Menu

Ignore this thread!

I don't know what thw category choices are, but I would guess my dc probably don't fall into any of them. Well, ds10 anyway.

She doesn't have category choices, but following the exercise, she describes what you should do with the information. Kids who have their days planned full of things to do and places to do might be bored and want to do more. Kids who have long stretches of time with nothing planned might prefer a slower pace to their day or more time to themselves. Kids who have fantastic ideas are probably very imaginative.

She suggests that kids who want to sleep all day may be wanting to escape from something.

There isn't anything for mothers who want to sleep all day--I figure we're just tired to our bones. :laugh:

• Like 8

I have a doer who would probably like to go more places. Not extroverted, but he does like to share those experiences with people who mean a lot to him. I already knew some of that because he will come and get me to "watch this with me, Mom" or he'll interrupt his work to tell me about his plans to build his dam or how excited he is to have so many cactus plants coming up. It breaks his heart if you are not as interested in his work as he is. Very tenderhearted and takes things personally.

The other is a contemplative loner. He prefers to do things by himself, and would rather I not do much of anything with him. This kid hated evening reading, but will write for hours and is happy to share his work when he's finished a chapter. He likes to learn things so that he can do them himself. Adventure doesn't mean that much to him. Everything has to relate to whether he wants to learn it, or it's not worth his time or energy. Yet he's very compliant for the most part, although he will complain louder and longer than his brother when he doesn't like something.

ETA: The first turtle will instigate literary analysis on his own. I think he would talk about what he's reading for hours and be very happy. He's gifted creatively, and chafes with too much instruction. The second turtle will complain about instructions, but he likes having a route to get to the finish line so he can go do something else.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 6

My perfect day:

Sleep until ten. Chores done when I get up and all happy critters.

Hot tea. 

Write until noon.

Delicious lunch that I cook.

Write until dinner.

Snack dinner because lunch was so good, no dishes generated.

Write until bedtime.

More hot tea. Interpret as you will, either is probably correct. :D

ETA: This is in my perfect house where my writing desk looks out over a deep valley, full of hemlock trees and roaring water, and I can see my favorite waterfall spilling endlessly over the rocky ledge down to the deep pool where I can go and swim on hot days. There's no school. The boys are free to play, write, go swim, kayak in the river below the falls, and DH doesn't go to work, but gets to rest as long as he likes, mow the little strip of green behind the house, and contracts to help people with their landscaping projects. He's also built me a nice stone road to go to the waterfall, and a gazebo where the cats get to lounge on sunny days, and the dogs get to sprawl on the porch and the chickens have the most beautiful chicken house and hawk-proof enclosure. Also my garden is perfect and any and all grasshoppers fly right into the chicken pen and get eaten.

ETA: It looks like Tom Bombadil's house, complete with the injunction about what comes and goes through the door.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 7

Get up as late as I want to and spend all day at a museum. 

Road trip by myself or maybe with dh.  I don't mind the driving, but I want valet parking.  :)

To be able to walk without my cane, without limping, without pain.  So, normally.   :glare:

Eat whatever I want without worrying if it will kill me.

• Like 7

I churched online.  #migraine

(The migraine isn't bad, but I have learned that churching with a migraine is really not a good idea.  I still do it sometimes, but I usually wish that I had stayed home.)

I did a really quick clean of all of the bathrooms.

Now I'm hydrating. ;)

• Like 3

Hi! I love you. I'm not even gonna try to ketchup, but I will try to keep up!

I'm good. Kids are good. Marriage is, surprisingly, still really good. Health is not so good, and kids have adjustment and attitude issues, hence the long silence. I'll share more when I can get back on, but I wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.

Hi! This sounds great! Miss you!

I'm outta likes!

Hi Bookie!  Glad things are going mostly well!  

Yay for Jean and Day 49!

(((Angi)))  Hope you find your ring!

My perfect day would include more time alone.  Along with the house cleaned by someone else and a meal cooked by someone else.  And working one on one with each child as needed, efficiently - not having to wait around for them to be ready - so my part of the school day could be done early and I could get other things done.  

• Like 4

My perfect day would have no stress. I would wake up without pain. I would have had a good solid 8 hours of sleep. I would have a nice breakfast.

I would have a nice chore time with no interruptions. (I don’t mind chores if I don’t have pain. ).

I would have a nice pet play and training time.

I would have a student who learned with actual enthusiasm. I would have great discussions based on their discoveries. I would suggest great rabbit trails to follow for further learning.

