Menu

Ignore this thread!

OK, fine. :nopity:  :willy_nilly:  :o  :eek:  :banghead:  :biggrinjester:  :zombiechase: 

I just put a bunch of unrelated emojis up. 

For fun!

Because I don't want to do the dishes.

Oh, but I did get my steps in today.  That was nice.  DH and I went on a nice walk. And critiqued all the houses in the neighborhood. I'm good at that.

• Like 7

Yes, leave it alone. Is this new? They're temperamental beasts and they need naps.

We inherited it with the house.  It's two years old, but based on the gunk that came up with the purge, it probably had never been purged before....just drained and cleaned.  I cleaned out a lot of algae bits this afternoon after I used the purge.

• Like 2

Oh, but I did get my steps in today. That was nice. DH and I went on a nice walk. And critiqued all the houses in the neighborhood. I'm good at that.

Dh is always taking walks, so I rarely have an excuse not to get my steps in. And he walks really fast, so I have to really push it even when he is trying to walk slower for my sake. We walked a bit extra (into the park) because I knew Jean was at the Y and would soon pass me up. :D

I am trying to think of ways to support my undead peonies. I think I have some abandoned netting from the gone-feral grape vines that I could rig up with stakes.

• Like 5

We inherited it with the house. It's two years old, but based on the gunk that came up with the purge, it probably had never been purged before....just drained and cleaned. I cleaned out a lot of algae bits this afternoon after I used the purge.

Once you make it happy it's easy to keep happy, but it needs to be mad for a while.

• Like 1

Once you make it happy it's easy to keep happy, but it needs to be mad for a while.

Yeah, I have my bromine levels at a happy place, but the alkalinity keeps being really volatile and I can't get the calcium to come up.  The water is only 60F right now....so when it gets up to 100F by morning I'll check levels again and see where it's at. I'm leaving it on low circulate.  I have a fresh container of calcium I'll dip into tomorrow.

Do you know anything about bromine floats? I'm debating about whether to toss one in.  I'm running a bromine system rather than chlorine just because chlorine sets off my asthma.  

• Like 1

Yeah, I have my bromine levels at a happy place, but the alkalinity keeps being really volatile and I can't get the calcium to come up. The water is only 60F right now....so when it gets up to 100F by morning I'll check levels again and see where it's at. I'm leaving it on low circulate. I have a fresh container of calcium I'll dip into tomorrow.

Do you know anything about bromine floats? I'm debating about whether to toss one in. I'm running a bromine system rather than chlorine just because chlorine sets off my asthma.

This is interesting!

Chlorine gives me a terrible itchy rash; I have to avoid most swimming pools and hot tubs because of it.

Wonder if I would be OK with bromine.

• Like 3

Yeah, I have my bromine levels at a happy place, but the alkalinity keeps being really volatile and I can't get the calcium to come up.  The water is only 60F right now....so when it gets up to 100F by morning I'll check levels again and see where it's at. I'm leaving it on low circulate.  I have a fresh container of calcium I'll dip into tomorrow.

Do you know anything about bromine floats? I'm debating about whether to toss one in.  I'm running a bromine system rather than chlorine just because chlorine sets off my asthma.  

We have a bromine system and a bromine frog float thing. That's all I know about it but I guess it works and we like it fine. We inherited ours with the house too but I don't mess with it much. 

• Like 2

I don't know but I'd let it rest. My mom used chlorine. I maintained it for years but she would only use chlorine. :glare:
  • Like 2

Yay!!! My power is back on. It was out from 10am-8pmish. Our house and yard seem to be unscathed too. I'm surprised because the wind was fierce. 

Junie, how are you all?

:seeya:  :seeya:  :seeya:

We lost power Friday morning and just got it back about two hours ago!

Hooray!

I'm really glad we don't have to spend another night without heat!

(It wasn't terrible.  The house got down to the mid 60s.)

• Like 7

Almost two whole days without internet.

:willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

I'm worse than the kids, I think.

