Menu

Ignore this thread!

Okay. According to my forerunner I'm on 3 hours and 6 minutes. That I can do. And I got a lot done. I need to make more Japanese vocabulary cards before the boy gets up. Can one of you please microwave my coffee? It's cold and I don't want to get out of bed.

• Like 2

I'll probably get a half hour nap after Matt leaves.

That's still not enough!

Okay. According to my forerunner I'm on 3 hours and 6 minutes. That I can do. And I got a lot done. I need to make more Japanese vocabulary cards before the boy gets up. Can one of you please microwave my coffee? It's cold and I don't want to get out of bed.

Fine.  <Insert motherly lecture about sleep>   :hat:    :grouphug:

• Like 2

Ds22 admitted to dh that he is having some anxiety over graduating and being done with college. Sometimes it is hard being the parent of an adult.

It is a HUGE change.  It can be well worth it once past it, but it can be very daunting moving from the familiar focus on studies to searching for and landing a job.  Best of luck to your DS!

• Like 2

This makes me want a title. I am Slache the ______ and I make a bad enemy. Mom doesn't really work here.

:lol: It's an I am the Original Booya Babe and I make a bad enemy BOOYA!

Why do you have the blank?  You are Slache the OBB, which can sound very menacing when spoken in the right way.

Very fitting post for a Booya.

• Like 2

Man, things are falling through the cracks. Some big things . I’m out of my immunotherapy drug. I called it in (again? Or had I forgotten the first time?)

But at least I finally had time today to clip my fingernails which were long overdue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   You have had rather a lot on your plate lately.

• Like 1

I'm going to need a video of you saying this in a menacing way.

Have your kids work on it.  They can be very good at coming up with tough-guy/gal voices.  And stances.

• Like 2

Yawn. I discovered to my horror that I am almost out of tea. This qualifies as an emergency. DH has said he'll take care of it. 

I need to proof query letters and send out. I've got a tighter, more "pitch" oriented query that I'm sending to these agents because that's their style. We'll see if I can catch anyone's attention with them.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ðŸ’•

Friday Eve!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

DS2 has a birthday today. He’s 14. Now I will have 2 14-year-old boys until the end of May.

• Like 6

Good morning!

Sounds like Some People woke up on the wrong side of the house. Don't make me send for the sofa!

Coffee!

I know, right??

Hendrick, fire up the chopper. We have some people who need to go to their happy place. Irma will plump up the pillows and fluff the quilts and Josie will be serving coffee, tea and tasty treats after nap time.

• Like 3

Yawn. I discovered to my horror that I am almost out of tea. This qualifies as an emergency. DH has said he'll take care of it.

I need to proof query letters and send out. I've got a tighter, more "pitch" oriented query that I'm sending to these agents because that's their style. We'll see if I can catch anyone's attention with them.

Go Critter!!! Go Critter!!
  • Like 1

It's okay.  I'll eat it.  

#felpful

Good morning, ITT!

My Very Best Kitty still is eating around the new food (very expensive grain-free circles) to get to the old food (somewhat expensive squares). Although DH (her favorite person) has been putting circles in the dish, she knows it's my fault. Also, she is going to banish the blender along with the vacuum cleaner for violating noise regulations, and fine me a squillion squares for being late for Morning Couch Time, AKA Read to Your Kitty. It's so hard to get good help these days! I'm sure other ITT pets can commiserate.

• Like 9

#felpful

Good morning, ITT!

My Very Best Kitty still is eating around the new food (very expensive grain-free circles) to get to the old food (somewhat expensive squares). Although DH (her favorite person) has been putting circles in the dish, she knows it's my fault. Also, she is going to banish the blender along with the vacuum cleaner for violating noise regulations, and fine me a squillion squares for being late for Morning Couch Time, AKA Read to Your Kitty. It's so hard to get good help these days! I'm sure other ITT pets can commiserate.

