• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

Hidden thin mints? I am in!

No kidding. Although I have been good all day and am now sipping a Singing Canary, a la Trim Healthy Mama. https://trimhealthymama.com/recipe/singing-canary-fp/ It’s tasty and healthy and keeps me from snacking. I feel so much better when my blood sugar is stabilized, but it’s hard to balance that with my cravings for sugar.
  • Like 1

Me: Speaks Spanish all morning.

Also me: Cannot think of a Spanish verb to conjugate as an example.

:blink:

Is egg the second? I can think of PB subs, but not egg.

Yes, eggs.

I think flaxseed and water or chia seeds and water are a substitute for egg. I know soy flour and water are.

He can’t do flax or soy, either. I’ve never had chia seeds. With our luck he’d end up in the hospital!

Proud Homeschool Mama Moment:

Today we went to the local Discovery Museum with my mom and her husband. While we were there, Weapon X helped one of the employees. She was designing a robotics class for second graders that she is giving at an event in a couple weeks. She had the Dash robot and a launcher thing that she hadn't used before. He helped her figure out how to work the launcher and shoot balls into a goal that he built. Then he used blocks to design a maze and drove the robot through it. Both she and my parents were quite impressed.

• Like 15

Or just tell your kid he can have more presents if he forgoes the party. Works for us every year. :leaving:

Well, it’s too late now. The invites are sent out. I guess I will have to do this. It’ll actually be pretty easy - a couple hours at the trampoline park in the Big City, then back to our house for pizza and cake. I really need easy.
  • Like 4

I like loose leaf college ruled in a binder.

Hare. (Makes as much sense as someone allowing a mouse up their arse. It’s a thing. So I’m told. I think I read it on the Internet, so it must be true.)

My perfect day is 90 degrees and breezy at the ocean under an umbrella in a chair with a book, with the family. I have had this day more than once, and it was awesome each time. We call them “Happy Day!†I’m sorry you all have never had your perfect day. And I am confused by those of you who included school in such days. I can only assume you’re on crack. :)

• Like 6

I'm so pissed about our electric. A few minutes later and we would have missed it and gotten home too late to fix it. We lose electric sometimes, that's life, but they SHUT IT OFF! I'm pissy now. Pissy Slache. Grrr.

• Like 2

I'm so pissed about our electric. A few minutes later and we would have missed it and gotten home too late to fix it. We lose electric sometimes, that's life, but they SHUT IT OFF! I'm pissy now. Pissy Slache. Grrr.

You have every right to be pissy. This wasn't an accidental weather/nature related incident. They messed up.

• Like 4

I am so tired. And overwhelmed. But the city council is trying to push through a thing where we will be fined if we park for too long (not abandoned ) in front of our own houses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeannie for President!!! Vote ITT!! The only Party that makes sense!!

And is against stupid fines!!

• Like 6

And watching my bunnies dash around and suddenly binky impulsively is the direct experience that makes me think it's a wild hare.

#experiencecangobothways

Oh yes, absolutely.  I wasn't intending to say otherwise, merely trying to explain why someone would call a hair "wild", and why a hair would even have any reason to be in the vicinity of nether regions.  

• Like 1

We suppered. Now, if I could just focus and get the dishes done now, instead of hanging out here, I may have a decent evening left. I haven’t read or done Latin or anything.

But.... I have to share this. I wish I knew how to put the picture on and not just the link, but we were listening to cowboy songs this afternoon with DS, since we studied cowboys in history and I came across this one sung by a young George Strait, and I have to say..... major dreamboat.

Mercy!! Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

This.

And I can honestly say I have retrieved said undergarments carousing hairs, even in front of other people.

Yuppers.  So been there.

• Like 1

My incision is bothering me today.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

You need more ponder time, with a soothing beverage of choice.  The incision says so.

• Like 2

I call it a wild hare and IMO, one of those belongs nowhere near anyone’s nether regions. And I only use the expression when I am describing myself, uncharacteristically getting an idea out of the blue and acting upon it. Which I do believe is what that expression can mean.

• Like 3

Day 51 clobbered.

Now to clobber the city council. (Metaphorically speaking)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay, Jeannie!! I don’t even have half my steps done and I just don’t want to go out and do it. I am shocked and amazed at how sedentary my life really is.
  • Like 2

Baby has been kept virus/infection free all cold and flu season- I've been so careful!. I canceled his well baby check and shots last month to avoid the pestilence filled waiting room. So, imagine my face yesterday when I show up for the rescheduled well baby check and the pediatrician comes in and apologizes for her cold and says she doesn't want Baby getting too much in her face!  :svengo:

He has had a fever today too! It's probably from the shots, but you never know...

• Like 1

I had a grilled cheese sandwich. Because I felt sorry for myself, I had raspberry jelly on it.

I have never heard of this combination!

• Like 1

I think it's a wild hair and up your butt was added later because butts make everything funnier- kind of like "that stinks!" No, "that stinks up the butt!"

I'm surprised wild hair is not a common idiom; it's a frequently used one in my family. A wild hair is a hair like a cowlick that can't be tamed. There's no reason for it to spring up but it does and it is going to do what it wants. "Up the butt" was not part of the phrase in our circles. It could be used like, "She has a wild hair about going to town today even though it's raining cats and dogs. There's been no talking her out of it."

Edited by Paige
  • Like 6

Entirely reasonable reaction.

• Like 1

Baby has been kept virus/infection free all cold and flu season- I've been so careful!. I canceled his well baby check and shots last month to avoid the pestilence filled waiting room. So, imagine my face yesterday when I show up for the rescheduled well baby check and the pediatrician comes in and apologizes for her cold and says she doesn't want Baby getting too much in her face!  :svengo:

He has had a fever today too! It's probably from the shots, but you never know...

Kernel's been somewhat better today--fever is down. He still can't breathe through his nose.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Keep getting better, Kernel!

• Like 1

Gross! You might as well drink water. Whole milk all the way, baby!!!

Yes!  Whole milk is the best.  But after 1%, 2% was pretty good!

I like loose leaf college ruled in a binder.

Hare. (Makes as much sense as someone allowing a mouse up their arse. It’s a thing. So I’m told. I think I read it on the Internet, so it must be true.)

My perfect day is 90 degrees and breezy at the ocean under an umbrella in a chair with a book, with the family. I have had this day more than once, and it was awesome each time. We call them “Happy Day!†I’m sorry you all have never had your perfect day. And I am confused by those of you who included school in such days. I can only assume you’re on crack. :)

:iagree:

:scared:  :thumbdown:  :grouphug:

• Like 3

Proud Homeschool Mama Moment:

Today we went to the local Discovery Museum with my mom and her husband. While we were there, Weapon X helped one of the employees. She was designing a robotics class for second graders that she is giving at an event in a couple weeks. She had the Dash robot and a launcher thing that she hadn't used before. He helped her figure out how to work the launcher and shoot balls into a goal that he built. Then he used blocks to design a maze and drove the robot through it. Both she and my parents were quite impressed.

:hurray:

Baby has been kept virus/infection free all cold and flu season- I've been so careful!. I canceled his well baby check and shots last month to avoid the pestilence filled waiting room. So, imagine my face yesterday when I show up for the rescheduled well baby check and the pediatrician comes in and apologizes for her cold and says she doesn't want Baby getting too much in her face! :svengo:

:svengo: :glare: