Menu

Ignore this thread!

:willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:

Never mind me. I always get like this before teaching a new class. Counting down: 1 hour, 20 minutes...

I’d ask how it went, but I’m sure you did marvelously!

ETA just saw - see, I knew it.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 3

What the Hades is tuna loaf?

"How did you accidentally punch Mary's hand?" "I was playing the piano with my fists-" "DON'T EVER PLAY THE PIANO LIKE THAT AGAIN!"

I have to put Elementary Greek and Japanese From Zero into ANKI. I need another back injury or something.

What the Hades is tuna loaf?

"How did you accidentally punch Mary's hand?" "I was playing the piano with my fists-" "DON'T EVER PLAY THE PIANO LIKE THAT AGAIN!"

I have to put Elementary Greek and Japanese From Zero into ANKI. I need another back injury or something.

It's like meatloaf but with tuna.  It is left over from my childhood of 50's food.  I have fond memories of it and so do my children.  Gourmet, it is not. 

• Like 3

It's like meatloaf but with tuna. It is left over from my childhood of 50's food. I have fond memories of it and so do my children. Gourmet, it is not.

Tuna's not cheap though, compared to ground beef. I don't understand why you would do this. Did it used to be cheaper? Or cheaper in Japan? I feel like it would be more expensive than meatloaf.

• Like 1

Dd is pretty lethargic; she hasn’t made it out of bed except to take a bath. I don’t medicate fevers, as I prefer the body burn the germs out.

I suspect she will be fine by tomorrow as she has no sore throat or ear pain. She was complaining of a tummy ache but has no flank tenderness and hasn’t thrown up. I think her immune system is just working overtime learning all of the new germs here. Dh was up with her through the night to try to shield me as I am on immunosuppressants. Dd has had to stay in her room and ds has been bringing her liquids. Hopefully she is back to school tomorrow.

• Like 1

Dd is pretty lethargic; she hasn’t made it out of bed except to take a bath. I don’t medicate fevers, as I prefer the body burn the germs out.

I suspect she will be fine by tomorrow as she has no sore throat or ear pain. She was complaining of a tummy ache but has no flank tenderness and hasn’t thrown up. I think her immune system is just working overtime learning all of the new germs here. Dh was up with her through the night to try to shield me as I am on immunosuppressants. Dd has had to stay in her room and ds has been bringing her liquids. Hopefully she is back to school tomorrow.

:grouphug:

May it pass swiftly.

• Like 1

Jean, that is an incredibly sad story. Many :grouphug: to you. :crying:

It's the glamorous life of a missionary kid. . .     Now of course, there are a lot of amenities not available in my youth.  Cuz old.  We did have electric blankets.  Our worst threat as siblings was to threaten to turn off each other's electric blankets.  Then we would fly to guard our own switches to our blanket. 

• Like 4

I don't know what to make for dinner tonight.  It can't have dairy.  Or gluten.  Or nightshades.  Sigh.  We had homemade gf pizza last night (with a choice of toppings, including no tomato sauce and no cheese).  We each had our own portion of the pizza with our own toppings. It was yummy. 

Salmon buglama:

http://alandivack.blogspot.com/2011/04/one-of-worlds-best-salmon-dishes-salmon.html

Works with frozen.

Serve over boiled potatoes.

• Like 1

Finally got the other guy's insurance information for ds' accident.  Along with that was the officer's on scene report - the one where he asked the driver about what color the light was when he blasted through it.  The other guy said "what signal?"  I think that this clearly shows that ds (who was well aware that there was a signal and that he had a green arrow) was not at fault.  Which is what we've been praying for. 

:hurray:  :party:  :hurray:

• Like 1

Jean, I'm so glad to hear about the accident report and that your MIL is OK to go back home.

Who on earth names their kid Mooies Elizabethtown Kentucky LastName? Oh, I know, Slash!

Just wait until she has to enter that on the ACT bubble sheet! :D

Hugs and loves and cheers all around as needed.

This has been a Mondayest Tuesday, but we are getting through it. (Even the cat is grumpier than usual.) We missed piano because some are sick. We are missing TKD because one is sick. We are getting more snow. Soccer is canceled. :willy_nilly:

(((Sick People)))

So, I survived the inauguration of Family Time Spanish. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I hope the families did too...

ðŸ‘

I would do ANYTHING for love...

...but I won't do that!

Quoting myself to say that tuna was 1 can for one dollar today at Safeway. I used 3 cans in my tuna loaf. Plus a package of gf crackers, some milk, some melted butter, onion, salt and pepper all mixed together.

Actually, I think my kids would love this. Do you have more specific measurements of stuff, and baking and stuff?

Yay, Jeannie!!! I didn't even get half way today.

I only got my steps in because the University where ds13 takes cello lessons has beautiful gardens and fountains and they just stuck in the tulips, so I made myself walk around the campus while I waited for his lesson to be done. Then I walked around the building of the Other University a couple times while everyone was in orchestra class. It's cold but the sun was out. Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6