I think your kitty and my kitty would get along. Except that the other cat would be evil and not at all the Princess. So maybe not.

I think your kitty and my kitty would metaphorically get along.

• Like 4

Three query letters are proofed and off to their respective agents this morning. I plugged my ears in for reflective music while working though each letter twice.

Sigh. Every time I go through those first five to ten pages I wonder how I managed to jam so much foreshadowing in that makes sense later in the book. I didn't mean to do it--it just happened, and it's awesome. I love this story. Obviously, I'd have to love it to rewrite it three times and revise it seven more times after that before even setting it out for queries, but it just makes me happy every time I read it. :001_smile:

• Like 8

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ðŸ’•

Friday Eve!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

DS2 has a birthday today. He’s 14. Now I will have 2 14-year-old boys until the end of May.

Happy Nirthday, KKDS14!!! :party:

Edited to correct my spelling. :D

It’s another Nirthday Booyah! :party:

This is the thread that never ends.

Welcome to Math ‘n’ Grammarville, folks, it’s going to be a beautiful day!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 8

I have either really overused and sprained my wrist or I'm getting arthritis or something because it hurts and I don't wanna go to the doctor but I have to anyway to get my refill but I just want to whine. 

DH has 3 months of paid leave and then he better have a job and he's not worried and I don't think he's sent out 1 resume but he's not worried and I'm trying to be chill but it's starting to make me antsy because I'm a planner, but it's not MY life and my job so I should just let him do what he wants. 

I think DS and I will get along better when he's old enough to move out. I wonder now if my mom did a happy dance when I drove away for my first apartment. I'm pretty sure my dad did not, but I wouldn't blame my mom if she did now that I know what 16 feels like from this end. I was a really good teen in most ways but I know there were some specific things that really stressed my parents...it's probably why they let me graduate early! 

Run on sentences are fun! 

Edited by Paige
  • Like 7

Well, today is going to be sad. I called the vet for my sweet Nikki cat. She’s just really shutting down and I always told myself that when I can see that her quality of life is diminished, we would put her down. She’s 17 years old, which I think is a full life for a cat. We will bury her by Snowflake in the back yard with full honors.

• Like 1

Paige, if your shared bargain is that you manage life at home while he brings in income...then I think you have the ability to offer some input. People generally like to eat and have medical care.

Dh’s last two jobs had interview processes that extended 12 and 16 weeks respectively. Each had multiple phone screenings that stretched out over the bulk of the time followed by the in-person interview panel day.

It’s a hard wait, even when there is progress moving forward.

• Like 3

My seeds arrived. I have one summer squash, a pretty pink runner bean, a dark basil, and five new peppers, including the specimen ghost pepper I wanted. I shall plant in the morning...

You're brave, ghost peppers frighten me.

• Like 3

Well, today is going to be sad. I called the vet for my sweet Nikki cat. She’s just really shutting down and I always told myself that when I can see that her quality of life is diminished, we would put her down. She’s 17 years old, which I think is a full life for a cat. We will bury her by Snowflake in the back yard with full honors.

:grouphug:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

***tomography.....hazards of homeschooling and ITT-ing sorry!

Eh, topography of the retina could be interesting.

Dh has retina issues and his sister with similar issues lost her sight in her twenties so we keep a close watch on things.

• Like 2

Speaking of eyes, my mom got diagnosed with staar (Dutch word) in one of her eyes, which apparently has 2 possible meanings (grrr), but I'm guessing she meant cataract, since she's going to get a consult for surgery in April (and then who knows when the surgery would be). It's my understanding that her grandmother went pretty much blind from it in her 90s, but my mom only just turned 64. Not sure how much of a genetic component there is to that - Wikipedia mentions trauma and diabetes as possible factors, but afaik, neither of those applies to my mom. At least it's in only one of her eyes, and they're pretty good with eye surgery these days, afaik. 

I was really tired last night, so I went to bed early, so I got up early (for me), and have been having a pretty productive day so far. :)

• Like 4