Menu

Ignore this thread!

Can someone come and adult for me, please? 

Second doctor's appointment done

Grocery shopping done

came home to find one toilet clogged

and the puppy now knows how to go down the stairs.  :svengo:

But dinner is in the oven.

And the dishwasher is finally rebooted and is running.  Even though the sink is still full of dishes that didn't make the first dishwasher load due to having too much.

Now. . .   unclog the stupid toilet.

• Like 7

2 am: They are home. Ds is pretty banged up. Nothing broken. Sprained wrist. Some stitches. Other driver was “driving while sleepyâ€. I have helped bandage ds up and put on a wrist splint. And told him to take Aleve. ER only did stitches. And with that: good night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:

Glad it wasn’t worse.

• Like 2

I love index cards, but not for school work. I use them to make lists, write notes, sketch out designs of things, and make origami jumping frogs. I hate comp notebooks. They don't open nicely and are a weird size.

Ds had his two hour comprehensive exam, x-rays and laser treatments. Doc says that it will be at least two weeks before he can work.

(((Tech Support)))

Praise the Lord! I found my ring!

:hurray:

(Though at first glance I thought you said you'd found your leg. Which would also be a good thing.)))

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Sunday!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Church!!⛪ï¸â›ªï¸â›ªï¸ðŸ‘ðŸ‘💕💕💕

DD1’s Birthday. She’s 12.

Jeannie!!😵. So glad Tech Support is ok.

Renai, it’s pretty amazing that she came to that realization before the age of 30. Most kids don’t.😜

Happy Birthday, Krissi’s dd! :party:

• Like 1

Me: Speaks Spanish all morning.

Also me: Cannot think of a Spanish verb to conjugate as an example.

:blink:

Is egg the second? I can think of PB subs, but not egg.

Flaxseed and water?

John ran in the kitchen wearing a ski mask, grabbed the tortillas and ran out the door. So I locked him out.

The Tortilla Bandit strikes again... but he'll live to regret it.

• Like 3

is it “buck naked†or “butt naked� I always wondered.

And is it "wild hair up my arse" or "wild hare up my arse"? 

I'd never heard this classy turn-of-phrase until I married my southern dreamboat.  And upon hearing ILs use it, I of course asked them which it was.    

Blank stares, like I had three heads. They'd never thought about it before.  No one knew.

• Like 4

My copy of Rethinking School has arrived, but I noticed that in the rear part of the book several scattered pages are very faintly printed.  Those of you who have it please check your copy.  I have already processed mine to return for replacement.

Bummer.  Now I have to wait a few more days.

Our cat poops outdoors. Not indoors. I agree with you on this one. I mean... I get it and I also am sensitive to the environmental impact of outdoor cats. I just... can't deal with it.

My cats also go outdoors.

IME litter boxes and babies need to he kept far, far apart.

I can't get to the article.   :huh:   I asked Linked In to give me a one-time login link.  They say they sent it, but I haven't received it.  I've checked spam, too, and it's not there.

Ds had his two hour comprehensive exam, x-rays and laser treatments. Doc says that it will be at least two weeks before he can work.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Our cat poops outdoors. Not indoors. I agree with you on this one. I mean... I get it and I also am sensitive to the environmental impact of outdoor cats. I just... can't deal with it.

My cat will use the litter box if she is trapped inside (like when we go on road trips and shut her in while we are away), but she far prefers the out of doors for that business.  And most other business, too.

DH has noticed that an owl appears to be moving into our neighborhood.  Also, with part of our fence down there is no protection in the back yard from the coyotes that frequent the drainage ditch, nor from stray dogs or other critters.  We are making sure to call the cat in earlier in the evening, and so far she has been right by the back door each time.  Sometimes somewhat fussed, too.

Tomorrow I will festoon DH's pomegranates and the honeysuckle with toy snakes (some of the ones I ordered just arrived) to see if they help discourage mockingbirds from selecting those plants as nesting sights.  We won't disturb a nest once it is occupied, but I'll certainly try to convince them to nest a little further from our doors so we don't have to keep fighting them off just to enter or leave our own house.

