Menu

Ignore this thread!

Can someone tell me: on Sunday morning at 2 am do I set the clock back to 1 am or forward to 3 am? It’s forward to 3 am right? So we go to bed earlier than our bodies want to and get up earlier as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spring ahead. We lose an hour.

• Like 4

I'm in denial about Daylight Savings Time. It marks the onset of massive crabbiness for many months until the time is back to normal.

I finished the schedules with time to spare, and the phone rang. It was a recorded message telling me about low-cost funeral and burial services. :blink: Okay, then. If I wasn't sure it was Monday, I'm sure now.

• Like 6

Ah, yes, the bi-yearly discussion that goes something like this:

<Me> Don't forget to set the clock forward.

<DH> I think this is the kind clock resets itself.

<Me> We discussed this last time. No, it isn't.

<DH> I'm pretty sure it is.

<Me> No. Be nice if it was.

<DH> But when the power goes off, it resets itself.

<Me> It doesn't reset itself for the time change. We discussed this.

<DH> I'm pretty sure it does.

• Like 6

Baby Juliet has diarrhea all last evening. She let me know each time with a plaintive whine as she ran for the door. (I wish she cared about pee too but that’s a different story. ). Anyway, at 6 am I heard an uncharacteristic whine from her crate and rushed her outside. I’m so grateful that the both of us were able to go back for second sleep.

• Like 4

Baby Juliet has diarrhea all last evening. She let me know each time with a plaintive whine as she ran for the door. (I wish she cared about pee too but that’s a different story. ). Anyway, at 6 am I heard an uncharacteristic whine from her crate and rushed her outside. I’m so grateful that the both of us were able to go back for second sleep.

Poor baby. Did she eat something she shouldn't have eaten?

I refuse to consider what my ideal day would be. It would bear so little resemblance to anything real that I'm afraid that it would be too depressing to think about. . Right now, I just have to focus on this season and put one foot in front of the other.

)

I'm so glad you said this. I feel the same way. I was thinking, if I go there it will NOT be good for my attitude... Right now this has to be the ideal that I have chosen even if it's not about satisfying my short term wants or even short term needs.

• Like 7

I know this wouldn't be good for a marriage and it is probably why I have been divorced but can you take two phones and the damned clock and set one phone next to the clock, and through other on record, at midnight? And then post the resulting proof that you are right on Facebook or perhaps email it to his boss or something?

Sigh. Of course you can't. Though you could do it secretly and bring it up next year.

• Like 5

My 17 year old cat is not doing well. 😩 She’s Just Old And decrepit and losing her mind a bit. She’s got a comfy, warm safe bed in the garage and she doesn’t seem to be in any pain, but she can barely walk and is just so pathetic looking.... I pick her up and she is all bones, though she does eat and drink and there’s a poop in the litter box every day.

I know this wouldn't be good for a marriage and it is probably why I have been divorced but can you take two phones and the damned clock and set one phone next to the clock, and through other on record, at midnight? And then post the resulting proof that you are right on Facebook or perhaps email it to his boss or something?

Sigh. Of course you can't. Though you could do it secretly and bring it up next year.

Nah. It's too much fun having the bi-yearly argument. :lol:

• Like 4

My 17 year old cat is not doing well. 😩 She’s Just Old And decrepit and losing her mind a bit. She’s got a comfy, warm safe bed in the garage and she doesn’t seem to be in any pain, but she can barely walk and is just so pathetic looking.... I pick her up and she is all bones, though she does eat and drink and there’s a poop in the litter box every day.

Get her checked for high thyroid if you haven't had that done yet.

• Like 1

I will run it regardless.

I very rarely cancel a class anymore. This particular one, I did move the date by a week to allow more time for enrollments, so it will run whether or not more families enroll. Besides, it's a new course, and the experiment has to begin with someone...

I actually wanted to participate in that class with my girls, AND it was at a time of day and day of the week we could theoretically make.  But with everything going on right now we can't make it reliably, and my brain is pleading "not now" in regards to adding new stuff to process.

Please keep us informed if you decide to run more of these family classes some later month.  Our schedule will lighten up sometime....

• Like 1

DD’s perfect day: “spend the day in the Big City doing and seeing stuff. Eat at gluten free cafe. “. Or. “Go rick climbing. “

Please advise your DD to proceed with caution when climbing hay ricks.  Those things can get slippery.

• Like 2

Ed-Po!

