Menu

Ignore this thread!

That sounds like work....

Baby votes naps and cuddles, procrastination, and later regret. Baby is persuasive.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,

But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.

So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!

I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

~ Ruth Hulbert Hamilton

• Like 7

Sketchers has adult size with velcro. Or at least they did a few years ago. Hard to find in stores though (even the Sketchers store... grrr).

It's probably going to be years before he's going to outgrow even a kids size 6 though. I think he currently wears a size 3? 

My most resistant shoe-tie child learned how to tie his last year. Yes, he was thirteen. Yes, it had to be his idea. Yes, he had to figure it out for himself.

Sigh. But he desperately wanted to wear boots like DH, so laces were part of the deal.

• Like 4

I am home from work. I vaccinated the young cat and both dogs. I am now getting cold-shoulder-how-dare-you-be-armed-with-needles looks from all and sundry.

Got comments back from a beta-reader that might need action, but I want to think about them first.

Writing awaits.

DH took the boys to the driving range. Hopefully this will settle their turtle tempers for the week.

• Like 4

I might or might not have told DD16 quite baldly, "You don't have to resist every suggestion I make just because I made the suggestion."

Now she's outside, having decided that one (or more) of my suggestions was at least worth trying.

:glare:

• Like 6

I took Juliet down one block to the park. That took us almost 20 minutes because she had to inspect every leaf and balked on occasion until I could coax her forward. At the park we observed kids playing and then I took her closer so that she could meet a few small people. She’s still a bit scared but this is part of the training. Then we did some “come†work on a long lead. Then we walked home. I had to scoop her up when the neighbor dog (who is poorly trained ) started to dash across the street at her. This is a lot of work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 5

We are power washing the deck today. It has slippery biofilm on it. We are also draining and scrubbing the hot tub. I have spa purge running through its jets right now.

Ah. Dh is looking at pressure washers right now.

My lettuce, arugula, kale, and spinach seeds are planted. I think that's about all the planting that will be done for a couple few weeks.

I helped dd9 do rat laundry. I should probably go take a walk but I don't wanna. I want to eat popcorn. Ds is home! :)

• Like 4

I'm writing, but story isn't exactly flowing like quicksilver at the moment. More like tar on a cold day. I'm thinking about entering one of my pot-boiling short stories in a writer's contest this month, just to see what happens. I have a good one that needs more work, but I think I could whip it into shape by the end of the month.

• Like 3

Because you cared.

She has 3 children and the whole family thing did not work out so I'm not sure she put much in there. This is the woman that has my children acting as flower girl and ring bearer because they will not be flying out.

Oh wow. So there are cognitive failures in multiple levels it sounds like. I wonder if we will ever get to a point where we can reinstall a brain function like a hard drive... Sounds like she needs more RAM.

• Like 1

Oh wow. So there are cognitive failures in multiple levels it sounds like. I wonder if we will ever get to a point where we can reinstall a brain function like a hard drive... Sounds like she needs more RAM.

I need RAM, new hardware, a few things removed and that installation thingy from The Matrix.

• Like 5

You guys have been too busy today. I’m finally back and able to sit down with a cuppa.

Got DD1’s ears pierced. That went well. Took along the two besties and two sisters, and we had a wonderful time. I was getting a little maudlin, thinking about when we got her (she was only 2 Days Old, we picked her up from the hospital) and how beautiful she was and what a complete gift she was. But I kept that all to myself and was just chauffeur. We lunched at In ‘n Out and I ate waaaay to much. It was fun. DD and besties are absolutely the sweetest girls.

Then, went to the Afsa, now, i’ve Got a chickie roasting in the oven with some onions and carrots and i’m Listening to the hail canons go off.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

I made one for DS today (with chocolate chips) and put whipped cream on top. He's a fan. And it's so quick to make. And doesn't make any for me, which is good because he needs it but I'd rather get my calories from coffee. :)

What other recipes have you been holding back on us? :glare:

• Like 4

We had Lego Lass’s birthday today. SHe made balloon animals and a cake decorated, i.e. covered completely, in jelly beans. Now that she’s 12 she wants to volunteer at the library. :)

For DH's birthday today he spent the morning going over Geometry with DD16 and the afternoon digging post holes and erecting the frame and rot boards for a section of our fence.  Tomorrow will be putting up the pickets and going to Ikea.

The good next door neighbor was upset when he realized DH was out there working on fence.  Neighbor wanted to help, but they were headed out when he found out.  He'll be glad DH didn't finish today because he has time tomorrow and can help.  He's a little upset with his wife because she saw DH out there working on fence and didn't say a thing.

We had lovely weather for this kind of work.  Not chilly but not overly warm, no precipitation but enough clouds to keep the strong sun off, and lower humidity today.

DH chose steak, green beans or corn, and garlic bread for supper.  He's getting steak, green beans, salad, and garlic bread.   :001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:

• Like 5

We had Lego Lass’s birthday today. SHe made balloon animals and a cake decorated, i.e. covered completely, in jelly beans. Now that she’s 12 she wants to volunteer at the library. :)

Happy birthday to Lego Lass!!!!  :party:  :party:  :party:

I made one for DS today (with chocolate chips) and put whipped cream on top. He's a fan. And it's so quick to make. And doesn't make any for me, which is good because he needs it but I'd rather get my calories from coffee. :)

What other recipes have you been holding back on us? :glare:

What kind of recipes do you want?

You are brave and did the right thing. âš¡ï¸ ENB power! Shazam! âš¡ï¸

Not really. He's great guy with things like this. I'm blessed to know him; cursed to work for him. ;)

I thought I heard dd11 whimpering in bed so I called over to her: "You OK, honey?"

Dd11: "Yes, I was just farting."

:lol:

(((butt)))

• Like 7