Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'll be staying home from church with a sick baby. Need to go now and try to give him his antibiotic--took three tries last time because he kept spitting it out.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Take your medicine, Little Kernel!  Get better quickly!

• Like 1

What kind of recipes do you want?

Good ones. GF and delicious and easy, please. :)

The dishes need to be done. Anyone? Anyone?

1 2 3 not it!

Ds had late night car accident.

:grouphug:  for you and Mr. Jean and TS. Glad he'll be okay, but I know the adrenaline is not good for anybody.

I'm trying to decide whether I feel up to going to church.

Edpo: Also who else is going to take Renai's class starting Tuesday? It needs 2 more kids to go. Vamos a hablar de la comida. A DS le gusta mucho comer, so this is my best hope for inspiring us to get more Spanish done this semester. We're going to need a tutor in the fall, I think. He says he doesn't want to switch to Japanese now. /edpo

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Sunday!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Church!!⛪ï¸â›ªï¸â›ªï¸ðŸ‘ðŸ‘💕💕💕

DD1’s Birthday. She’s 12.

Jeannie!!😵. So glad Tech Support is ok.

Renai, it’s pretty amazing that she came to that realization before the age of 30. Most kids don’t.😜

• Like 8

:grouphug: Jean and Tech Support. I hope he's not too sore this morning. Did the car survive?

I'm up and petting a young cat while the old cat returns to bed for her early morning nap. A bunch of seeds are up: all the cotton, many tomatoes and the basil. Still waiting on more tomatoes, the tobacco, and most of the peppers.

Oh, we have lots of cactus plants. :svengo:

What do you do with cactus?? Some people around here eat it. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Sunday!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Church!!⛪ï¸â›ªï¸â›ªï¸ðŸ‘ðŸ‘💕💕💕

DD1’s Birthday. She’s 12.

Jeannie!!😵. So glad Tech Support is ok.

Renai, it’s pretty amazing that she came to that realization before the age of 30. Most kids don’t.😜

Happy birthday, Miss 12!   :party:  :party:  :party:

• Like 2

I need to practice this approximately five billion times before next Friday bc singing polyphony is like doing mental math while someone else recites the multiplication tables in your ear.

It’s going to be so awesome once we get it down, though!

Thankfully the director decided not to give us any more new music for a while. Yes, I think two whole masses, two chant hymns, and two polyphonic pieces are enough for a while! :svengo: Maybe really good choirs can handle a new piece every week but we are very amateur.

Wow, that is beautiful. I love that,💕💕🎼🎶🎵

(((Tech Support & Jean & Co)))

Glad he is OK!

What happened to the car?

Totaled.  Insurance told me to ask for a "police tow" but I actually didn't ask ds about it last night.  I haven't seen anybody yet this morning.  I don't know if dh will be preaching as usual but I'm not going to church this morning.  They can ask someone else to put together communion or they can put it off a week.  i didn't get much sleep (adrenaline even knowing he was ok). 

• Like 6

I think you should have told him how you REALLY felt.

lol.

:lol:

You're not supposed to swear in church.

2 am: They are home. Ds is pretty banged up. Nothing broken. Sprained wrist. Some stitches. Other driver was “driving while sleepyâ€. I have helped bandage ds up and put on a wrist splint. And told him to take Aleve. ER only did stitches. And with that: good night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad he's okay. I'm sorry you were up late.  

Good ones. GF and delicious and easy, please. :)

1 2 3 not it!

:grouphug:  for you and Mr. Jean and TS. Glad he'll be okay, but I know the adrenaline is not good for anybody.

I'm trying to decide whether I feel up to going to church.

Edpo: Also who else is going to take Renai's class starting Tuesday? It needs 2 more kids to go. Vamos a hablar de la comida. A DS le gusta mucho comer, so this is my best hope for inspiring us to get more Spanish done this semester. We're going to need a tutor in the fall, I think. He says he doesn't want to switch to Japanese now. /edpo

Ok. Hand on a smidgen.

Happy birthday to all my ITT nieces and nephews! I haven't been posting each time I saw one.

🎉🎊🎆🎂ðŸ°

Me neither. I'm sorry. Happy birthday to all the peoples.
  • Like 4

The boy has just detailed every volcano in his fantasy world on a large sheet of paper. Very impressive.

I wrote two query letters for two more agents, did a critique and spent the morning contacting some writers I know regarding contests coming up this spring.

• Like 7

Ds said that the other driver must have been going 60 on a non highway road.  Police were debating whether to take him into custody first or to take him to the hospital and then custody.  Ds's car is in pieces.  It was scary looking at the pictures.  The other car was even worse - accordioned.  The firemen had to cut his car open like a can to get him out. 

Dh is giving me care instructions for ds' knee which was cut pretty badly. 

• Like 3

Ds said that the other driver must have been going 60 on a non highway road.  Police were debating whether to take him into custody first or to take him to the hospital and then custody.  Ds's car is in pieces.  It was scary looking at the pictures.  The other car was even worse - accordioned.  The firemen had to cut his car open like a can to get him out. 