I asked the girls at dinner what they missed most:

dd7 -- the nightlight

dd10 -- the alarm system

dd11 -- light so that she can do stuff

dd13 -- light and the cd player

dd15 -- hot water (that's my answer, too)

(ds17 was at work)

• Like 11

Last night dd7 and dd10 convinced dh and me to play Life with them.

Sigh.  I hate board games.

Tonight dd7, dd10, and dd13, and I did a puzzle.

Dd7 got miffed at dd10 for trying to put in her pieces and kept trying to give her advice.  Dd7 yelled at her: "What do you know about doing puzzles that I don't!"  I laughed so hard.

After the littles went to bed, dd13 and dd15 picked a much harder puzzle that I worked on with them.  We were about halfway done when the power came on.

Dd15 went upstairs to turn on the little girls' nightlight and yelled "Ta-Da!"  Dd11 quickly shushed her because dd7 and dd10 were already asleep.  :)

• Like 8

We lost most of the stuff in the fridge.  I'm hoping that the freezers are OK, but we haven't checked them yet.

A friend of mine let me keep my injection meds in her refrigerator.  

Thank goodness your injectables are ok!  

We ended up buying these: https://www.amazon.com/Insulin-Cooling-Reusable-Evaporative-Medication/dp/B0002262DA?th=1  which helped when our air conditioner kept going out in TX....in case you're looking for other potential ways to deal with the issue.

• Like 3

Thank goodness your injectables are ok!  

We ended up buying these: https://www.amazon.com/Insulin-Cooling-Reusable-Evaporative-Medication/dp/B0002262DA?th=1  which helped when our air conditioner kept going out in TX....in case you're looking for other potential ways to deal with the issue.

My medication has to stay refrigerated under 46 degrees.  They can stay at room temperature for 14 days, but I had just gotten this month's supply which needs to last until the end of the month.

I'm sorry you lost your fridge stuff.

It could have been much worse, so I'm not really upset about it.  I'm more upset that I didn't think that we would lose power for that long and I didn't prepare properly.

• Like 4

I had a very uncomfortable conversation with the boss. I explained that she doesn't know anything or care to learn, and that she's a gossip and a liar. Ball's in his court.

I think you should have told him how you REALLY felt.

lol.

:lol:

• Like 6

Well, I don't know if you remember me saying anything, but recently, I was talking about how dd has really caught on and taken over keeping herself mostly disciplined in doing schoolwork and keeping up with her schedule and just plain being easier to teach, starting this semester. Guess what dd said to me the other day when I told her to go ahead and finish whatever subject she was on and stop for the day (it was around 4pm).

"I never feel like I have done enough school work."

I couldn't even find words to say anything back! I almost fell over.

:ohmy:

My oldest messaged me the other day with the realization that she'd been taking many things for granted when here. :svengo:

• Like 14

I discovered an overgrown and gangly rosemary bush on the west side of the house. I need to figure out how to prune it back and take out all of the dead wood so it will rejuvenate without killing the thing.

Yeah, killing it would be bad. My mil nearly killed ours. It wasn't even gangly or overgrown. She just thought it needed a trim, I guess. Now, it's just shaped weird with no hope for redemption, and it's been several years.

You know those dogs that say things like “I Love you “ on YouTube? Juliet is going to be one if those dogs. She’s talking to me this morning. And this time it isn’t sass.

(She got so excited listening to this dog. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our cat is the kitty equivalent. He can whisper and make very subtle noises. Perhaps we should encourage him more.

• Like 5

Ds had late night car accident.

He’s on the way to the hospital for x-rays and for minor lacerations. Other driver ran a red light and apparently was taken into custody. Dh is with him.

2 am: They are home. Ds is pretty banged up. Nothing broken. Sprained wrist. Some stitches. Other driver was “driving while sleepyâ€. I have helped bandage ds up and put on a wrist splint. And told him to take Aleve. ER only did stitches. And with that: good night.

:grouphug:   So glad he's home and okay!!!   :grouphug:

• Like 2

The dishes need to be done. Anyone? Anyone?