(This is actually how I would love to learn things).

I would have the time and money to lunch out at a nice cafe (gf of course) after study time at the library or a nice museum.

Afternoon would include some time in the garden, workshop or studio.

I would also have time and energy to cook. On days with no time or ideas , someone else would cook for me. But I actually like cooking if there is no stress.

Evenings would include some stress free entertaining on occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Hi! I love you. I'm not even gonna try to ketchup, but I will try to keep up!

I'm good. Kids are good. Marriage is, surprisingly, still really good. Health is not so good, and kids have adjustment and attitude issues, hence the long silence. I'll share more when I can get back on, but I wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.

Love you, Bookie! 💗 Think about and pray for you often!

• Like 2

My perfect day??

Probably something along the lines of Saturdays during my single days when I lived in the Bay Area. I’d wake up when I felt like it, have a bowl of Captain Crunch and a cup of COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ In bed with the newspaper and watch everyone in my apartment complex out my sliding glass door as they walked, jogged, or drove past. Then, i’d Do a little housework, maybe go for a bike ride, then go to Home Depot and get some 6-packs and do some gardening in the container garden of my balcony. Then, maybe go out to dinner and a movie with some friends in the evening or stay home with Chinese food and the tv.

• Like 5

You know, I understand and appreciate the sentiment that that song is trying to convey, but.... if the bills get too past due they will shut off your electricity and water, if the cleaning, scrubbing and cobwebs wait too long CPS will come and take your kids. And the dishes eventually have to be done, or you won’t have anything to eat off, unless you only eat off paper plates, in which case you will generate a whole lot of trash which, in keeping with the theme of the song, will not get taken out, thus inviting all sorts of vermin to make their home in your domicile.

That's why it's the song for the 5th kid. The others can help out now while Mommy rocks the baby and Daddy knows he needs to pick up the slack.

• Like 11

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Any idea if the other driver was insured? Protective DH here is suggesting quite strongly that the other's insurance "make your son whole", in that they don't just pay for "current value" of the vehicle but instead pay ALL of the costs (including the registration and other fees) of getting a comparably functional vehicle to replace the totaled one. Plus all medical costs, obviously.

I hope you can get some better sleep tonight, perhaps even a decent nap today, dogs willing.

And we are SO relieved your son wasn't hurt worse. The other driver isn't seriously hurt either, right? (I do hope so.)

Agreed. Don't sign ANYTHING until you are whole. $2,000 in counseling and physical therapy are nothing to them. They will ask you to sign papers that the medical care is done. I would not do that until the entire process is finished and you are sure 100% of costs are covered. They can't pay you more than the estimate for the car, which is done according to an opaque formula, in WA. But they CAN give you money for unrelated things to ensure all bureaucratic nonsense and medical fees are settled.

However their incentive to do this goes way down after you have signed the medical forms.

• Like 3

THERE'S A CONCEPTUAL INTEGRATED SCIENCE!

Are there labs with these things? Do I have to do the labs? I want all the things.

Dancer only did a portion of the Conceptual Chemistry, but all the labs she did were simple, find-materials-mostly-around-the-house labs.

• Like 2

I have a doer who would probably like to go more places. Not extroverted, but he does like to share those experiences with people who mean a lot to him. I already knew some of that because he will come and get me to "watch this with me, Mom" or he'll interrupt his work to tell me about his plans to build his dam or how excited he is to have so many cactus plants coming up. It breaks his heart if you are not as interested in his work as he is. Very tenderhearted and takes things personally.

The other is a contemplative loner. He prefers to do things by himself, and would rather I not do much of anything with him. This kid hated evening reading, but will write for hours and is happy to share his work when he's finished a chapter. He likes to learn things so that he can do them himself. Adventure doesn't mean that much to him. Everything has to relate to whether he wants to learn it, or it's not worth his time or energy. Yet he's very compliant for the most part, although he will complain louder and longer than his brother when he doesn't like something.

ETA: The first turtle will instigate literary analysis on his own. I think he would talk about what he's reading for hours and be very happy. He's gifted creatively, and chafes with too much instruction. The second turtle will complain about instructions, but he likes having a route to get to the finish line so he can go do something else.

Gymnast sounds a lot like Turtle 1. Although her complaining probably sounds a lot like Turtle 2, without the compliant part. And she's always wanting to "explain something" to me about why something should or shouldn't or I should or shouldn't or why she did although she may not have supposed to... :001_rolleyes:

• Like 6

Go. to. bed.