Quoting myself to say that now I know the speed the other car was going, I am doubting the "driving while sleepy" claim.  It sounds like the police doubted it too. 

• Like 4

Totaled.  Insurance told me to ask for a "police tow" but I actually didn't ask ds about it last night.  I haven't seen anybody yet this morning.  I don't know if dh will be preaching as usual but I'm not going to church this morning.  They can ask someone else to put together communion or they can put it off a week.  i didn't get much sleep (adrenaline even knowing he was ok). 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Any idea if the other driver was insured?  Protective DH here is suggesting quite strongly that the other's insurance "make your son whole", in that they don't just pay for "current value" of the vehicle but instead pay ALL of the costs (including the registration and other fees) of getting a comparably functional vehicle to replace the totaled one.  Plus all medical costs, obviously.

I hope you can get some better sleep tonight, perhaps even a decent nap today, dogs willing.

And we are SO relieved your son wasn't hurt worse.  The other driver isn't seriously hurt either, right?  (I do hope so.)

• Like 3

Praise God for His protection of Tech Support. I'm sorry about the car, but better the car than the boy.

I really really really really really don't like impaired drivers. Operating a vehicle is operating a deadly weapon; one should behave accordingly.

Hugs and prayers, Jean.

• Like 6

In other news, I have not lost weight in two weeks. I have been hovering at my lowest weight for five days, however. I am thinking bazooka to blast through this plateau. What do you think?

Bazooka is always the answer. And I can think of another handy application, too... Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 4

I have no idea what we are going to do with them. Grow them in pots on the front porch I suppose. One of them could be a Saguaro. They are mixed seeds.

Don't forget to pipe spaghetti western music over some speakers for them so they feel like they are in a hot and dry environment.

:laugh:

• Like 4

GF, simple and yummy

1-5 stars, no stars for new recipes

Breakfast

Paleo Breakfast Casserole

Sweet Potato Quiche ****

Sweet Potato, Apple and Pancetta Hash ****

Beef

Beef tips or chuck roast in a slow cooker with cream of mushroom soup, red wine and onion soup mix. Serve over pasta, rice or quinoa with a veggie. *****

Burrito Pie **** (sub corn tortillas)

Beef Stroganoff ****

Meatloaf **** (lots of veggies in this, need to make multiple and freeze)

Pakistani Kima ****

Pot Roast ***** (my favorite recipe, not simple but leftovers galore)

Fajitas ****

Have to church. I'll be back with chicken, pig, fish, veggies and sweets.

• Like 3

Those crumple zones look alarming afterwards, but they probably saved that other driver's life.  Cars nowadays are designed to crumple to absorb energy while protecting the cage around the people.  So glad things weren't worse.

• Like 3

Happy Birthday to Krissi's DD!

Get well soon, Kernel.

((Tech Support)) Sorry about the car. I'm glad he's home and okay.

Thank you to whoever suggested the Kids N Pets cleaner. My carpets haven't been this clean in a while. It really does work.

I'm contemplating scrapping all my plans for next year and starting over. I think I'm just bored and want shiny new curriculum stuffs.

• Like 7

Quoting myself to say that now I know the speed the other car was going, I am doubting the "driving while sleepy" claim.  It sounds like the police doubted it too. 

I wouldn't discount it entirely, but it sounds like it wasn't the only contributing factor.  If anything this makes it worse -- speeding while drowsy (probably hurrying to get home and go to bed).  The speeding and the driving while impaired (drowsy) are each sufficient by themselves to cause a whole lot of hurt.

• Like 2

In other news, I have not lost weight in two weeks. I have been hovering at my lowest weight for five days, however. I am thinking bazooka to blast through this plateau. What do you think?

You have been meeting the bigger step goal for a month and a half now AND keeping your weight from climbing back up despite stress and flares (both can cause weight-increasing inflammation).  I'd say you are doing good already, and if you want to bazooka further then go for it!

Go, Jeannie, go!

• Like 5

GF, simple and yummy

1-5 stars, no stars for new recipes

Breakfast

Paleo Breakfast Casserole

Sweet Potato Quiche ****

Sweet Potato, Apple and Pancetta Hash ****

Beef

Beef tips or chuck roast in a slow cooker with cream of mushroom soup, red wine and onion soup mix. Serve over pasta, rice or quinoa with a veggie. *****

Burrito Pie **** (sub corn tortillas)

Beef Stroganoff ****

Meatloaf **** (lots of veggies in this, need to make multiple and freeze)

Pakistani Kima ****

Pot Roast ***** (my favorite recipe, not simple but leftovers galore)

Fajitas ****

Have to church. I'll be back with chicken, pig, fish, veggies and sweets.

:drool5:   I should try a couple of these this week to satisfy my craving to play with food again.  I especially like stroganoff, so I'd like to see how that one is.  