My leg was paining me last night, and I realized after bedtime that I hadn't finished drying the master bedding and getting the bed remade.  I asked the girls to put all of the supper food away, and DD13 reported to me (after she was upstairs and in jammies) that ALL of the dishes were taken care of and the kitchen was all cleaned up, too.   :001_wub:  :001_wub:

• Like 5

OK, fine. :nopity:  :willy_nilly:  :o  :eek:  :banghead:  :biggrinjester:  :zombiechase:

I just put a bunch of unrelated emojis up. 

For fun!

Because I don't want to do the dishes.

Oh, but I did get my steps in today.  That was nice.  DH and I went on a nice walk. And critiqued all the houses in the neighborhood. I'm good at that.

I like to take those kind of walks, too!  Right now the temps are good for it and there aren't very many mosquitoes yet, so I should do this soon.

Maybe tomorrow I can get Dad to take a non-critical get-to-know-the-whole-property walk around the place in which he now lives.  Weather permitting, of course.  We are due more rain, and I don't know when it is going to hit.

Please be nice tomorrow, weather!  I'd like to get Dad out walking around.

• Like 2

Dh is always taking walks, so I rarely have an excuse not to get my steps in. And he walks really fast, so I have to really push it even when he is trying to walk slower for my sake. We walked a bit extra (into the park) because I knew Jean was at the Y and would soon pass me up. :D

I am trying to think of ways to support my undead peonies. I think I have some abandoned netting from the gone-feral grape vines that I could rig up with stakes.

I have teenage daughters who will hold my hand at times in stores and other public places, just to slow my walking pace down.  Perhaps you two can hold hands, too?

• Like 1

Almost two whole days without internet.

:willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

I'm worse than the kids, I think.

I asked the girls at dinner what they missed most:

dd7 -- the nightlight

dd10 -- the alarm system

dd11 -- light so that she can do stuff

dd13 -- light and the cd player

dd15 -- hot water (that's my answer, too)

(ds17 was at work)

We have so many power banks and battery-operated light sources (and a generator, if truly needed, though it's a pain to get running so it's only run during many-day outages), so I'd agree that the impact on hot water would be felt most.

Well, that and any delays in getting laundry done around here.  If it stacks up it takes a week or more to get back to the usual amount.  How did adding my Dad's laundry to my usual schedule result in it feeling like so much more?

We lost most of the stuff in the fridge.  I'm hoping that the freezers are OK, but we haven't checked them yet.

A friend of mine let me keep my injection meds in her refrigerator.  

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Sorry for the food loss.  

Time for a thorough fridge cleaning now?   :leaving: 

• Like 1

:ohmy:

My oldest messaged me the other day with the realization that she'd been taking many things for granted when here. :svengo:

It is nice when they have such epiphanies.

It is even nicer when they are willing to own up to the realization to others.

• Like 2

Ds had late night car accident.

:ohmy:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Reading further to see if you reported how he is.

He’s on the way to the hospital for x-rays and for minor lacerations. Other driver ran a red light and apparently was taken into custody. Dh is with him.

:cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:   

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

2 am: They are home. Ds is pretty banged up. Nothing broken. Sprained wrist. Some stitches. Other driver was “driving while sleepyâ€. I have helped bandage ds up and put on a wrist splint. And told him to take Aleve. ER only did stitches. And with that: good night.

I am glad he wasn't hurt worse.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I need to practice this approximately five billion times before next Friday bc singing polyphony is like doing mental math while someone else recites the multiplication tables in your ear.

It’s going to be so awesome once we get it down, though!

Thankfully the director decided not to give us any more new music for a while. Yes, I think two whole masses, two chant hymns, and two polyphonic pieces are enough for a while! :svengo: Maybe really good choirs can handle a new piece every week but we are very amateur.

:001_wub:

:grouphug: Jean and Tech Support. I hope he's not too sore this morning. Did the car survive?

I'm up and petting a young cat while the old cat returns to bed for her early morning nap. A bunch of seeds are up: all the cotton, many tomatoes and the basil. Still waiting on more tomatoes, the tobacco, and most of the peppers.

Oh, we have lots of cactus plants. :svengo:

• Like 4