Menu

I keep spare garbage cans that I use for other things, but in a pinch, they could double as storage in case of a garbage pick-up missed for whatever reason. It's not ideal, and things get stinky, but it beats having it all exposed while I wait for the next available pick-up.

• Like 1
  • Replies 191.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

Oh and since I'm dumping, dd's nose still hurts a lot.  I looked at her last night and it is really crooked all of a sudden and there is a big bump on the top.  Appointment with ENT who specializes in broken noses is tomorrow and can't come soon enough. 

(((Events Planner)))

I was going to ask for an update a day or so ago, but I forgot.  I'm not very good at this Aunting thing yet.

• Like 3

Ds did not take the (overflowing) trash cans out to the curb as instructed last night. I didn't check this morning, because I was sick. We missed trash pickup. Ideas on how I can problem solve this, because I am exhausted and can't think straight.

Pay for an extra pickup and be done.

The nice thing about the time change is that it will have me getting up between 3 and 4 instead of 2 and 3.  :mellow:

They offered this to us.  It's an option here that wasn't an option where we used to live. It's a $20 fee. I'm making ds pay me back......real life consequences and all that.

NOT FRICKEN BAD! I was thinking like $120.

• Like 1

Oh and since I'm dumping, dd's nose still hurts a lot.  I looked at her last night and it is really crooked all of a sudden and there is a big bump on the top.  Appointment with ENT who specializes in broken noses is tomorrow and can't come soon enough. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I hope the ENT can help and it all heals up quickly and nicely.

• Like 1

Ds did not take the (overflowing) trash cans out to the curb as instructed last night. I didn't check this morning, because I was sick. We missed trash pickup. Ideas on how I can problem solve this, because I am exhausted and can't think straight.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Double-bag everything and make DS stomp and smash the stuff into less volume -- do this OUT of the main trash cans (so the trash isn't wedged in so tight it will never come out).  Maybe throw a third bag around things if any bags start to breach.

Then DS has to stomp and smash and double- or triple bag all trash until the next trash pick up day or whenever all trash has been duly collected and the schedule is all caught up again.

Any fees for extra bags of trash get taken out of DS's pocket money, if he has some and you think that is appropriate.  (Around here any trash that doesn't fit in the one bin with the lid shut is considered "extra", and requires the purchase of bag tags at $2 each or the guys won't pick the bags up.)

An alternative -- ask the waste collection bunch how much it is to make another collection at your house.  I just saw a neighbor getting a special trash pick-up in my neighborhood, so apparently this can be arranged.  For a price.

I want a nap. Sadly, I have too much to do to take said nap.

While at DD13's ballet class I "took a few minutes" to "jot down a few of the next things to do".

Forty minutes later I had micro-written all over one page of my notebook and was still remembering more stuff.   :svengo:

And none of it mentioned refueling my vehicle.  Good thing I remembered that as we were heading out after ballet class.

My knees feel thick, which makes me want to sit still.  I really should eat some lunch, however, and walk either on the treadmill or outside.  

DH and I assembled Ikea Kallax shelves and moved furniture and stuff about this past weekend, and now I have a nice office area with a so-far-not-too-cluttered L-shape desk (made out of two computer tables).  I have a good work area in which to tackle many of the Dad Project and other tasks on that "short list".  So I should eat, walk, and then get some stuff done before Aikido.

• Like 2

Part of my frustration is that I have asked for and followed medical advice the entire time. And now I am suspecting that the advice was flawed. But you know what they say about hindsight.

The advice was to wait, right? You never wait on a broken nose. I didn't know about it until it was too late. I would have called you at 2 AM to tell you to go if it was in the first few hours. She'll be fine, but it's worth ruining your day (or week) to have a better nose.

• Like 1

Ds is at another two hour doctor thing. I did leave and got grocery shopping done. And as part of that I had to figure out dinner so that is planned. I was inexplicably famished mid morning so I got a 3/4 oz of cheese. Probably overpriced at that amount but having a small preportioned amount is valuable to me from a health standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I would be a horrible homeschool student today. It's taken me all day to get through French and Latin and I haven't touched my grammar yet. :D However, I fixed and ate lunch, did several loads of laundry, tended needy critters, cajoled reluctant turtles through their writing and have been negotiating a query review all at the same time as French and Latin.