• Like 1

2 am: They are home. Ds is pretty banged up. Nothing broken. Sprained wrist. Some stitches. Other driver was “driving while sleepyâ€. I have helped bandage ds up and put on a wrist splint. And told him to take Aleve. ER only did stitches. And with that: good night.

I am so glad it wasn't worse - for both drivers. About a month ago was the anniversary of my aunt falling asleep at the wheel. I wish people would take that more seriously.

How is TS taking it? Is he okay (not just physically)?

• Like 3

What do you do with cactus?? Some people around here eat it.

It depends on the cactus. The ones with flat leaves are usually the ones eaten (tastes kinda good with scrambled eggs). Some of them, you can eat the fruit. They're full of seeds though, and I'm too lazy to eat like that.

• Like 2

Bazooka seems a little drastic, no?

Or, maybe "bazooka" is metaphor for something else...?

• Like 1

I am so glad it wasn't worse - for both drivers. About a month ago was the anniversary of my aunt falling asleep at the wheel. I wish people would take that more seriously.

He already has a list of possible cars he’d like to get next... He is sad about this one though.

• Like 5

Oh my goodness!   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:   Hope you are all getting some rest and recovery today.  

Yes to the bazooka.  Keep doing all the good things.  You'll break through soon!

Happy Birthday to Krissi's DD!

Get well soon, Kernel.

((Tech Support)) Sorry about the car. I'm glad he's home and okay.

Thank you to whoever suggested the Kids N Pets cleaner. My carpets haven't been this clean in a while. It really does work.

I'm contemplating scrapping all my plans for next year and starting over. I think I'm just bored and want shiny new curriculum stuffs.

Ooooo, fun.  Let's pretend!  Let's pretend that all my kids are great at reading directions, will look up explanatory videos online when needed, can be trusted to check their own work and re-work missed things as necessary, and love all their subjects and can't wait to learn more about all of them.  Oh, and also, don't really need me for anything.  NOW let's pick out curricula!!!  (Rubs hands together with glee!)   :lol:

• Like 6

Absolutely. I really mean what I said up thread: Cars are deadly weapons. We should pilot them with that thought in mind. Unfortunately, because they are ingrained in our daily routine and are necessary to most of us, we tend to get complacent. We add radios and phones and comfy seats and decorations and socialize in them and, next thing you know, we treat them more like living rooms and act accordingly. No. I've read the autopsy reports of people killed by impaired drivers (Yes, those were substance-impaired, but, as drivers, we should remember that ANY condition, including tiredness, that limits our ability to drive safely and should consider that to be impairment as well. We are trained to "turn over our keys" after drinking; we should do the same if exhausted.), and it is horrific to face the reality of what used to be a vibrant, living soul reduced to, essentially, a piece of meat. And these cases are hard, because almost universally the impaired driver intended no harm. :sad:

Incidentally, I feel the same way about large breed dogs. I never ever forget that my GSDs are potentially dangerous. I train them accordingly, including making sure to train the bite command, so that we can regularly practice the release command. Just in case.

• Like 6

Oh my goodness!   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:   Hope you are all getting some rest and recovery today.  

Yes to the bazooka.  Keep doing all the good things.  You'll break through soon!

Ooooo, fun.  Let's pretend!  Let's pretend that all my kids are great at reading directions, will look up explanatory videos online when needed, can be trusted to check their own work and re-work missed things as necessary, and love all their subjects and can't wait to learn more about all of them.  Oh, and also, don't really need me for anything.  NOW let's pick out curricula!!!  (Rubs hands together with glee!)   :lol:

Wait? You alls children don't do that? My goodness, I am simply appalled at the educational neglect.

:mellow:

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

• Like 7

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,

But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.

So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!

I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

~ Ruth Hulbert Hamilton

I've known this forever (my mother had made a cross-stitch of it) but never knew the author (her cross-stitch listed anonymous).

Now I know!  

• Like 3

Regarding cars. Yes, totally. People are always telling I can drive if I just try. No respect for cars.

We prayed for TS in church.

I've known this forever (my mother had made a cross-stitch of it) but never knew the author (her cross-stitch listed anonymous).

Now I know!

It's longer than that.

• Like 4

Oh my goodness! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Hope you are all getting some rest and recovery today.

Yes to the bazooka. Keep doing all the good things. You'll break through soon!

Ooooo, fun. Let's pretend! Let's pretend that all my kids are great at reading directions, will look up explanatory videos online when needed, can be trusted to check their own work and re-work missed things as necessary, and love all their subjects and can't wait to learn more about all of them. Oh, and also, don't really need me for anything. NOW let's pick out curricula!!! (Rubs hands together with glee!) :lol:

If all those things were true, I wouldn't need to pick out curricula. We would just live and learn and do projects together. Curricula is what tells me what to do because we are not self-motivated enough to do all the things you just said. We would be unschoolers if we were dedicated enough to make unschooling work. We're not, and would easily fall through to the not schooling side of the equation.

• Like 6