Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Friday!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Costco!👎👎

DH leaves for ManCamp!ðŸ‘. (I’m not happy he’s leaving, but he has been so stressed about work, etc. that i’m Very glad he can get away and have fun. The trailer they showed for ManCamp in church last month looked like a lot of fun! For men, that is.😜)

• Like 6

Korean beef bowls!

The store had a sale on some roasts, so I picked one up.  I'm going to have DH smoke it, then I'll pot roast it.  I could try using the leftovers in the beef bowls and see what that does to the flavor....   :drool5:

• Like 1

Baby has a cold. He's pretty cheerful with it and not pathetic, but who sees patients for infant well checks with a cold?? I don't even want to take him back for meds if he gets worse because I'd be too annoyed to be as polite about it as I'd like. Maybe I could request a different provider for that appointment. 

• Like 5

Homemade whole wheat crackers are finished

Cream cheese chocolate cupcakes are next.

Cat has stolen my desk chair.

Our cat frequently steals DD13's chair.  We have a chair set up at the homeschool table just for the cat, but she prefers the girls' chairs.  DD13 doesn't evict the cat, much though she might like to.  DD16 will evict and reclaim her own chair.

• Like 1

Baby has a cold. He's pretty cheerful with it and not pathetic, but who sees patients for infant well checks with a cold?? I don't even want to take him back for meds if he gets worse because I'd be too annoyed to be as polite about it as I'd like. Maybe I could request a different provider for that appointment. 

If that doctor isn't sole practice have you considered lodging a complaint?  Passing along a cold to a baby really does contravene the "do no harm" ethic.

• Like 1

Politeness is overrated, says this middle aged woman.  It's ok to show annoyance when it is warranted.  Not ok to bazooka them (sorry JJM) but ok to voice displeasure and to even show it in voice and face and body language (but not the finger). 

• Like 3

This situation might require use of the Laser Glare of Certain Impending Death.

• Like 6

Start thread with academic thread title = 10 clicks in an hour. Change title to never mind = 20 clicks in 10 minutes.

The next time I have something important to say I'll just title the thread nevermind.

And this surprises you why???

Even better is to name the thread something with "Ignore" in the title. 

• Like 8

So last night I could not figure out why puppy was suddenly very resistant to going outside to do her "hurry ups".  Then dh told me:

He was carrying the puppy down the slick deck stairs (why, I don't know, since she now knows how to go down them by herself).  But anyway, he slipped and fell towards the bottom - on his bottom.  The puppy was squealing as dh went down but dh had her cradled in his arms and she was fine.  The nextdoor neighbor who is renowned in the neighborhood for being standoffish, opened her back door and said, "Is the puppy ok?"  Dh responded, "She's fine but I fell down the stairs."  Her response?  "OK." and she shut her door.  Um. . .   good thing that dh didn't need medical attention or something. . . . 

So I'm not back to square one, but I'm having to do some extra reinforcement for going outside right now until she sees that it is ok. 

And it's a "Standoffish Neighbor With No Empathy" Booyah. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 7

Start thread with academic thread title = 10 clicks in an hour. Change title to never mind = 20 clicks in 10 minutes.

The next time I have something important to say I'll just title the thread nevermind.

SLASHIE IS TRYING TO START ANOTHER ITT!!!!   :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

Don't you like us anymore?   :crying:

• Like 8

So last night I could not figure out why puppy was suddenly very resistant to going outside to do her "hurry ups".  Then dh told me:

He was carrying the puppy down the slick deck stairs (why, I don't know, since she now knows how to go down them by herself).  But anyway, he slipped and fell towards the bottom - on his bottom.  The puppy was squealing as dh went down but dh had her cradled in his arms and she was fine.  The nextdoor neighbor who is renowned in the neighborhood for being standoffish, opened her back door and said, "Is the puppy ok?"  Dh responded, "She's fine but I fell down the stairs."  Her response?  "OK." and she shut her door.  Um. . .   good thing that dh didn't need medical attention or something. . . . 

So I'm not back to square one, but I'm having to do some extra reinforcement for going outside right now until she sees that it is ok. 

Is your DH okay today?  

At least we know the neighbor is vigilant and cares about animals!

Is your DH okay today?  

At least we know the neighbor is vigilant and cares about animals!

He said that he was last night.  I didn't see him this morning because I tried to sneak off early for fasting bloodwork.  The tried to part is because puppy was still wise to me.  But she settled back down and was fine in there until I got back at her normal wake up time to let her out.  So I don't know how dh feels today.  We're like ships passing in the night.  Very tired, busy ships. 

• Like 4

Politeness is overrated, says this middle aged woman.  It's ok to show annoyance when it is warranted.  Not ok to bazooka them (sorry JJM) but ok to voice displeasure and to even show it in voice and face and body language (but not the finger). 

:mellow:

shaking-head-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

I hope your DH is okay.

I am a bad person and laughed about the crazy neighbor. :o

• Like 7

He said that he was last night. I didn't see him this morning because I tried to sneak off early for fasting bloodwork. The tried to part is because puppy was still wise to me. But she settled back down and was fine in there until I got back at her normal wake up time to let her out. So I don't know how dh feels today. We're like ships passing in the night. Very tired, busy ships.

Yikes. He might be a bit sore today.

My leg still hurts in the place I banged it when I fell on the back deck stairs 3 months ago. :glare:

• Like 1

I am so tired today, too, despite the fact that I slept all night and even slept longer than usual because dh overslept and didn't start running on the stairs at 5:30. My fitbit says I got very little deep and REM sleep, so maybe that's it. The sun is out, though, so maybe I should go spend a bit of time in it.

• Like 1

That's right. It's FRIDAY.

Oh, wait. I kinda have the weekend from h-e-double-hockey-sticks sleepwise.

But Tim Hawkins.

And For King and Country.

I am conflicted.

I also should be working.

Urgh.

HAVE FUN!!!!!  (who needs sleep anyway?)   :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 3

I researched agents and sent off another query letter. That leaves me two more to get ready and then my March quota will be met, leaving me two weeks in which I don't have to worry about sending out query letters, but just write. Or I could double up and not have anything to do in April, leaving me most of the month of Camp NaNo in which to write and not research.

Decisions, decisions...

• Like 3

Dad stood for 5 minutes today. He also had a shower, was able to wash his body, held a bar to stand, and "brushed and brushed and brushed his teeth". 

He could be released as early as 12 days and with his strength the caseworker says it's very likely. They would have to go through another surgery to replace the bone flap and he could then be referred to a neuro facility about 3 hours away to work on his cognitive deficits. 

Crazy!! Seems like he just fell, but it will be a month on the 11th. 

• Like 13