Menu

Ignore this thread!

Well, all I've got are :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: . Seriously, YAY, YOU. And YAY, your mom and her friend and your pastor. Obviously those people at the hospital have been getting away with that cr*p because other patients either lacked the support your dad has or their support people lacked the skills to help. I'm so sorry that your dad has suffered at their hands, but I'm so, so glad that steps have been taken to prevent the suffering of others.

Now, Mary, would you like the bazooka big-machine-gun.gif or the rocket launcherrocket-launcher-2.gif ?

Can't I get both? 

When I was hospitalized after DD, I had a family member with me 24/7, except when they got thrown out of ICU. And even then they stayed right outside the door until they could come back in. And this was in a GOOD hospital. Still they stopped nurses from giving me insulin on 2 occasions. Despite the "NO INSULIN" written in red on the front of my chart.

I'm so glad that we had the support to do that. Hospitals do some amazingly wonderful things. But they can be scary places, too.

Yeah, we stayed with dad non-stop in ICU until he was a bit better. That's awful about the insulin! 

Is __________ the current facility?

No. That's where he is being transferred. 

• Like 2

Mary--you might want to edit out the facility name, and details....especially if a lawsuit may be coming.  

I think we're ok. I don't remember mentioning the name of this current hospital, but I'll do a search and if I did, I'll edit it. 

HealthSouth rehab has multiple locations as well, but that's not the name of the current location. It's where he will be transferred. 

• Like 1

A son of a friend is in the hospital in a coma because of complications from the flu. He's in his 20s and has small kids and was a very healthy guy. :crying: He still has a chance to pull through but it's very critical.

:grouphug:

If I had any plans to whip myself for that typo in my query letter, I set them aside tonight. I literally was putting three query letters together whilst arbitrating a dispute between turtles over the suffering they had to endure while loading the dishwasher. It's a wonder I can even put words together sometimes.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 7

A  son of a friend is in the hospital in a coma because of complications from the flu. He's in his 20s and has small kids and was a very healthy guy.  :crying:  He still has a chance to pull through but it's very critical.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

A  son of a friend is in the hospital in a coma because of complications from the flu. He's in his 20s and has small kids and was a very healthy guy.  :crying:  He still has a chance to pull through but it's very critical.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I finished chapter 4, made my step count (which is not 10,000) and organized the kid's clothes. Now I'm going to read some Writer's Jungle and have some wine. Favorite quote so far from The Last Unicorn "I am Smendrick the Magician and I make a bad enemy."

• Like 6

Y'all - you'd better hold me back. I try not to swear, but this "hospital" my dad is currently in is giving me a vocabulary that would make a sailor blush. I can not even begin to express my utter disgust and fury right now. 

I'm not going to hold you back. Are you guys taking donations for the lawyer?

Go get them. These people have no right to treat your dad that way, or anyone. You should not feel even a little bit sorry. When people act like that nurse and doctor acted, they are the bad guys. Go get the bad guys. 

• Like 7

:grouphug:

"I am Smendrick the Magician and I make a bad enemy."

This makes me want a title. I am Slache the ______ and I make a bad enemy. Mom doesn't really work here.

:lol: It's an I am the Original Booya Babe and I make a bad enemy BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 10

I got over 10,000 steps today!!!

I finished chapter 4, made my step count (which is not 10,000) and organized the kid's clothes. Now I'm going to read some Writer's Jungle and have some wine. Favorite quote so far from The Last Unicorn "I am Smendrick the Magician and I make a bad enemy."

I haven't made my step goal yet; and it's nowhere near 10,000. I remember getting 10,000 and more about this time last year. I was walking to and from work, and working at the school...

Now I sit on my butt, sometimes shop (in real stores), and periodically get the gumption to walk in the river. I would hatch more Pokemon eggs get a lot more steps if I walked in the river daily. It's in the plan...

Edited by Renai
  • Like 6

I know I'm sounding dumb, but I have my first rosemary plant. For now, it's in a pot on my kitchen windowsill. Do I just cut it and use it, or what? If so, do I just cut it anytime? Anywhere?

How big is it? Generally, yes you can just snip if ends/branches as you need it, but if it is a young plant you run the risk of cutting too much/stressing the plant.

• Like 2

For the second night in a row I was civically minded. I toured our new middle school. I talked to Council members. I listened to presentations to our community organization and asked some public questions (along with a whole bunch of other civically minded people).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why?

Why?

Because it is a brand new school this year and I wanted to see what It looked like inside.

The community organization meets monthly. I go on occasion. But this was their big annual meeting. We had presentations on school safety, public works projects for the year, the trails for our small city, the historical society and “met†our new mayor. I think that it is helpful to know about these things.

• Like 7

I Awana-ed.

I reached my step goal and then some. My FitBit was down on it’s charge so I furiously did laps in the living room before it died because I really wanted to reach my goal since I haven’t been doing well. But,it didn’t die, and I got tons of steps at Awana. Yay me!,

• Like 8

Because it is a brand new school this year and I wanted to see what It looked like inside.

The community organization meets monthly. I go on occasion. But this was their big annual meeting. We had presentations on school safety, public works projects for the year, the trails for our small city, the historical society and “met†our new mayor. I think that it is helpful to know about these things.

Thank you!

I missed our neighborhood council meetings. I am busy coaching and setting up school events. Someday, when I'm old and irrelevant and no longer have children in the public schools, I will go.

I don't know which middle school you are talking about though. You guys are in between three districts and I don't know which one your kids go to, north, east, or southwest. Or do you have your own?

Thank you!

I missed our neighborhood council meetings. I am busy coaching and setting up school events. Someday, when I'm old and irrelevant and no longer have children in the public schools, I will go.

I don't know which middle school you are talking about though. You guys are in between three districts and I don't know which one your kids go to, north, east, or southwest. Or do you have your own?

Half of our small city (the rich half) is in a good school district. Half (the poorer half) is in a not so good district. This is our first middle school that actually serves our city and only our city. But it is run by Renton SD.

• Like 1