Menu

Ignore this thread!

Leftovers are my friend. I do like Lynn's plans though. I used to do freezer cooking until my freezer died. :crying:

:willy_nilly:

I'm sorry. We found a lot of freezers on Craisglist but I know you guys are saving up.

• Like 1

I tired. DH and I set up the temporary chicken pen. Now we just have to get the screen on the top and the chickens can have hawk-free outings without constant supervision. And I can see the pen from the house, but it was a lot of work and my back is going to hurt tomorrow. Because of work, no writing was done other than a little bit of work on the plot summary for the short story. One of my readers pounced me when she saw the manuscript in my stuff and demanded it so I will have to work extra hard to have it done in two weeks.

No more news on the query front. Still waiting on one agent to let me know if my query went through back in January. I talked shop with one of my beta readers about stories. Camp NaNo is coming.  :willy_nilly:

• Like 6

We’re having leftovers tonight. Tomorrow the girls will be monopolizing the kitchen for a project so it’ll be more leftovers, salad, or maybe pizza or some kind of take out. That’s as far ahead as I can plan.

• Like 3

Edpo! Save yourselves!

Bright! Shiny!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/444817.The_Trivium

I just downloaded this last night!

*Gasps*. I don’t know whether to be jealous, impressed, or creeped out by our mindmeld twininess.

You have to tell me if it’s awesome.

ITT mind meld. It's a thing.

I bought that book several years ago. I hope y’all like it. I didn’t make it through the first 10 pages.
  • Like 4

Last night I was so stressed about the cold that I was up every hour or two checking on the ducklings (who were in multiple layers of pj's and hats and socks and quilts).  Around 4, I found little ds3 totally uncovered with his hat off.  When I went to tuck him back in, he rolled over and said "Oh Mama, I sooooo cold." 

And he was.  It was heartbreaking.

He got to sleep with me and Daddy Duck the rest of the night.   :001_wub:   Wish we had a king sized bed.... I'd have liked to pile everyone in. 

Stuffing a family in a small bed is an art. Some head to toe, some sleep across the foot. Don't ask me how I know.

• Like 4

Elephant Ninja Brigade!  When someone does something stinky to an ITTer or anyone she cares about the ENB heads out to stomp and tromp and teach them some manners.  JJM is our weapons master.  She keeps us well supplied in bazookas, tanks, stompin' boots, etc.

And I am the founder and Head Ninja. Because I'm so stealthy.  :001_rolleyes:

• Like 6

Edpo! Avert thine eyes!

I’m looking at the online samples of Art of Argument and feeling kind of meh. It doesn’t seem like there’s going to be that much new after Fallacy Detective and all the questions seem like just comprehension, not much application. FD was all application, which was a ton of fun. So it leaves me wondering...if it’s not going to be that much fun anyway, maybe we should just do MP’s Traditional Logic. I looked at the online samples for that and was really impressed at the meat of it. But typical MP, not very attractive. It feels a little grinchy to put her in that after super silly FD.

I’m starting to feel more cautious with CAP materials in general. They are SO SO appealling to me, but they’ve been a letdown half the time.

VHSG had a teacher doing Traditional Logic when Dancer was in...I don't remember what grade. She almost died of boredom. I don't know if it was the teacher, just the book, or both together, but death by boredom was near. We never finished it. You might like it though.

• Like 2

I bought that book several years ago. I hope y’all like it. I didn’t make it through the first 10 pages.

'Tis a fear.

It's more important that you move so your family can eat.

Oh, yeah. That.

And I am the founder and Head Ninja. Because I'm so stealthy*.  :001_rolleyes:

*short

• Like 2

I have never seen Gone with the Wind.

I have seen Carol Burnett mock it, though. :)

It is an amazing movie, it really is. There is no one quite like Scarlett O’Hara, that’s for sure. Although in today’s political climate.... it wouldn’t surprise me if it soon got banned. But it was made in 1939.
  • Like 3

Edpo:

Because of some stuff on the high school board, I ended up looking up the admissions requirements for some Dutch universities for American applicants. None of them mention homeschoolers, but, most require 4 APs with at least a score of 3, for about half the majors they require the AP Calc AB or BC, and for some majors they require AP Physics C or w/e it's called, and/or AP Bio, and/or AP Chem. Those are the only APs I saw being specifically required for anything, so, I guess it's obvious what 4 APs would be the sensible ones to take (unless one of the kids is absolutely 100% positively sure they're not interested in STEM, in which case AP Calc would still be on the table (required for things like Economics as well), but then the science ones could be replaced with other APs). None required more than 4 APs, but one uni required only 2 APs, but with a minimum scores of 4. The same uni doesn't require any APs for some majors, like history, but does require a high school diploma that would allow admission to a research university, which, based on stuff I've read before about other countries, probably could be satisfied by applying to any research U here, getting admitted, and sending them a copy showing "yep, done". Oh, and one university also listed getting a transfer AA or AS as a possibility (through DE or w/e), but, that seems like an awful lot of work/money compared to the "4 APs with minimum scores of 3"-requirement.