That's where I'm headed. And right now, for reals.

I did.   

Good Monday Morning!  The Queen's favorite day!

COFFEE!!!!

Public Service Announcement:  Start getting up 15 minutes earlier every day this week in preparation for spring forward Time Change!   :svengo:  :tongue_smilie:

No!
  • Like 4

Good Morning!

I woke up at 5:30ish nearly screaming in pain.  I would rate the headache at a 6.  I at some crackers (and chocolate), took Advil and a shower, and went back to bed.  The pain is down to a 2, so I'm going to call that a win.

ETA:  Lovely.  A Monday morning Booyah.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3

Good morning. I forgot to remember to make the school plans for the week. I'll have to do that this morning. Can I just take the day off instead?

Caffeine first.

I forgot to make our weekly assignment sheets, but I just talked to the dc and they still have work from last week that they haven't finished.

This seems to happen a lot  :glare: , but at least they have the power outage this time as an excuse.

• Like 3

I was so tired this morning that I mixed my twins up. I have no excuse- I was looking right at her and she was talking! She said she was offended but I think she secretly thought, “haha, we can still fool Mom.â€

Then, I was moving so slowly that I didn’t catch Baby before he fell smack on his face on the hardwood floor. He’d been sitting so well that I was a bit complacent. He forgives, and is fine because he didn’t have far to fall.

And there was a gnat in my coffee mug after I fixed it just right. Yuck. I tossed it all in pique when I should have just fished it out. Because we’re out of filters. 😩

I’m feeling better now, though because I’m finally awake! I wish I didn’t have to people and do things until I’ve been up for an hour or so. It’s time to do the things!

• Like 8

I was so tired this morning that I mixed my twins up. I have no excuse- I was looking right at her and she was talking! She said she was offended but I think she secretly thought, “haha, we can still fool Mom.â€

Then, I was moving so slowly that I didn’t catch Baby before he fell smack on his face on the hardwood floor. He’d been sitting so well that I was a bit complacent. He forgives, and is fine because he didn’t have far to fall.

And there was a gnat in my coffee mug after I fixed it just right. Yuck. I tossed it all in pique when I should have just fished it out. Because we’re out of filters. 😩

I’m feeling better now, though because I’m finally awake! I wish I didn’t have to people and do things until I’ve been up for an hour or so. It’s time to do the things!

It sounds like you're having a Monday.   :grouphug:

:grouphug: Junie. I woke up last night with some cramps, but they weren't a 6. Probably a 4. 

I've decided to power through and get the things done. But I think we'll have a light and easy day today, and chili for dinner.

:grouphug:  for you, too.  I hope your pain lessens.

• Like 2

Hi, Bookie!! 

(((Prairie)))

(((Junie)))

My perfect day:

Waking up earlier than everyone else, and everyone else staying asleep long enough for me to shower and have an omelet and coffee and an hour of quiet reading time.

Content Happy Children buzzing about doing their independent morning chores and schoolwork while I cook a big pot of oatmeal with fresh berries to serve on top.   And then start lunch and dinner so that everything is piping hot and bubbly by the time we get hungry for lunch and dinner. 

Everything done by 1pm, so Content Happy Children can cheerfully pick up the house and then join me on an afternoon hike. 

The house magically being cleaned while we are gone.

Dh coming home after having a great day at work.

Everyone liking dinner.

Dh doing dishes AND teeth-brushing while I have a quiet cup of tea with my solitude and my dessert.

An evening read-aloud with no interruptions (because of Content Happy Children, of course)

Kisses and prayers and hugs and bed. 

------

Today started with wailing and blood and a sobbing guilty three year-old.  So today is shot, I'm afraid.  Maybe perfection tomorrow.   

• Like 7

I refuse to consider what my ideal day would be. It would bear so little resemblance to anything real that I'm afraid that it would be too depressing to think about. . Right now, I just have to focus on this season and put one foot in front of the other.

I'm dreading this time change. I bought tickets months ago for a Tim Hawkins concert on Saturday, about an hour or so away. Then, a month later, For King and Country announced a tour date in the Big City. On Sunday. So we will be out late on Saturday and then I will take DD and Bestie to the concert, 2 hours there and back. On Spring Forward Day. Something tells me that I will be doing very little actual springing. :glare:

(We live very rurally, so I make a priority of giving my kid some "big fun" experiences. And FK&C is her second favorite band behind Needtobreathe and probably Bestie's fave. So I shall suck it up. I'm just whining.)

• Like 10