The last weeks of WWS will be the death of me. I know taking notes is important, and everyone should know how to do it. But I despise index cards for notes. I won't even use them for notes when I'm writing. 

I also see no point in taking notes on sources until I have a rough draft of what I'm writing. What is the point? I might not even use those notes! 

Pantser meets planner and fireworks ensue. 

I see the value. It's just so far removed from the way I write that it gives me hives. I've had the hardest time keeping my cool and reminding myself that this stuff is helpful, useful and needful. Four more weeks--but I've half a mind to discuss my alternate way of doing things to keep from getting irritated. It's not that the way in WWS isn't a good way. It's an excellent way of planning and preparing to write. Just not my way.

• Like 6

Chicken

Asian Salad

Enchiladas ***** (IP, you can use so much less cheese!)

Burrito Bowl ****

Cream Cheese Chile ****

Sweet Potato Chicken Poppers ****

Fish

Bacalhau ***** (too much chopping, we have contemplated subbing rice, but a family favorite)

Fish Pie ***** (strongly reminiscent of clam chowder)

Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa *****

Other Meat

Pasta Salad *** (greasy but easy and keeps well, *anything* other than egg noodles  :confused1: preferably a traditional GF pasta)

One Pot Cheesy Pasta

Next post coming up soon...

For the Bacalhau do you buy actual salted cod at the grocery store (if so, what part of the store, please), or are you using something else instead?

(((Junie)))

(((Critter))) hope you find some relief.

Spring Forward.

Ding dong the plateau’s gone.

I lost a pound

I lost a pound.

Ding dong the wicked plateaus gone!

:hurray:

(and :glare: all that walking last week and I gained 2 lbs. and no, it's not muscle. It would take 6 months of serious weight lifting to gain even 1lb of muscle.)

Skittles bit PoPo this morning and has been banished to the carrier. It is cold and drizzling and I am drinking hot lemon water to warm up.

• Like 4

What's YOUR perfect day?

I have time to attend to just a few things so I feel like I'm moving ahead well.

I get to paddle on a lake, or I get to stroll and lounge about in the desert Southwest with my BFF (family too, willing family)

I remember all my meds and supplements and take them all on time.

Temps are in the 70s (F).  No mosquitoes.

I either get to cook and eat yummy things, or I get to eat yummy things someone else cooked, things that really hit the spot.

I get time to ponder, and just watch the world go by, and mull, and think, and write.

Everyone is content and cooperative and getting enough of their own stuff done to keep moving ahead well.

We each get time to BREATHE.  Without allergens.

I guess the bolded are the highest priorities of this list.

• Like 4

We need a different one for Rethinking School. I thought BRS as in Bauer's Rethinking School.

Bauer booya(h)!

Or SWB RS, if people need more clarification.

• Like 3

Get up as late as I want to and spend all day at a museum. 

Road trip by myself or maybe with dh.  I don't mind the driving, but I want valet parking.  :)

To be able to walk without my cane, without limping, without pain.  So, normally.   :glare:

Eat whatever I want without worrying if it will kill me.

You and I need to museum together sometime.  I love museums.

• Like 2

Hi! I love you. I'm not even gonna try to ketchup, but I will try to keep up!

I'm good. Kids are good. Marriage is, surprisingly, still really good. Health is not so good, and kids have adjustment and attitude issues, hence the long silence. I'll share more when I can get back on, but I wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.

Yay, Bookie popped in!   :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :001_wub:

• Like 2

Good Morning!

I woke up at 5:30ish nearly screaming in pain.  I would rate the headache at a 6.  I at some crackers (and chocolate), took Advil and a shower, and went back to bed.  The pain is down to a 2, so I'm going to call that a win.

ETA:  Lovely.  A Monday morning Booyah.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I was so tired this morning that I mixed my twins up. I have no excuse- I was looking right at her and she was talking! She said she was offended but I think she secretly thought, “haha, we can still fool Mom.â€

Then, I was moving so slowly that I didn’t catch Baby before he fell smack on his face on the hardwood floor. He’d been sitting so well that I was a bit complacent. He forgives, and is fine because he didn’t have far to fall.

And there was a gnat in my coffee mug after I fixed it just right. Yuck. I tossed it all in pique when I should have just fished it out. Because we’re out of filters. 😩

I’m feeling better now, though because I’m finally awake! I wish I didn’t have to people and do things until I’ve been up for an hour or so. It’s time to do the things!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

You could try a couple layers of paper towel as a coffee filter.  You might have to dampen it to shape it.  I remember my Mom doing this once or twice when she was out of filters.

