Menu

Ignore this thread!

Yeah, iirc I've read the entire book, and there's a brief blurb about the Civil War that needs some further discussion as well. 

ETA: removed quote because you said don't quote me... not sure that's what you meant, but anyway. 

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 2

DH got me a Margaritaville for Christmas and my first attempts in Dec were disappointing. I wanted it to make smoothies and icees, not alcoholic drinks, fwiw. I'm addicted to cold, icy, sweet drinks like Icees, frappucinnos, frozen lemonade, slushies, etc. After being sad about it for a few months and googling and getting no help, and thinking I'd have to make pity slushies to make DH feel better about the gift, I suddenly realized how to fix it! I made quite literally the most perfect icees at home tonight! T :hurray: They were better than straight from the icee machine and I can make them in any flavor I want and I only need to plan ahead a few minutes. 

Knock off icees make Mondays better!

• Like 9

DH got me a Margaritaville for Christmas and my first attempts in Dec were disappointing. I wanted it to make smoothies and icees, not alcoholic drinks, fwiw. I'm addicted to cold, icy, sweet drinks like Icees, frappucinnos, frozen lemonade, slushies, etc. After being sad about it for a few months and googling and getting no help, and thinking I'd have to make pity slushies to make DH feel better about the gift, I suddenly realized how to fix it! I made quite literally the most perfect icees at home tonight! T :hurray: They were better than straight from the icee machine and I can make them in any flavor I want and I only need to plan ahead a few minutes. 

Knock off icees make Mondays better!

:drool5:

We might have to meet up again!

• Like 5

Ok, I made the yummies thing this afternoon. I am kind of dabbling with Trim Healthy Mama, and I made this Volcano Mud Slide Muffin (it’s not really a muffin, you eat it with a spoon, but it is this soft, mushy, warm chocolatey goodness) because I was having a bad day and needed chocolate. Ok, this is the bomb. And, I believe our GF friends can eat it, too

1 egg

1 T butter or coconut oil

Dash vanilla extract

2 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder

1 heaping Tbs. golden flax meal

4 1/2 - 5 tsp. Gentle Sweet (THM sweetener, I use Truvia baking blend that I make myself)

Pinch salt

Generous 1/2 tsp baking powder

2 Tbs. wAter

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients. Put into a well-greased ramekin and bake 8-10 minutes. Let cool. Eat directly from ramekin.

It is delicious.

And this is a yummy chocolatey Booya/h!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 8

Recipe for Scrambled Eggs by Candlelight

(serves 1, somewhat inadequately; cook time - 30 minutes)

1. Light a long-burning candle.

2. If necessary, Apologize to DH for using the only long-burning candle you can find, a Moss and Thyme scented soy one from Target. Because he hates the scent.

3. Place inverted colander over top the candle.

4. Find the broken stainless steel 1 cup measuring cup, and perch it on top of the inverted colander, directly over candle.

5. Throw pat of butter in measuring cup. Cover with tin foil

6. Allow to heat to a sizzle (about 9 minutes).

7. Add egg. Do not use milk because ain't nobody gonna open that fridge during this power outage!

8. Cover again.

9. Periodically check and scramble until egg has reached desired consistency (approximately 21 minutes).

10. Repeat six more times for six more eggs to feed six more bellies, because you only have one broken stainless steel 1 cup measuring cup. By the time you're done, DH may have actually succeeded in digging you out from the blizzard.

The bright side (other than looking directly at the flame): At least all your kids can eat egg.

• Like 6

Yeah, iirc I've read the entire book, and there's a brief blurb about the Civil War that needs some further discussion as well. 

ETA: removed quote because you said don't quote me... not sure that's what you meant, but anyway. 

LOL.  Thanks.  I meant, that I wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly, so don't hold me to it.  

• Like 3

Okay, so dh hadn't seen some of the Greatest Showman youtube videos, so we had to watch some of those.  Then we had to show him the Crosswalk Musical Greatest Showman with James Corden.  :laugh:  Then dd wanted to watch the Mary Poppins one.  :laugh:  Then I had to watch a couple of the carpool karaoke ones.  (Hamilton, Elton John....)  :laugh:  Nothing like music and laughter to make you feel warm and happy.   :laugh:

• Like 3

Also, could you buy a camping stove? Seems easier than the candlelight thing.

We had a wood stove when we lived in MA growing up. Works rather well for cooking, if you don’t mind walking up and down the stairs to use the sink and get supplies. Good workout.

One bad blizzard when we were out of power for a week, we were melting snow for our neighbors so they could flush their toilets. Good times. Good times.

• Like 4

Celery yelled at me that he didn't like my attitude, because I made him redo his grammar. There was an example, and he completely ignored the sample and did it all wrong. And by all, I just mean 4 sentences, hardly a ton of work. Sigh.

Solidarity.

DS isn’t too happy that he’s redoing his math. And yes, lack of desire to bother reading directions was most decidedly the cause.

• Like 4

LOL.  Thanks.  I meant, that I wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly, so don't hold me to it.  

Yeah, that's what I thought you meant, but then I was like, waaaaaait... maybe that's not what she meant. I figured it'd be better to err on the safe side. 

• Like 3

We had a wood stove when we lived in MA growing up. Works rather well for cooking, if you don’t mind walking up and down the stairs to use the sink and get supplies. Good workout.

One bad blizzard when we were out of power for a week, we were melting snow for our neighbors so they could flush their toilets. Good times. Good times.

And yet, in all my years growing up in the snow-buried mountains of northern New York, we never lost power for more than a couple of hours.  