Obviously, nobody here will be taking AP Calc/Bio/Phys/Chem anytime soon, but, it's nice to be beginning to form some ideas about high school requirements. Oh, and none of the Dutch universities give a flip about ACT scores, or SAT scores, or SAT subject tests. They absolutely do.not.care. A lot of them do offer entire majors in English, in case y'all are wondering. 

ETA: oh, and one uni mentioned they want a 3.0/4.0 GPA for high school as well. 

Anyway, hope y'all enjoyed Late Night Ramblings with Luuknam. Good night!

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 9

Good Sunday Morning!

COFFEE!!!  Does everyone know what time it is?  I only had to change the time on three clocks last night.

Most of us are missing church today for chess tourney and swim meet.    

Some of us watched Hello Dolly last night since my two teens are in a production of it this spring.  We caught a reference to Barnum's museum and to Jenny Lind, which was funny after being immersed in The Greatest Showman lately. 

I'm reading a book about Lincoln, John Quincy Adams and the Abolitionists right now and I like it.  I'm quickly becoming a John Quincy Adams fan. 

This has been a random update from me. 

Oh, speaking of random, I burnt the roof of my mouth on pizza the other day.  It could go away more quickly and I wouldn't mind.  

• Like 9

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ (Although it’s not ready yet. I set the clock forward on the pot, but forgot to set it to go off😩 first world problems)

Sunday!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Church⛪ï¸â›ªï¸â›ªï¸ðŸ’•ðŸ’•ðŸ’•

Bell choir plays today!!🔔🎼🎵🎵

• Like 4

Good morning. According to my clock, it's not yet eight. I know the clock is wrong, but my internal clock will not reset at all. It never does. Y'all can watch my attitude go downhill from here until the abomination of Daylight Saving time is repealed for another blessed months of normal.  :glare:

Other than that, I'm good. :D

Grocery list being made, I have a school schedule to do and plenty of writing to be getting on with.

ETA: It's a grouchy, grumpy don't-mess-with-me Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 6

Good Sunday Morning!

COFFEE!!! Does everyone know what time it is? I only had to change the time on three clocks last night.

Most of us are missing church today for chess tourney and swim meet.

Some of us watched Hello Dolly last night since my two teens are in a production of it this spring. We caught a reference to Barnum's museum and to Jenny Lind, which was funny after being immersed in The Greatest Showman lately.

I'm reading a book about Lincoln, John Quincy Adams and the Abolitionists right now and I like it. I'm quickly becoming a John Quincy Adams fan.

This has been a random update from me.

Oh, speaking of random, I burnt the roof of my mouth on pizza the other day. It could go away more quickly and I wouldn't mind.

Name of book, please. I’m always on the look-out for a good book!!

Boo on pizza burns. Those hurt!!👎👎👎👎

Ok, I thought I got a Booya/h, but Critter will do the honors this time.😜

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

Spring forward you must.

Or late to church you will be.

Sincerely,

Yoda

Yesterday I forgot to make sure Dad's clocks got changed before I left after his lift recliner was delivered.  I had mentioned it to Dad, and he remembered and changed most of his clocks himself.  I didn't find out about that until this morning, when I called him to make sure he was awake in time to get ready to go down to breakfast.

Dad keeps fixating on inconsequentials, but given timely info/reminders he's on top of getting other things done.  Yay!

• Like 4

(D)W threw a container of chipotle pepper across the living room, and the cap came off. It's been cleaned up now, mopped, etc, but the room still smells chipotle-y. 

It's not been a good evening. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I have never seen Gone with the Wind.

I have seen Carol Burnett mock it, though.  :)

I especially like the curtain dress, complete with the rod.  The guy who did their costumes was a genius!

• Like 3

Name of book, please. I’m always on the look-out for a good book!!

Boo on pizza burns. Those hurt!!👎👎👎👎

Ok, I thought I got a Booya/h, but Critter will do the honors this time.😜

Here it is:   https://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Abolitionists-Quincy-Adams-Slavery-ebook/dp/B01N6IH80K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520776553&sr=8-1&keywords=lincoln%2C+john+quincy+adams+and+the+abolitionists

Although I got it from the library.  

• Like 3

Down to 298 recipes. I must needs organize tags.

From no gluten? YES! I'm even working out which is "the tell". It takes last energy priority because 2 children and rabid monkey come first.

Me too. I think it every time I add a new recipe to "Recipes to try."

• Like 5