• Like 2

Can someone come and adult for me, please? 

Second doctor's appointment done

Grocery shopping done

came home to find one toilet clogged

and the puppy now knows how to go down the stairs.  :svengo:

But dinner is in the oven.

And the dishwasher is finally rebooted and is running.  Even though the sink is still full of dishes that didn't make the first dishwasher load due to having too much.

Now. . .   unclog the stupid toilet.

• Like 1

What a blessing, Angi!

Please send dinner for me by helicopter, CF....and soft Kleenex.

I am down to using toilet paper. I blew through all of the Kleenex.

I got the kitchen towels washed (all three dozen of them—so I only have to wash weekly), but that is the extent of my productivity today.

I'm so tired that I could go to bed right now and not get up until 7 tomorrow. I don't know why. I didn't do a bunch of hard work today.

Right there with you.  I was headed upstairs because headache, but then I realized if I got my book processed to be returned tonight DH would drop it by UPS for me in the morning, so I did that.  And then, of course, I needed to catch back up here.

And DH reminded me of what else I was trying to remember for tomorrow -- voting.  Sigh.  Either I go early, possibly not getting a shower until afternoon, thereby going to voting, the dentist, AND ballet with hair definitely needing washing, or I go in the early afternoon and struggle to find a parking spot and then wait in lines.   :svengo:

• Like 2

John ran in the kitchen wearing a ski mask, grabbed the tortillas and ran out the door. So I locked him out.

Watch out!  He might be turning them into shurikens!  

• Like 2

I'd never heard this classy turn-of-phrase until I married my southern dreamboat.  And upon hearing ILs use it, I of course asked them which it was.    

Blank stares, like I had three heads. They'd never thought about it before.  No one knew.

Hair.  Like those strays that tend to work their way down one's back, under one's shirt, and make it into one's underwear.  *shudder*  They drive me nuts.

• Like 1

Kernel is still the sickest I have ever seen him :(

I'm giving him expressed milk in a cup because he is too congested to nurse.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

:grouphug:

I remember dosing up on vitamin C (emergen-c or whatever), and the milk helping with Gymnast's congestion. She used to be congested constantly, possibly because of her winter birthday. I'd dose up some time before bedtime so she could sleep at night.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 1

Flaxseed and water?

The Tortilla Bandit strikes again... but he'll live to regret it.

Wouldn't taste good.

I always thought hair like when a dog poops out a hair and looses it's mind.

I think flaxseed and water or chia seeds and water are a substitute for egg. I know soy flour and water are.

What do chai seeds taste like?

(((Kernel)))

Day 50 of high stepping.

You are such a badass!

Btw- you guys are the bestest.

Especially me.
  • Like 3

I can't get to the article.   :huh:   I asked Linked In to give me a one-time login link.  They say they sent it, but I haven't received it.  I've checked spam, too, and it's not there.

Good grief. It sent the link to me.  :svengo:

• Like 1

I love index cards. For all kinds of fun thing. Many uses they have.

I also love composition books. I really love composition books.

What is the appeal about composition notebooks? I hate them. Maybe it's because I'm left handed and they have a stupid hump in the center that you can't avoid. I hate that the public schools require a zillion of them and never use more than half of each one. Even spirals are better- I can just write on the back of every page and not deal with the spirals. You can't do that with composition notebooks.

What do chai seeds taste like?

Little tiny balls of nothing. If they get wet and swell they taste very slightly like crunchier tapioca with a mostly nothing taste.

• Like 3

What is the appeal about composition notebooks? I hate them. Maybe it's because I'm left handed and they have a stupid hump in the center that you can't avoid. I hate that the public schools require a zillion of them and never use more than half of each one. Even spirals are better- I can just write on the back of every page and not deal with the spirals. You can't do that with composition notebooks.

Little tiny balls of nothing. If they get wet and swell they taste very slightly like crunchier tapioca with a mostly nothing taste.

They don't fall apart like spirals.

This would work better than flax, me thinks.

Spiral pages come out too easily, now that they've perforated all the pages. Spirals used to be my go-to.