Whatsupwiththat, Massachusetts?

Our neighbors down the road have exactly the same floorplan, but a wood stove installed where the original fireplace once was.  It can heat their entire house all winter.  We really considered one years ago.  But it would take a few years to pay for itself, and every year we think we are about to move.    :001_rolleyes:

• Like 5

I am having a nice, hot bath. I'm so mad. We've been trying to have this neighborhood Bible club since Christmas break. This is spring break, and the lady who wants to have it can't have it in her yard because her husband said no.

So I said we could use our yard, and my neighbor said we could uae hers. Only front yards and no one is coming inside the houses.

It starts tomorrow. We already cut it down to two days due to my work schedule.

I TOTALLY forgot dh will be composting, mulching, and seeding our front yard tomorrow!!

And my neighbor will probably do the same to her front yard, since dh is getting her compost and mulch when he gets ours!

Cannot like this.

That totally sucks.  Can dh flex on it?  

I'm outta likes, but I like y'all!

Kentucky really grows on you. It's a good place. Plus horsies.

Ducks are welcome at my house. It's not gonna be super warm, but we have power and no snow.

Yay for good surgery!

If all the Beethoven notes counted as steps, I'd have at least 30,000 from tonight!

iTired. G'night!

• Like 8

Recipe for Scrambled Eggs by Candlelight

(serves 1, somewhat inadequately; cook time - 30 minutes)

1.  Light a long-burning candle.

2.  If necessary, Apologize to DH for using the only long-burning candle you can find, a Moss and Thyme scented soy one from Target. Because he hates the scent.  

3.  Place inverted colander over top the candle.

4.  Find the broken stainless steel 1 cup measuring cup, and perch it on top of the inverted colander, directly over candle.

5.  Throw pat of butter in measuring cup.  Cover with tin foil

6.  Allow to heat to a sizzle (about 9 minutes).  

7.  Add egg.  Do not use milk because ain't nobody gonna open that fridge during this power outage!  

8.  Cover again. 

9.  Periodically check and scramble until egg has reached desired consistency (approximately 21 minutes).

10.  Repeat six more times for six more eggs to feed six more bellies, because you only have one broken stainless steel 1 cup measuring cup.  By the time you're done, DH may have actually succeeded in digging you out from the blizzard. 

:svengo:

• Like 2

Blizzard.  20 inches expected.

The electric company texted their standard-protocol mass-text to say Rest Assured We Have 100 Crews Mobilized and Prepared To Rescue You. 

That's 600 crews less than they had assured us about last week.  You know, last week -- when we were out of power for 2.5 days, huddling ourselves around candles in 40 degree temps.  :blink:

At least I know now how to make Scrambled Eggs by Candlelight.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Warm hugs!

• Like 1

Yay, Jean!

The spark module went out on the oven. Parts run $900-1000. We have to wait for the warranty company to approve repairs. I will probably be ovenless for another month.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Yay, Jean!

The spark module went out on the oven. Parts run $900-1000. We have to wait for the warranty company to approve repairs. I will probably be ovenless for another month.

Do you have a grill?  Googling "baking on the grill" gets a lot of suggestions.  I'm not sure how DH did it, though I expect it was one of these ways.  When I was pregnant and nauseated and any smells would set me off he did ALL of the cooking outside on the grill, even soup and baked goods.

• Like 2

iWalked! :svengo: My back hurts.

Jean, how's lower meds? I think that was yesterday. :leaving:

Spuds, call the peeps! You can check your phone bill to narrow down the call if that would help.

COFFEE! BIBLE! GREEK! SCHOOL PREP! Wait... that's not exciting.

I have a friend who lives in Elizabethtown, Kentucky.

Dat's Mooies' middle name!

I'm okay with Kentucky!   :D

I know! I keep thinking I could move 20 minutes from so and so and I'd see them all the time but I'm so much more of a flake in reality than fantasy. I've never even attempted to see Jean.

#badfriend

• Like 5

iWalked! :svengo: My back hurts.

Jean, how's lower meds? I think that was yesterday. :leaving:

Spuds, call the peeps! You can check your phone bill to narrow down the call if that would help.

COFFEE! BIBLE! GREEK! SCHOOL PREP! Wait... that's not exciting.

Dat's Mooies' middle name!

I know! I keep thinking I could move 20 minutes from so and so and I'd see them all the time but I'm so much more of a flake in reality than fantasy. I've never even attempted to see Jean.

#badfriend

I haven’t lowered the meds yet. I will have to sit down with my handy dandy pill splitter.

• Like 3

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: Spuds. Do you have the name of the person you spoke with in December? Whatever you could do to narrow it down would probably help. I know you've talked about it a lot here. I wonder if it's back in the ITT thread somewhere?

It’s been a tough night. Lots of waking, pain etc. Then the phone rang at 6 am from the nursing home. Dh told me to let the answering machine get it because they usually call to notify us of nothing important . So I did. Then they rang again less than a minute later. I picked up that time. MIL has been taken to the hospital. But it must not be important because dh has rolled over to go back to sleep. I am going to try doing the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Tuesday!!ðŸ‘

DD has a dentist appointment. Girls have tumbling.

I hope today is better than yesterday.

Prairie, looks like you are getting your money’s worth out of that home warranty. Hugs!!

Slashie, Kentucky is a lovely state. I did some volunteer work there back in the day.

((Jeannie)) Hope you can find time for rest today.

• Like 4

I can't tell if this booyah editing is working. At any rate, it's a

âš¡ï¸ Spudz Power âš¡ï¸ Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you