Menu

Ignore this thread!

The antibiotics are for the ear infection but the underlying sickness is viral.

Dh actually took today off work so he could sit and hold him most of the day.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Good grief. It sent the link to me.  :svengo:

I did start to wonder.  Your link took me to a Linked In login page with your id already populated.  I gave it my email address and asked for a one-time login, and Linked In said it sent it.  Some other emails were a little slow to get to me yesterday, so I thought I might have to wait it out.  The Linked In one never showed, however...

because they sent it to you.

• Like 1

I'm ordering the ingredients for Renai's remineralizing toothpaste. Any ideas on ways to flavor it for dc?

The peppermint oil gives it some, but not a lot of flavor. I'm going to add more when I make it this week. 

See what I did there? I said "this week" to hold myself accountable...

Ack! And it's not mine! I don't want the blame if it doesn't work for yall...or your teeth fall out...

• Like 4

What is the appeal about composition notebooks? I hate them. Maybe it's because I'm left handed and they have a stupid hump in the center that you can't avoid. I hate that the public schools require a zillion of them and never use more than half of each one. Even spirals are better- I can just write on the back of every page and not deal with the spirals. You can't do that with composition notebooks.

Little tiny balls of nothing. If they get wet and swell they taste very slightly like crunchier tapioca with a mostly nothing taste.

My favorite notebooks are actually spiral-bound at the top.  I got hooked on them when I had an office job.

• Like 2

I voted.  DH and I each got there a few minutes before the polls opened.  I let one lady go ahead of me so I could stand next to DH in line, so we were 3rd and 4th.  Over and done and back home again in time to nag the girls into being ready on time for the dentist.  Lots of running around today.  At least my weather headache is gone and the temps are beautifully cool this morning.  

I have a little time this afternoon; maybe I'll try cleaning that kitchen window.

This past weekend I finally got my harbor bell chime hung up outside (thank you, DH!).  It had only been waiting since Christmas.  It sounds so lovely!  And the triangular shape will not likely attract at many wasps trying to find nesting sights.  They always occupied my tubular chimes.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

• Like 3

I like the idea of composition notebooks.  So READY for .... something.  But I really prefer spiral so they will lay flat.  I really need a spiral notebook, wide ruled (not college bound), the size of a composition notebook (5x8) which is not as easy to find as it sounds.  (I mean for me - for my to do lists, etc.)  I normally use a full size spiral, but then it's not the same size as my calendar and doesn't fit in my typical purse.  

#firstworldproblems

• Like 3

Job #2 today! Library at lunch, probably. I should take ds10 rock climbing after, but I don't know if I will. I have ground meat in the fridge that I need to cook tonight. But what do I want to make? No tacos and no meatloaf.

Spaghetti and meat sauce?  That's what I did with my last bunch of ground meat that needed immediate eating.

Felpful booya(h)!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

Job #2 today! Library at lunch, probably. I should take ds10 rock climbing after, but I don't know if I will. I have ground meat in the fridge that I need to cook tonight. But what do I want to make? No tacos and no meatloaf.

Ack!  That reminds me I'm supposed to throw stroganoff in the crock pot this morning!!!!  I almost forgot!!! 

• Like 3

I like the idea of composition notebooks.  So READY for .... something.  But I really prefer spiral so they will lay flat.  I really need a spiral notebook, wide ruled (not college bound), the size of a composition notebook (5x8) which is not as easy to find as it sounds.  (I mean for me - for my to do lists, etc.)  I normally use a full size spiral, but then it's not the same size as my calendar and doesn't fit in my typical purse.  

#firstworldproblems

Something like this?

https://smile.amazon.com/Composition-Notebook-Subject-Writing-Notebooks/dp/B078T5G9ZC/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1520343253&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=wide+ruled+spiral+notebook&psc=1

• Like 2

How are you this morning?

:blush: Thanks for asking.  

Today seems like it's going to be an OK day. :)

Since the RA and migraines both seem to have good days and bad days, how I feel on any given day is a toss-up.  And it can go bad at any time.  :shrug:

Taking a daily nap has been a game-changer.  It has really helped to keep the headaches under control.  And it helps that I can tell myself, "Only four more hours.  You can do this!"

• Like 8

On the subject of notebooks I could wax lyrical. I love them all. I use spiral notebooks for school subjects. I like seeing how much I've done. For writing, I am addicted to yellow legal pads, bound at the top, no spiral. I go through them like paper towels. Love them. For writing stuff that needs to be kept and or organized, I like composition notebooks. The delight of my life are those thin little Moleskine composition books. But they are pricey and I can't just pick them up whenever I want them. I use standard journals too for poetry and for journal entries. I prefer off-color paper, and would be happy if all my notebooks came in cream or yellow.

So basically, you want a notebook, I've probably got one that would suit. :D Seriously, I love paper in many shapes and forms. Even index cards. Just not for notes. Index cards are for vocabulary cards for Latin and French.

• Like 5

And now it's time for tea and my revision lesson. I signed up for a free short course on editing. So far nothing I didn't already know (and do), but it's nice to know I'm doing something right, and that there are probably things I overlooked that will come up in the course.

• Like 2

On the subject of notebooks I could wax lyrical. I love them all. I use spiral notebooks for school subjects. I like seeing how much I've done. For writing, I am addicted to yellow legal pads, bound at the top, no spiral. I go through them like paper towels. Love them. For writing stuff that needs to be kept and or organized, I like composition notebooks. The delight of my life are those thin little Moleskine composition books. But they are pricey and I can't just pick them up whenever I want them. I use standard journals too for poetry and for journal entries. I prefer off-color paper, and would be happy if all my notebooks came in cream or yellow.

