one text while working in another when the point is for us to be writing together so I think I'll get one text and share. Is that ridiculous? He is not the type to compare his writing to mine and be discouraged.

• Like 1

So major breakthrough this morning. Ds13 has, for years now, refused to eat granola with his yogurt for breakfast. Which was fine. He always had cheerios instead. But this morning, he said he especially loved the granola crust of the yogurt "pie". And was rather surprised when I told him it is exactly the same granola we have every week, just stuck on the bottom of a pie plate. :D

• Like 9

Ain't it the truth? 

Mine mostly want to learn only the things that are wondrous to them at the time. Like how to play golf. And how to survive a rampaging volcano. Not at the same time.

Oh, but why not?  That would make one heck of a golf hazard!  Nope, you have to play the ball where it lies!  Get into that lava flow or take the penalty!

• Like 4

If you were a fairly large package containing a variety of pepper seeds, where would you have hidden yourself to avoid being planted? I've checked the usual hiding spots.

I'd crawl into a recently-dug hole and pull some grass and dirt over me.  You would never think of looking for me there, would you?

• Like 3

Oh, but why not?  That would make one heck of a golf hazard!  Nope, you have to play the ball where it lies!  Get into that lava flow or take the penalty!

Now see, even I'd watch the Masters if it looked like that. :laugh:  

• Like 4

DH got me a Margaritaville for Christmas and my first attempts in Dec were disappointing. I wanted it to make smoothies and icees, not alcoholic drinks, fwiw. I'm addicted to cold, icy, sweet drinks like Icees, frappucinnos, frozen lemonade, slushies, etc. After being sad about it for a few months and googling and getting no help, and thinking I'd have to make pity slushies to make DH feel better about the gift, I suddenly realized how to fix it! I made quite literally the most perfect icees at home tonight! T :hurray: They were better than straight from the icee machine and I can make them in any flavor I want and I only need to plan ahead a few minutes. 

Knock off icees make Mondays better!

Can I call mine a Slurpee?  I grew up with 7-11 being the only source in town, and everyone called the slushes Slurpees.

#oldhabitsdiehard

• Like 2

But I shouldn’t have to deal with this at all and I’m worried they’re going to just screw us over anyway.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:   That was quite stinky of them!

I am having a nice, hot bath. I'm so mad. We've been trying to have this neighborhood Bible club since Christmas break. This is spring break, and the lady who wants to have it can't have it in her yard because her husband said no.

So I said we could use our yard, and my neighbor said we could uae hers. Only front yards and no one is coming inside the houses.

It starts tomorrow. We already cut it down to two days due to my work schedule.

I TOTALLY forgot dh will be composting, mulching, and seeding our front yard tomorrow!!

And my neighbor will probably do the same to her front yard, since dh is getting her compost and mulch when he gets ours!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

It’s been a tough night. Lots of waking, pain etc. Then the phone rang at 6 am from the nursing home. Dh told me to let the answering machine get it because they usually call to notify us of nothing important . So I did. Then they rang again less than a minute later. I picked up that time. MIL has been taken to the hospital. But it must not be important because dh has rolled over to go back to sleep. I am going to try doing the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We are having a lazy morning here. One dd is running a fever and the other is super snuggly.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Get better, DD!

Let's all Booya(h) her better!  Boo-YAH!  Boo-YA!  Boe-JA!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 5

ETA: This is a writerly Whine-Po

So today I'm puttering around the lake, looking for agents to hook with my query and I find THE PERFECT AGENT! Wishlist is tailor made for me and my novel. I get all set to start working out the details of what he wants to see in the query, synopsis and so forth.

Then...

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

He's in the UK. Most of them won't look at a US author because US authors are better served by US agents.

:sad: There's no rule saying I can't query, but it won't come to anything. Almost bawling right now because this is the second time in the last two weeks that I've wanted a UK agent. The first time was a wonderful fantasy book I read that was so well-done that I checked out both author and agent. Yep. Both in the UK.

Sigh.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Will you consider querying anyway?  Just in case he's an exception?

• Like 1

In today's episode of "how to own a house and have no money", we had the HVAC guys and a couple of arborists out today.  During the servicing of the furnace, we discovered the capacitor was failing. Thankfully that was a $12 part, and he took care of it. 

I have two 4-story tall trees that need to come down because they are unstable. The first bid was for $3600.  :svengo:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Nevermind.  The vote is in for my tuna loaf.  And sides of course. 

Recipe please?  If you haven't shared it already?

It’s almost four and LL has yet to crack open WWS. The assignment? Organize the notes chronolgically, make an outline of them, then write them up into a five paragraph essay. :svengo: I know I should use my mom authority to break this assignment up but dang I just want to get this book finished before July and it’s partly her own fault for dragging her feet all day but also partly my fault for letting her... ugh...

:grouphug:

We had kerosene heaters which gave me a headache.  At night we had no heat.  I woke up one morning and my bird was frozen to death in the cage next to me. 

:crying:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Dd is pretty lethargic; she hasn’t made it out of bed except to take a bath. I don’t medicate fevers, as I prefer the body burn the germs out.

I suspect she will be fine by tomorrow as she has no sore throat or ear pain. She was complaining of a tummy ache but has no flank tenderness and hasn’t thrown up. I think her immune system is just working overtime learning all of the new germs here. Dh was up with her through the night to try to shield me as I am on immunosuppressants. Dd has had to stay in her room and ds has been bringing her liquids. Hopefully she is back to school tomorrow.