• Like 2

Whe DD16 was finally being diagnosed ADD I mentioned that it seemed a rather ironic name to give it, since it wasn't so much a lack of focus that was her problem -- instead it was a very strong focus, just not on what others wanted her to focus on at the moment.

I like big whiteboards and would write on my walls if I could.  Some conference rooms where I worked had walls faced in magnetic whiteboard material -- those were heavenly!

I'm in such an office RIGHT NOW! :D

The way I see it, school isn't the world's best structure so it's not a disability if you don't fit into it. I strongly resist the idea that my inability to meet someone else's need for paying attention to them is a disability. I mean, I'm sorry some people have a need to have an army of compliant little soldiers but that's not really my problem.

• Like 8

We take our trash to the "dump," which is actually a collection center for transport to an-out-of state landfill. Between trips there, we have 3 enormous trash cans outside in a heavy wooden bin-structure. Because raccoons. And skunks. And bears. Much like the fact that no one will bring me pizza, no one will come and get my trash. :mellow:

Part of my frustration is that I have asked for and followed medical advice the entire time. And now I am suspecting that the advice was flawed. But you know what they say about hindsight.

Go back and blast it away with a bazooka? :confused1:

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 8

Hair.  Like those strays that tend to work their way down one's back, under one's shirt, and make it into one's underwear.  *shudder*  They drive me nuts.

I always thought hair like when a dog poops out a hair and looses it's mind.

It is a wild hare. As in rabbit.

Hair.

See?  This.  This is the conversation that ensued among my ILs after I asked the hair/hare question that no one had apparently ever thunk about before.   

Google isn't all that helpful either.   

Oh well.

#i'mwithJean

#thoughthehairsmayhaveit

• Like 4

Tulip party at my house! Jean will bring the root beer! I have pretzels, coffee, mini sweet peppers, mini cucumbers, and fruit. Someone else will need to bring chocolate, because I already ate what AMJ shared with me yesterday. 😋

I JUST BOUGHT A WHOLE BAG OF GHIRADELLI CHOCOLATE CHIPS!

(and found a hidden box of thin mints, too!)

• Like 6

See?  This.  This is the conversation that ensued among my ILs after I asked the hair/hare question that no one had apparently ever thunk about before.   

Google isn't all that helpful either.   

Oh well.

#i'mwithJean

#thoughthehairsmayhaveit

I'm sorry, but I thought this was a joke.

I have never heard of this in my life. This is a thing? What is a wild hair?

• Like 3

EXACTLY.  Exactly!

My question exactly.    It makes no sense.  Hare makes a little more sense, but even that is questionable.  

It is a good thing I'd already married my dh when this idiom came up in conversation.  As it was, I packed him up and moved him to New England right quick.   :laugh:

(j/k; his family is awesomeness in every way.)

• Like 4

I have the most tremendous headache. Going to try to finish this Latin and then get up and do some cleaning.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Saying someone has a wild hair up their behind is saying that they have gone off and done something impulsive or surprising, and usually implying that the action might be a bit out of character.  Kind of like the twitching convulsions one can succumb to when a wayward follicular extrusion detaches and goes crawling around one's undergarments.

#directexperiencefeedsmycertaintyitiswild"hair"

• Like 4

Saying someone has a wild hair up their behind is saying that they have gone off and done something impulsive or surprising, and usually implying that the action might be a bit out of character.  Kind of like the twitching convulsions one can succumb to when a wayward follicular extrusion detaches and goes crawling around one's undergarments.

#directexperiencefeedsmycertaintyitiswild"hair"

And watching my bunnies dash around and suddenly binky impulsively is the direct experience that makes me think it's a wild hare.

#experiencecangobothways

• Like 2

Potty-training ds3 dissolved into uncontrollable giggles yesterday when a sibling used the word "tootie."

"I know," I said to ds3 as I shook my head, "what could be funnier than a tootie?"

He suddenly quieted and looked up at me in utter seriousness.  "Butt.  Butt is waaaaay much funnier than tootie."

I stand corrected. 

• Like 11