So basically, you want a notebook, I've probably got one that would suit. :D Seriously, I love paper in many shapes and forms. Even index cards. Just not for notes. Index cards are for vocabulary cards for Latin and French.

#anotherfellowofficesupplyaddict

• Like 3

I have just taken several minutes to put my newly-acquired rubber snake collection throughout the honeysuckle and pomegranate bushes.  Hopefully it will help discourage mockingbirds from nesting there.

I heard the owls hooting away while I was out there.  One is a block or so away across the street, and another is in some trees just behind the commercial buildings behind our house.  There might be another one or two owls out there, too, but these two were really singing away.  The metal glider swing in our breezeway could offer our cat one refuge from owls, and maybe under the canopy swing out in the grass (depending on how determined the owl is), but I will talk to DH this evening to see if we could create other refuges in the yard to help her escape aerial attacks.  

• Like 4

I am slowly but surely plodding along through Eye of the World. It has opened my eyes to one particular book draw that I've never really explored that much--you can want to see what happens in order to see characters you don't particularly like either get eaten or changed. It's an idea I need to work through. 

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 1

I've been cutting back--two packs a week.

That seems to be about the rate of my Dad's index card habit.

My consumption isn't steady.  I binge and purge periodically, though the desire is there for a gentle daily habit.

• Like 1

I am slowly but surely plodding along through Eye of the World. It has opened my eyes to one particular book draw that I've never really explored that much--you can want to see what happens in order to see characters you don't particularly like either get eaten or changed. It's an idea I need to work through. 

:D

• Like 1

Thanks!  Well, sort of like that.  Except I want it to look as plain as a school spiral and only cost a dollar so that I can buy a lot of them, and use them freely without feeling wasteful.

#picky

• Like 3

Shepherd's Pie

• Like 2

Thanks!  Well, sort of like that.  Except I want it to look as plain as a school spiral and only cost a dollar so that I can buy a lot of them, and use them freely without feeling wasteful.

#picky

These are 10.5 x 8 inches:  https://smile.amazon.com/1-Subject-Notebook-Spiral-Assortment-65029/dp/B071CQ6JHL/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1520343253&sr=8-8&keywords=wide+ruled+spiral+notebook

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Tuesday!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

I have got to get the invitations out for DS’s birthday party. I just...honestly, I hate hosting birthday parties, but it has to be done,

• Like 3

I had an epiphany about one of my turtles (the active introverted doer) today. I was mourning the loss of my gloves (he used them to handle a dead cactus and filled them up with spines). Then I remembered that he's ruined scissors, ruined my boots multiple times, lost two umbrellas in experiments on sailing, used up nearly all my string and run me out of duct tape on numerous occasions.

All that I have done also.

I think he's a problem-solver like me. He doesn't want to plan to much because that gets in the way of creating the problems to solve. No wonder we can't function well with detailed outlines.

• Like 5

I actually like spiral, too, but what I really love about the composition books is that you can cover them. I use the nice brown paper that comes as filler in boxes from Amazon as a base and then I cut out pictures and things and glue them on. They make lovely journals.

• Like 2

I had an epiphany about one of my turtles (the active introverted doer) today. I was mourning the loss of my gloves (he used them to handle a dead cactus and filled them up with spines). Then I remembered that he's ruined scissors, ruined my boots multiple times, lost two umbrellas in experiments on sailing, used up nearly all my string and run me out of duct tape on numerous occasions.

All that I have done also.

I think he's a problem-solver like me. He doesn't want to plan to much because that gets in the way of creating the problems to solve. No wonder we can't function well with detailed outlines.

When things like that happen here, I always thought it was a result of ADD.  But, I'm not a psychologist, nor do I play one on TV.  

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Tuesday!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

I have got to get the invitations out for DS’s birthday party. I just...honestly, I hate hosting birthday parties, but it has to be done,

Not if you become a Jehovah's Witness.

• Like 4

I have just taken several minutes to put my newly-acquired rubber snake collection throughout the honeysuckle and pomegranate bushes. Hopefully it will help discourage mockingbirds from nesting there.

I heard the owls hooting away while I was out there. One is a block or so away across the street, and another is in some trees just behind the commercial buildings behind our house. There might be another one or two owls out there, too, but these two were really singing away. The metal glider swing in our breezeway could offer our cat one refuge from owls, and maybe under the canopy swing out in the grass (depending on how determined the owl is), but I will talk to DH this evening to see if we could create other refuges in the yard to help her escape aerial attacks.

I love owls. I think they are one of my favorite birds.

When things like that happen here, I always thought it was a result of ADD.  But, I'm not a psychologist, nor do I play one on TV.  

I've never been tested, and focus has never been an issue for me, or for him. We can be dedicated to a project to the point of forgetting about everything and everyone else in the pursuit of an inventive solution. But it can be really frustrating to have my tools gone, my boots full of holes, my string gone, and I have to hide tape in reserve in case of emergency. But he draws every project, then improvises on the fly--very similar to the way I do things. And forget measuring. Gimme templates every day of the week. I'll build it, then measure, thanks. :laugh:

But it was a little startling to figure out that there might just be a link between what looks a little scatterbrained or thoughtless, but is really simple experimentation in a "safe" way. It's okay to lose Mom's stuff and ruin Mom's stuff, because Mom will forgive, you see? Only now he's beginning to risk some of his own resources--so he's growing up. Sniff.

• Like 2

Aaaah! I overslept! My mom is coming. I need to get dressed. I need to get the boys dressed. I need to take the dogs out. It's raining.

Aaaah!

I’m late!!

I’m late!!

For a very important date!!

No time to say good-bye, hello!!

I’m late, i’m Late, I’m late!!!

• Like 6