• Like 3

Can someone tell me: on Sunday morning at 2 am do I set the clock back to 1 am or forward to 3 am? It’s forward to 3 am right? So we go to bed earlier than our bodies want to and get up earlier as well?

Yup, spring forward an hour.  2 AM magically becomes 3 AM, and we "lose" and hour.

• Like 1

I've slumped myself at the school table. I have my box of kleenex, my trash bag for said kleenex, my diffuser, and my chapstick.  I'm in stretchy grey leggings, a hoodie, and I have my fuzzy socks on.  Ugh. I need a nap.

Thar she blows booyah..... :nopity:  :nopity:  :nopity:  :ack2: 

Edited by kbeal
  • Like 10

I'm in denial about Daylight Savings Time. It marks the onset of massive crabbiness for many months until the time is back to normal.

I finished the schedules with time to spare, and the phone rang. It was a recorded message telling me about low-cost funeral and burial services. :blink: Okay, then. If I wasn't sure it was Monday, I'm sure now.

"It's Daylight SaVING.  It's not plural!"

#moviequote   :laugh:

• Like 4

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  Juliet

• Like 1

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I have time to attend to just a few things so I feel like I'm moving ahead well.

I get to paddle on a lake, or I get to stroll and lounge about in the desert Southwest with my BFF (family too, willing family)

I remember all my meds and supplements and take them all on time.

Temps are in the 70s (F).  No mosquitoes.

I either get to cook and eat yummy things, or I get to eat yummy things someone else cooked, things that really hit the spot.

I get time to ponder, and just watch the world go by, and mull, and think, and write.

Everyone is content and cooperative and getting enough of their own stuff done to keep moving ahead well.

We each get time to BREATHE.  Without allergens.

I guess the bolded are the highest priorities of this list.

I forgot to mention watching sunrises and sunsets and weather.  They are always implied, where I am concerned.

As is getting to listen to snow falling.

And the smell of rain in the desert.

Edited by AMJ

I've slumped myself at the school table. I have my box of kleenex, my trash bag for said kleenex, my diffuser, and my chapstick.  I'm in stretchy grey leggings, a hoodie, and I have my fuzzy socks on.  Ugh. I need a nap.

Thar she blows booyah..... :nopity:  :nopity:  :nopity:  :ack2: 

So apt!   :lol:  :lol:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

My back hurts. My dishwasher, washing machine and slow cooker are working. FAJITAS! I'm 90 minutes behind schedule. Gug. I'm torn about taking the kids out now because we probably won't finish school if I do. Gug.

Milk is gross.

For the Bacalhau do you buy actual salted cod at the grocery store (if so, what part of the store, please), or are you using something else instead?

Buy cod. Salt cod. Save cash.

• Like 4

I've slumped myself at the school table. I have my box of kleenex, my trash bag for said kleenex, my diffuser, and my chapstick. I'm in stretchy grey leggings, a hoodie, and I have my fuzzy socks on. Ugh. I need a nap.

Thar she blows booyah..... :nopity: :nopity: :nopity: :ack2:

This sounds very comfy, except you should be on the couch.

Hope you feel better!

:smilielol5:

Us.  This script.  Exactly.

• Like 2

Ed-Po!

The last weeks of WWS will be the death of me. I know taking notes is important, and everyone should know how to do it. But I despise index cards for notes. I won't even use them for notes when I'm writing. 

I also see no point in taking notes on sources until I have a rough draft of what I'm writing. What is the point? I might not even use those notes! 

Pantser meets planner and fireworks ensue. 

I see the value. It's just so far removed from the way I write that it gives me hives. I've had the hardest time keeping my cool and reminding myself that this stuff is helpful, useful and needful. Four more weeks--but I've half a mind to discuss my alternate way of doing things to keep from getting irritated. It's not that the way in WWS isn't a good way. It's an excellent way of planning and preparing to write. Just not my way.

Why index cards, anyway?  I hated using them, even when I learned in high school. I use a notebook. I had photographic memory so would remember the book I read something out of, so I wrote notes according to source, not specific topic. No, it is not efficient. But, I'm probably adhd and it's the way my brain works. Also, the way my brain works, index cards would get lost. Notebooks stay together. I mean, they are NOTEbooks...

ETA:  :rant:  :nopity:

Edited by Renai
  • Like 6